Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

Post by Werdax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 am

Automancer wrote:
    Werdax wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:I ask again: WTF else is he supposed to do as a stealther? He can't fight straight up, he'll be flatted.
    I would never tell another player to drop their playstyle just because I am unsatisfied with it. He have all the rights in the world to fight his way. I just don't respect it in terms of skills (Unless he is a god when it comes to parry and riposte. Now THAT I respect).

I will still show him the same honor as I show everybody else.

It takes a lot to make me fight dirty (it has only happend once, in fact). Not that it felt very rewarding and satisfying
    There is only an illusion of 'honor' in competitive games.
    There is no 'honor' when you break your so-called code to go all out against the guy if he doesn't have dignity.

It's basically the same attitude as those that pretend to want 'fair' fights but they bs/attack you after they bait you into bowing.
    It takes a lot to make me throw away my honor (It has only happend once, in fact). It didn't feel rewarding and satisfying. It felt dirty and lame.
    Which is why I prefer to fight the host where is either at a major advantage, or a place where we are on equal ground.

Last edited by Werdax on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 am

Automancer wrote:
    Werdax wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:I ask again: WTF else is he supposed to do as a stealther? He can't fight straight up, he'll be flatted.
    I would never tell another player to drop their playstyle just because I am unsatisfied with it. He have all the rights in the world to fight his way. I just don't respect it in terms of skills (Unless he is a god when it comes to parry and riposte. Now THAT I respect).

There is no 'honor' when you break your so-called code to go all out against the guy if he doesn't have dignity.

It's basically the same attitude as those that pretend to want 'fair' fights but they bs/attack you after they bait you into bowing.
    I can't find the "+1button" anywhere for this. big grin

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:33 am

If you're fighting in an unofficial dueling area, i can see where you're going with this. However, with the state of casual PvP the way it is now, bowing to everyone will only get you killed. You can be honorable but don't be so naive. Even if you don't mind losing, at least try to survive without doing anything stupid?

Personally, i feel that honor is pretty fake.
    I won't show 'honor' but i'll at least have a decent amount of respect for my opponents but i won't trust them until i've seen what they can do.

Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:34 am

Kyuseishu wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    Werdax wrote:

I can't find the "+1button" anywhere for this. big grin

Prostration

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:54 am

And where does publicly disrespecting them, behind their backs, fit into your "honor?"

You "spit on" them, for using a tactic you don't like, actually forming and voicing negative opinions about real people, and thats Ok, but bs fishing in a video game isn't?

Totally legit right there.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 am

Tanklord wrote:I'm done with invading for a while. Sick of getting obnoxious messages from both people I beat and from people who beat me ie "F**kin casual" and "U should play a different game". My XBL rep is on the way down as well due to "unsporting behaviour" thanks to my darkspamming Darkwraith :evil: I'll have to start doing lots more Jolly Co-operation to bring my rep back up and have the nice messages and friend requests coming in again.

Damn really? I never really invaded when I was on Xbox but I've killed at least 40 people in random invasions since Sunday on PS3 and haven't gotten a single message.

Resident PvP punching bag
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 am

Yeah, PS3 players tend to be more restrained and mostly keep to themselves.
    I've met tons of 'bad' players but never really got any hatemail when i win or lose. Well, there was this Divine Blessing muncher that just spammed the Gold Tracer through the whole fight. When he lost, the guy threatened to sue me for hacking and cursed my family. LOL.

shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 am

When u do invasions u never bow unless u invade "dueling areas" since the whole point of invading is 2 kill the host n destroy there game. I do both invasions n dueling but even at some duel places people r a bunch badies and dont have any respect.

swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 am

luvz2fight wrote:The only time when Im able to pull off being a jerk is when im Darkmooning with my Tarkus.

I just keep telling myself: they sinned THEY DESERVE IT

+1'd loyal messenger.

I don't use etiquette unless I'm dueling in the arena.

Other than that, sinners deserve no mercy. Showing a sinner courtesy is blasphemy.

All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 am

swordiris wrote:
    luvz2fight wrote:The only time when Im able to pull off being a jerk is when im Darkmooning with my Tarkus.

I just keep telling myself: they sinned THEY DESERVE IT

+1'd loyal messenger.

I don't use etiquette unless I'm dueling in the arena.

Other than that, sinners deserve no mercy. Showing a sinner courtesy is blasphemy.

Lol at you scrubby fartmoons~ Shrug
    Just kidding. =X

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:32 am

When I invade hosts, I give no quarter, because I expect no quarter to be given to me.

If you see me bow to a host, or wait for them to slay mobs, then i am in a good mood, but this does not mean that i'm patiently awaiting a fair fight: I even expect the person I give such courtesy to, to be the one whom heals.

The only thing I show no respect for is Divine Blessing, or Mushroom Spam, and of course, Ganking, because they either involve hacking in order to really do, or they are completely beyond a respect PvP action.

Just go PvP, no worrying about honor.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Honour is not something I stay to, unless it's a fight club. I invaded that world with an intention to get you, hosts, so I will do any measure possible to kill you, and that would include Hornet Ring backstabs while you bow. Some may see this as a d*ckhead thing to do. I see it as common sense, since the sh*tty Xbox community will not relent in giving you the very same.
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Dubscythe wrote:
    Tanklord wrote:I'm done with invading for a while. Sick of getting obnoxious messages from both people I beat and from people who beat me ie "F**kin casual" and "U should play a different game". My XBL rep is on the way down as well due to "unsporting behaviour" thanks to my darkspamming Darkwraith :evil: I'll have to start doing lots more Jolly Co-operation to bring my rep back up and have the nice messages and friend requests coming in again.

Damn really? I never really invaded when I was on Xbox but I've killed at least 40 people in random invasions since Sunday on PS3 and haven't gotten a single message.

It's the fact that I was using dark magic. There's a lot of Dark souls players out there who seem to despise dark magic. TBH I wouldn't blame them as it's way too overpowered. Although in saying that I've invaded many players who are brilliant at avoiding it and end up handing my *** to me once I run out of it. With practice and skill (fast roll and DWGR certainly helps) it's very possible to dodge dark magic and give us dark magic spammers the hiding that we deserve:)

My problem is twofold. Some players who can't handle it cry foul and send me messages calling me cheap and noobish although to be honest the majority of players I beat with Dark Magic don't send any messages. Then there's the other extreme, players who get all smug when they beat a DM spammer and start sending **** messages. Normally I don't mind it but there was one particular person who took it a bit too far in my opinion, calling me a "sorry player" and recommending that I should try another game other than Dark Souls after he beat me. A week later I invaded a player in the forest and got beaten, I then got a message from that player and it turns out to be the same player that beat me and sent me the smug messages a week before. I just told him to get bent and he then sent me "lol I raped u!!". Normally this **** is water off a duck's back but this particular guy came across as a real "f**king twat. I'd love to post his gamertag here to find out whether he thrash talked anyone on this forum but I think it's against the rules to post gamertags so I wont :evil: Anyhow if I was a "sorry DS player" I wouldn't have half the amount of XBL friends that I do have and I'm sure most of them would vouch for me cheers

Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:09 am

You can PM people this guy's gamertag just don't post it as that is against forum rules and this thread will get banned faster than Ornstein can stab you through the chest from the other side of the room. Feel free to PM me this guy's gamertag, I used to be on Xbox so I might know him. If not then whatever.

"Prepare to get Mike Tyson'd, Sinner"
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:06 am

Tanklord wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:

It's the fact that I was using dark magic. There's a lot of Dark souls players out there who seem to despise dark magic. TBH I wouldn't blame them as it's way too overpowered. Although in saying that I've invaded many players who are brilliant at avoiding it and end up handing my *** to me once I run out of it. With practice and skill (fast roll and DWGR certainly helps) it's very possible to dodge dark magic and give us dark magic spammers the hiding that we deserve:)

My problem is twofold. Some players who can't handle it cry foul and send me messages calling me cheap and noobish although to be honest the majority of players I beat with Dark Magic don't send any messages. Then there's the other extreme, players who get all smug when they beat a DM spammer and start sending **** messages. Normally I don't mind it but there was one particular person who took it a bit too far in my opinion, calling me a "sorry player" and recommending that I should try another game other than Dark Souls after he beat me. A week later I invaded a player in the forest and got beaten, I then got a message from that player and it turns out to be the same player that beat me and sent me the smug messages a week before. I just told him to get bent and he then sent me "lol I raped u!!". Normally this **** is water off a duck's back but this particular guy came across as a real "f**king twat. I'd love to post his gamertag here to find out whether he thrash talked anyone on this forum but I think it's against the rules to post gamertags so I wont :evil: Anyhow if I was a "sorry DS player" I wouldn't have half the amount of XBL friends that I do have and I'm sure most of them would vouch for me cheers
    By no means am I dark magic fan as I think it is cheap in all honesty but it's part of the game just like the humongous dead angles on crystal soul spears plus if I invade you and you're not ganking me then I wouldn't send any type of message(even if you don't have an INT build). I don't send hatemail to anyone who 1v1's anyways gankers and hackers are another story

-Courier for The Invader Trader Store of Wonders-

Xbox GT: bostonmobb0341
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:21 am

I get those kinds of players as well. I try to back off so that i can unlock and dodge through Pursuers or Dark Bead and they see it as running away.

I get point down and get sent hate mails that i fail at DkS and i should go f*ck myself. Look Skyward

Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thedeadships on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 am

I don't even know what the proper etiquette is anymore, if I invade, it seems these days that i'm either going to be ganked or end up @ an estus chugger, if I'm hosting then it seems the phantoms run away 2/3rds of the time to heal with humanity, this is always regardless of bows or waves or whatever. I never know what terms I'm fighting on anymore. In response these days I'll take a preemptive heal @ times if I need it because I don't know what to expect from others, sorry if I've busted this out on all of you that are still "fair duellers".

Is there any sort of etiquette still alive? Or have I just had a run of bad luck these past 2 weeks
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:30 pm

If you don't expect proper educate you will never be disappointed.

It's much more liberating and generally more enjoyable to just not worry about it in random invasions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:59 pm