Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Share
    avatar
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 210
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-03-13
    Age : 23

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Werdax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 am

    Automancer wrote:
    Werdax wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:I ask again: WTF else is he supposed to do as a stealther? He can't fight straight up, he'll be flatted.
    I would never tell another player to drop their playstyle just because I am unsatisfied with it. He have all the rights in the world to fight his way. I just don't respect it in terms of skills (Unless he is a god when it comes to parry and riposte. Now THAT I respect).

    I will still show him the same honor as I show everybody else.

    It takes a lot to make me fight dirty (it has only happend once, in fact). Not that it felt very rewarding and satisfying
    There is only an illusion of 'honor' in competitive games.
    There is no 'honor' when you break your so-called code to go all out against the guy if he doesn't have dignity.

    It's basically the same attitude as those that pretend to want 'fair' fights but they bs/attack you after they bait you into bowing.
    It takes a lot to make me throw away my honor (It has only happend once, in fact). It didn't feel rewarding and satisfying. It felt dirty and lame.
    Which is why I prefer to fight the host where is either at a major advantage, or a place where we are on equal ground.


    Last edited by Werdax on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 50
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-01-02
    Age : 30
    Location : Korea

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Kyuseishu on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 am

    Automancer wrote:
    Werdax wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:I ask again: WTF else is he supposed to do as a stealther? He can't fight straight up, he'll be flatted.
    I would never tell another player to drop their playstyle just because I am unsatisfied with it. He have all the rights in the world to fight his way. I just don't respect it in terms of skills (Unless he is a god when it comes to parry and riposte. Now THAT I respect).

    I will still show him the same honor as I show everybody else.

    There is only an illusion of 'honor' in competitive games.
    There is no 'honor' when you break your so-called code to go all out against the guy if he doesn't have dignity.

    It's basically the same attitude as those that pretend to want 'fair' fights but they bs/attack you after they bait you into bowing.
    I can't find the "+1button" anywhere for this. big grin


    _________________
    xbox/ps3 : FallenKyuseishu
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Automancer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:33 am

    If you're fighting in an unofficial dueling area, i can see where you're going with this. However, with the state of casual PvP the way it is now, bowing to everyone will only get you killed. You can be honorable but don't be so naive. Even if you don't mind losing, at least try to survive without doing anything stupid?

    Personally, i feel that honor is pretty fake.
    I won't show 'honor' but i'll at least have a decent amount of respect for my opponents but i won't trust them until i've seen what they can do.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Automancer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:34 am

    Kyuseishu wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    Werdax wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:I ask again: WTF else is he supposed to do as a stealther? He can't fight straight up, he'll be flatted.
    I would never tell another player to drop their playstyle just because I am unsatisfied with it. He have all the rights in the world to fight his way. I just don't respect it in terms of skills (Unless he is a god when it comes to parry and riposte. Now THAT I respect).

    I will still show him the same honor as I show everybody else.

    There is only an illusion of 'honor' in competitive games.
    There is no 'honor' when you break your so-called code to go all out against the guy if he doesn't have dignity.

    It's basically the same attitude as those that pretend to want 'fair' fights but they bs/attack you after they bait you into bowing.
    I can't find the "+1button" anywhere for this. big grin

    Prostration


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:54 am

    And where does publicly disrespecting them, behind their backs, fit into your "honor?"

    You "spit on" them, for using a tactic you don't like, actually forming and voicing negative opinions about real people, and thats Ok, but bs fishing in a video game isn't?

    Totally legit right there.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Dubscythe on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 am

    Tanklord wrote:I'm done with invading for a while. Sick of getting obnoxious messages from both people I beat and from people who beat me ie "F**kin casual" and "U should play a different game". My XBL rep is on the way down as well due to "unsporting behaviour" thanks to my darkspamming Darkwraith :evil: I'll have to start doing lots more Jolly Co-operation to bring my rep back up and have the nice messages and friend requests coming in again.

    Damn really? I never really invaded when I was on Xbox but I've killed at least 40 people in random invasions since Sunday on PS3 and haven't gotten a single message.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Automancer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 am

    Yeah, PS3 players tend to be more restrained and mostly keep to themselves.
    I've met tons of 'bad' players but never really got any hatemail when i win or lose. Well, there was this Divine Blessing muncher that just spammed the Gold Tracer through the whole fight. When he lost, the guy threatened to sue me for hacking and cursed my family. LOL.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1068
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 17
    Location : Korea

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by shadowzninjaz on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 am

    When u do invasions u never bow unless u invade "dueling areas" since the whole point of invading is 2 kill the host n destroy there game. I do both invasions n dueling but even at some duel places people r a bunch badies and dont have any respect.


    _________________
    Hiya!!!
    Psn: shadowz_ninjaz
    Skype: shadowz.ninjaz
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Texas

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by swordiris on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 am

    luvz2fight wrote:The only time when Im able to pull off being a jerk is when im Darkmooning with my Tarkus.

    I just keep telling myself: they sinned THEY DESERVE IT



    +1'd loyal messenger.

    I don't use etiquette unless I'm dueling in the arena.

    Other than that, sinners deserve no mercy. Showing a sinner courtesy is blasphemy.


    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Automancer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 am

    swordiris wrote:
    luvz2fight wrote:The only time when Im able to pull off being a jerk is when im Darkmooning with my Tarkus.

    I just keep telling myself: they sinned THEY DESERVE IT



    +1'd loyal messenger.

    I don't use etiquette unless I'm dueling in the arena.

    Other than that, sinners deserve no mercy. Showing a sinner courtesy is blasphemy.

    Lol at you scrubby fartmoons~ Shrug
    Just kidding. =X


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Rynn on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:32 am

    When I invade hosts, I give no quarter, because I expect no quarter to be given to me.

    If you see me bow to a host, or wait for them to slay mobs, then i am in a good mood, but this does not mean that i'm patiently awaiting a fair fight: I even expect the person I give such courtesy to, to be the one whom heals.

    The only thing I show no respect for is Divine Blessing, or Mushroom Spam, and of course, Ganking, because they either involve hacking in order to really do, or they are completely beyond a respect PvP action.

    Just go PvP, no worrying about honor.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by User1 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm

    Honour is not something I stay to, unless it's a fight club. I invaded that world with an intention to get you, hosts, so I will do any measure possible to kill you, and that would include Hornet Ring backstabs while you bow. Some may see this as a d*ckhead thing to do. I see it as common sense, since the sh*tty Xbox community will not relent in giving you the very same.
    avatar
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 145
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-11-25
    Age : 38
    Location : IRELAND

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Tanklord on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:48 pm

    Dubscythe wrote:
    Tanklord wrote:I'm done with invading for a while. Sick of getting obnoxious messages from both people I beat and from people who beat me ie "F**kin casual" and "U should play a different game". My XBL rep is on the way down as well due to "unsporting behaviour" thanks to my darkspamming Darkwraith :evil: I'll have to start doing lots more Jolly Co-operation to bring my rep back up and have the nice messages and friend requests coming in again.

    Damn really? I never really invaded when I was on Xbox but I've killed at least 40 people in random invasions since Sunday on PS3 and haven't gotten a single message.

    It's the fact that I was using dark magic. There's a lot of Dark souls players out there who seem to despise dark magic. TBH I wouldn't blame them as it's way too overpowered. Although in saying that I've invaded many players who are brilliant at avoiding it and end up handing my *** to me once I run out of it. With practice and skill (fast roll and DWGR certainly helps) it's very possible to dodge dark magic and give us dark magic spammers the hiding that we deserve:)

    My problem is twofold. Some players who can't handle it cry foul and send me messages calling me cheap and noobish although to be honest the majority of players I beat with Dark Magic don't send any messages. Then there's the other extreme, players who get all smug when they beat a DM spammer and start sending **** messages. Normally I don't mind it but there was one particular person who took it a bit too far in my opinion, calling me a "sorry player" and recommending that I should try another game other than Dark Souls after he beat me. A week later I invaded a player in the forest and got beaten, I then got a message from that player and it turns out to be the same player that beat me and sent me the smug messages a week before. I just told him to get bent and he then sent me "lol I raped u!!". Normally this **** is water off a duck's back but this particular guy came across as a real "f**king twat. I'd love to post his gamertag here to find out whether he thrash talked anyone on this forum but I think it's against the rules to post gamertags so I wont :evil: Anyhow if I was a "sorry DS player" I wouldn't have half the amount of XBL friends that I do have and I'm sure most of them would vouch for me cheers


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: DARK SUN PETER
    It's only Human to commit a sin, BWAHAAHAAHAAAHAAAA!"
    avatar
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 457
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Everywhere there is evil to be fought!

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Paragon on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:09 am

    You can PM people this guy's gamertag just don't post it as that is against forum rules and this thread will get banned faster than Ornstein can stab you through the chest from the other side of the room. Feel free to PM me this guy's gamertag, I used to be on Xbox so I might know him. If not then whatever.


    _________________
    Messengers of Velka

    "Prepare to get Mike Tyson'd, Sinner"
    avatar
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 207
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 33
    Location : Boston

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by jimmyc0341 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:06 am

    Tanklord wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:
    Tanklord wrote:I'm done with invading for a while. Sick of getting obnoxious messages from both people I beat and from people who beat me ie "F**kin casual" and "U should play a different game". My XBL rep is on the way down as well due to "unsporting behaviour" thanks to my darkspamming Darkwraith :evil: I'll have to start doing lots more Jolly Co-operation to bring my rep back up and have the nice messages and friend requests coming in again.

    Damn really? I never really invaded when I was on Xbox but I've killed at least 40 people in random invasions since Sunday on PS3 and haven't gotten a single message.

    It's the fact that I was using dark magic. There's a lot of Dark souls players out there who seem to despise dark magic. TBH I wouldn't blame them as it's way too overpowered. Although in saying that I've invaded many players who are brilliant at avoiding it and end up handing my *** to me once I run out of it. With practice and skill (fast roll and DWGR certainly helps) it's very possible to dodge dark magic and give us dark magic spammers the hiding that we deserve:)

    My problem is twofold. Some players who can't handle it cry foul and send me messages calling me cheap and noobish although to be honest the majority of players I beat with Dark Magic don't send any messages. Then there's the other extreme, players who get all smug when they beat a DM spammer and start sending **** messages. Normally I don't mind it but there was one particular person who took it a bit too far in my opinion, calling me a "sorry player" and recommending that I should try another game other than Dark Souls after he beat me. A week later I invaded a player in the forest and got beaten, I then got a message from that player and it turns out to be the same player that beat me and sent me the smug messages a week before. I just told him to get bent and he then sent me "lol I raped u!!". Normally this **** is water off a duck's back but this particular guy came across as a real "f**king twat. I'd love to post his gamertag here to find out whether he thrash talked anyone on this forum but I think it's against the rules to post gamertags so I wont :evil: Anyhow if I was a "sorry DS player" I wouldn't have half the amount of XBL friends that I do have and I'm sure most of them would vouch for me cheers
    By no means am I dark magic fan as I think it is cheap in all honesty but it's part of the game just like the humongous dead angles on crystal soul spears plus if I invade you and you're not ganking me then I wouldn't send any type of message(even if you don't have an INT build). I don't send hatemail to anyone who 1v1's anyways gankers and hackers are another story


    _________________
    "The night is dark and full of terrors"


    -Courier for The Invader Trader Store of Wonders-

    Xbox GT: bostonmobb0341
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Automancer on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:21 am

    I get those kinds of players as well. I try to back off so that i can unlock and dodge through Pursuers or Dark Bead and they see it as running away.

    I get point down and get sent hate mails that i fail at DkS and i should go f*ck myself. Look Skyward


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Thedeadships on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 am

    I don't even know what the proper etiquette is anymore, if I invade, it seems these days that i'm either going to be ganked or end up @ an estus chugger, if I'm hosting then it seems the phantoms run away 2/3rds of the time to heal with humanity, this is always regardless of bows or waves or whatever. I never know what terms I'm fighting on anymore. In response these days I'll take a preemptive heal @ times if I need it because I don't know what to expect from others, sorry if I've busted this out on all of you that are still "fair duellers".

    Is there any sort of etiquette still alive? Or have I just had a run of bad luck these past 2 weeks
    avatar
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 252
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-07-13

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by DigitaLinsanitY on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:30 pm

    If you don't expect proper educate you will never be disappointed.

    It's much more liberating and generally more enjoyable to just not worry about it in random invasions.


    _________________
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:59 pm