Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: Do you use "proper PvP etiquette" during random invasions?

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:47 pm

never mind that you have to guess their dead angle, angle.

Fine though, technically it can be done, but its really not going to happen. Just like it is technically possible for my controller to spontaneously become a tiny trash can.

Still, its so easy and so effective that I don't do it to preserve my skill.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:01 pm

When I'm in the forest not so much. Unless I find a single host who is going it alone then maybe depending on their attitude. I Darkmoon everywhere so if I am in the Burg I usually keep it clean unless I run into some who has just invaded me and was a total jerk. I have gone back and forth with a few of these guys.
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:06 pm

I normally do a after winning a fight. If it's a really good fight I bow. Yesterday I screwed up a few times when invading and got owned by some people who used and gesture afterwards. This pissed me off a bit so I decided to become a total douche with my invasions afterwards. I Twopped one host as he was bowing and finished him off with a Darkmoon buffed backstab. I then done the gesture. I whipped out my sorceror and darkspammed a few more victims to death, giving them that gesture afterwards. It was rather "dishonorable" I know but sometimes you can be goaded into becoming an ******* when facing similar people who use ******* tactics :pirat:

XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:54 pm

I tried and I mean TRIED being polite and treating all my invasions with honor but after awhile I finally gave up. I dont chain stab, attack while someone bows, etc but I gave up on the "rules" of invading. I use the hornet ring, I use the "mean" gold tracer cause its a good weapon, and I use builds that win. I made a shotel build that can buff with lightning blade and get hate mail every other invasion but its not my fault there are weapons in the game that are better than others. There is the feeling that "no weapon is best" but there are and you should use them and not feel bad for it. If you are in a duel then of course you should abide by what ever rules the host has laid out but otherwise, if the game provided it to you.....use it.

edit: also I do not bow.ever. No matter what the host has the advantage and I have fought hundreds of people who bow, begin the fight fair, start losing, and boom DB popping-bs fish-try hard begins. Bowing means nothing outside a duel.remember that
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:16 pm

I just hold back for two seconds to see what the host does. Of course I hold back a bit after I see the numbers of people I face (xbox habit I won't give up). If the host bows I step back and bow back and start fighting like it is my last. I hold only two rules on my side: no healing and only bs if I am or if the host heals. I don't judge how someone else's fights or what is used anymore and focus on what I do and what the host does. If I lose eh can't win them all and chances are as a DM I'll end up fighting the same person again. If I win I bow as a simple thing, nothing more and most cases hope to get that person again.

Addicted

Post by The_Red_Drifter on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 pm

I generally don't follow any particular etiquette as an invader, it's usually based on what character I am playing as. I tend to goof off the most when using my 125 INT build, be an ******* with a mid level assassin, or seek justice at any cost as my holy knight (till I kept running into really low level characters in Anor Londo, Darkmooning so silly). I generally don't go random enough anymore, but I'm gonna get back into it when I finally get around to finishing the forest hunter and getting back in touch with it (first spot I tried doing PvP beyond randomly being invaded, lol).
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm done with invading for a while. Sick of getting obnoxious messages from both people I beat and from people who beat me ie "F**kin casual" and "U should play a different game". My XBL rep is on the way down as well due to "unsporting behaviour" thanks to my darkspamming Darkwraith :evil: I'll have to start doing lots more Jolly Co-operation to bring my rep back up and have the nice messages and friend requests coming in again.

EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I don't think Xbox rep can handle Dark Souls. I'm sure if i played it on the xbox, my rep would have shot up, then shot down. Way down. 8)

Addicted

Post by Tanklord on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:17 pm

Believe me, since creating my Darkwraith toon my XBL rep is going down and down sad

XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:47 pm

lol Im at 3/4 of a star lmao people dont like losing much in dark souls

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:50 pm

I somehow manage to stay at 5 stars, even if my connection is horrific, and I like to spam greathammer roll attacks.
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:03 pm

It depends upon who i invade, if the host is a ganker, then etiquette goes out the window. But if its a lone host, and they bow first, then i play fair.

Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.

Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm so glad rep doesn't work like that in PSN. I remember in DeS, you would get ratings that people could see when they summoned you. There were "rep trolls" who would summon you, send you away, and give you a fail rating.

Glad DkS did away with that. And, yeah, I agree with the rep not being able to handle DkS.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:10 pm

nope.avi

I'll bs fish if you make it too easy to bs you, I'll use the Hornet Ring, I won't bow, the only thing I don't do is attack a defenseless opponent. I won't attack if you're buffing/bowing.

That doesn't mean I'm going to bow back.

Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:01 am

reim0027 wrote:I'm so glad rep doesn't work like that in PSN. I remember in DeS, you would get ratings that people could see when they summoned you. There were "rep trolls" who would summon you, send you away, and give you a fail rating.

Glad DkS did away with that. And, yeah, I agree with the rep not being able to handle DkS.
    I had like 95% S rating from helping people at Old Monk. Being a good PvP'er will rake in the S ranks for that fight, I swear.

Then I started dropping blue in 4-1. Got summoned by gankers and would bring down the Skeleton train on them whenever an invader appeared. Now my rating is like 65% S.

On-topic: I can think of no earthly reason why I would invade questers if I wanted to have a duel. If I'm invading it's because I want to camp ladder tops with WoG, hide behind enemies while shooting MLGS R2's at them, Fire Tempest from behind corners, sneak up on people for BS's, lure hosts into groups of enemies then TWoP'ing them, etc.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:13 am

if my stream is any indication.
    No, I give no quarter. I'm very rude unless you catch me in a funny mood. Some people for literally no good reason get better treatment.
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:11 am

I am bound by a self made honor. When I invade, it is crucial for me that I bow to my opponent before a fight, regardless of the hosts behavior.
    However, if the host fails to show any bit of dignity, my honor allows me to do whatever is necessary to destroy my target.
    Backstaps won't EVER be acceptable though, no matter the situation.

Last edited by Werdax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:14 am

Werdax wrote:I am bound by a self made honor. When I invade, it is crucial for me that I bow to my opponent before a fight. Regardless of the hosts behavior.
    However, if the host fails to show any bit of dignity, my honor allows me to do whatever is necessary to destroy my target.
    Backstabs won't EVER be acceptable though, no matter the situation.
    So if your heavy and have a slow weapon and poise out the wazoo, punishing you for leaving an opening and being slow is unacceptable?

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:18 am

Kyuseishu wrote:
    Werdax wrote:I am bound by a self made honor. When I invade, it is crucial for me that I bow to my opponent before a fight. Regardless of the hosts behavior.
    Backstabs won't EVER be acceptable though, no matter the situation.
    So if your heavy and have a slow weapon and poise out the wazoo, punishing you for leaving an opening and being slow is unacceptable?

The rule only applies for me. While I spit on people who relies only on backstaps during a fight, they do not break my respect for them if they manage to get a backstap because they saw an opening.

If I have a perfect opportunity to backstap my opponent, I will intensionally let it slip between my fingers.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 am

Oh? So what is the stealther host supposed to do? fight you with his dagger when any 1 hit could stunlock him?

Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 am

Backstaps.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Oh? So what is the stealther host supposed to do? fight you with his dagger when any 1 hit could stunlock him?
    If a stealthy host absolutely must rely on Backstaps, I will still disrespect him. Not that it is much of a problem since it makes him VERY easy to predict.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 am

I ask again: WTF else is he supposed to do as a stealther? He can't fight straight up, he'll be flatted.

Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:12 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I ask again: WTF else is he supposed to do as a stealther? He can't fight straight up, he'll be flatted.
    I would never tell another player to drop their playstyle just because I am unsatisfied with it. He have all the rights in the world to fight his way. I just don't respect it in terms of skills (Unless he is a god when it comes to parry and riposte. Now THAT I respect).

I will still show him the same honor as I show everybody else.
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:17 am

Werdax wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:I ask again: WTF else is he supposed to do as a stealther? He can't fight straight up, he'll be flatted.
    I would never tell another player to drop their playstyle just because I am unsatisfied with it. He have all the rights in the world to fight his way. I just don't respect it in terms of skills (Unless he is a god when it comes to parry and riposte. Now THAT I respect).

I will still show him the same honor as I show everybody else.

There is only an illusion of 'honor' in competitive games.
    There is no 'honor' when you break your so-called code to go all out against the guy if he doesn't have dignity.

It's basically the same attitude as those that pretend to want 'fair' fights but they bs/attack you after they bait you into bowing. It's so freaking hypocritical.

Back on topic, random invasions means that you invade someone else's game without being invited in. Anything goes and that's the basic framework of the multiplayer option in DkS. 'Honor' is only something made up by players to promote fairness in fights. There's nothing wrong with that, however, do that when you arrange matches with others. Don't use that :dung: in invasions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:00 am