Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
dragonbeast6
namanama1
SlothAlmighty
T-King-667
Shakie666
Nybbles
Gyonimizotetsu
Fayt
MasterofShadows
Juutas
Wolfsbane
Cartod
Blackknightq
EverlastingRat
Myztyrio
Djem
Dibsville
Infighter
eminusx
Oh_the_Humanity
morte
GaryBlevins
R3dlace
Zeta Prime
mr_no_face
Saturday-Saint
Soris Ice Goldwing
User1
The Letter X
Johnthethird
34 posters

Starting Class?

eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Starting Class? - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting Class?

Post by eminusx Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    eminusx wrote:ha, like a pi$$ed up village idiot.

Armour - cardboard box with a sun on the front
    Weapon - half eaten leg of fried chicken and the bucket for a helmet!

fearsome

Ha ha ha!
    I can picture it now.
    The sun on the front would have to be drawn on with a piece of coal or something.
    His weapon would start out as a whole chicken leg but degrades by him eating it slowly.
    lol!

that aint no plain old estus he's drinkin'!!!!

Prostration probably see him doing this quite a lot!
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:14 pm

would be good if you could start off as a certain class, but progress through to reach the top tier as you level up, maybe start as puny alter boy. . .end up
    [insert catholic joke here]

that whole shhht about a village idiot class had me laughin' so fuqin hard

I always wanted something like a bada$$ necromancer, ya know with spells like undead rapport, but useful, raising armies of dead mofuqas. I mean there are those freakin necromancers in the catacombs, why can't I be one, but better?

Blackknightq

Post by Blackknightq Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 pm

There should be a samurai class wielding someting simmaler to the uchigatna and have super light armor(Kimono)he would be a dex/endurance character.No sheild so either two hand your weapon or like someone suggested earlier dual weild a tanto.Would love to pvp with a samuraiStarting Class? - Page 2 1697181849.
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cartod Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Propane Salesman would be cool

He could sell propane and propane accessories.
    Wolfsbane
    Wolfsbane

Post by Wolfsbane Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:35 pm

I'd like to see some kind of Hand to Hand class like a Monk. Where the unarmed animation could even be different.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:15 am

What ever the starting classes may be (+ the originals) I have to pick the bandit, because that class has my favourite piece of armor, the Brigand hood (female version).
    When the game starts I'm going to find myself Longsword or some other similar straight sword and I'm ready to face Dark Souls 2.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:51 am

RenegadeCop wrote:Want; Assassin
    Expected; Pyromancer

Isn't the thief class the assassin class of the last games?

I do however, like the idea of the samurai class that was mentioned. It would be cool to have a class that starts with just the katana and no shield. To be more consistent, given it some type of spear weapon and a short bow, and bam, samurai.
    Fayt
    Fayt

Post by Fayt Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:09 am

I hope it will be a mix of demon and dark soul starting classes, and an addition of new ones.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:31 pm

I want a mage class that has support spells rather than offensive spells. Like chameleon or cast light. And a Hand to Hand combat class.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Gyonimizotetsu wrote:I want a mage class that has support spells rather than offensive spells. Like chameleon or cast light. And a Hand to Hand combat class.

It would need to have weak base attack on its weapons, but high critical attacks, or perhaps on a unique one like a "surprise attack" that could only be used if your enemy did not have his shield up and you attacked directly out of non-human or totally non-visible form. Then, I think it'd be an interesting class. Also, chameleon would have to work on bosses.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Soldier … balanced dex and strength, no magic. medium armor with medium shield, a spear and straight sword.

Knight … higher endurance and strength, some vitality, some faith, highest starting level. heavy armor with heavy non-parrying shield and bastard sword.

Assassin … higher dex, some intelligence and some faith. light armor with small parrying shield, a knife and short bow.

Cleric … higher faith, balanced strength and attunement. light armor with medium shield, a mace and talisman.

Witch … balanced dexterity and attunment, intelligence. light armor with light shield, a staff (be nice to have staff weapons) or spear and pyro flame.

Wanderer … higher dex, balanced endurance and vitality, no magic. medium armor and light shield, a scimitar and short bow.

Royal … high magic and attunment, some dexterity. light armor and light shield, rapier and catalyst

Bandit … balanced endurance and vitality, high strength, no magic. light armor and light shield, an axe and crossbow.

Village Idiot … low everything, all 9s. rag pants and paper three-cornered hat, dead chicken (shield) and a stick (club). EDIT: oh! dung pie and firebombs. the only class to start at level one
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:52 pm

So do you guys think that it should be like it has been where you can eventually become anytone no matter what starting class you choose?
    Or, I was thinking that one you pick a class you have to stick with it and you will be somewhat limited on what gear and weapons you can use?
    So if you pick a knight you will never be able to use magic. Things like that. Or maybe, and this is what I'm leaning towards, not limiting you where you can't use certain items at all but certain items will be nerfed based on your class? So if you are that knight instead of not being able to use magic at all, you will just suck at it, and won't deal the kind of damage that a mage would. I don't like the idea of not letting you use certain items completely, but nerfing stats on items that your class doesn't use kinda makes sense.
    Now I'm really on the fence with this idea because I can see how people could hate this idea, but at the same time I could see this working out quite well if implemented right.
    What do you all think?
    and how would you go about this idea?
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:06 pm

What about a really tanky warrior, who has no shield, just heavy armour and a big weapon like a zweihander or something. Though I guess if it was good enough to actually take down bosses there wouldn't be a lot of skill needed.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Gyonimizotetsu wrote:I want a mage class that has support spells rather than offensive spells. Like chameleon or cast light. And a Hand to Hand combat class.

But classes should have somewhat equal playability from the start. Although I have to say that the thief is much more difficult to start with in DkS.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Myztyrio wrote:

But classes should have somewhat equal playability from the start. Although I have to say that the thief is much more difficult to start with in DkS.

If you pair the hiding ability with an attack type based on hiding before striking to get a high-level critical, it'd be pretty playable. Obviously the weapon would have to use bleed or something like that for the tutorial boss, but that is beside the point.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 pm

I wanna see a class that sort of brings undead rapport to a new level a class that focuses on turning your foes on one another. But ofcourse in a non op fashion.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:46 pm

T-King-667 wrote:I wanna see a class that sort of brings undead rapport to a new level a class that focuses on turning your foes on one another. But ofcourse in a non op fashion.

For that to work, there would need to be different "levels" of undead rapport that would turn enemies of different souls levels, with higher levels of rapport corresponding to higher levels of enemies. That would, however, result in a problem with the first boss: it would have to change based on class or it would have to be designed so that it would be blindingly easy because all classes could use their unique ability to exploit a variety of weaknesses.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Myztyrio wrote:

Thieves/Assassins/Rogues are always the hardest classes to start any game with. That's part of the reason why I always choose them ^^
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri May 17, 2013 7:11 pm

If they had unarmed combat(hand to hand) would be cool if they had a disarm attack or something like the parry/riposte, but you stab them with their own weapon.

Also would be cool to have a druid/monk class that uses a staff as a weapon.

dual wield samarai sounds awesome.

Pikeman, would definitely be cool, but I hated the move set for the pike in DkS. (med armor long reach)

should have a version of the bandit that uses axes. (low armor high damage)

A starting class that uses the rapier(nobility/royalty maybe)

namanama1
    namanama1

Post by namanama1 Fri May 17, 2013 7:54 pm

DUH there's got to be a monk class. And also a set of monk armor that is very weak in defense and poise but further increases spells/attacks of the monk or something.
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Fri May 17, 2013 8:00 pm

classes I want

Druid with new spells......using vines and wildlife
    summons. New wisdom stat.

Monk with special skills for quaterstaffs and bare handed
    fighting. Maybe new stat..something like Ki.

Pyromancers shouuld no longer have the have the ability to do spells
    without appropriate stats. Inner flame or something... big grin
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 17, 2013 8:14 pm

I think it'll be same as ones on this game but additions:

Spear/(maybe)greatshield class (maybe instead of warrior)

New magic type mage

dual wielding class (maybe instead of thief)
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun May 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Demon...?
    Starting Weapons:
    -RH1: Dagger that inflicts some status effect, Baby's Nail, Bandit Knife, etc. 1.0 unit.
    -RH2: Izalith Talisman, utilizes powerful demon spells that scale with strength. 2.0 units.
    -LH1: Demon Buckler, a large shield that protects against 95% fire, 50% magic, 10% lightning, 80% physical. Has greatshield deflection. 5.0 units.
    -LH2: None.
    Starting Armor:
    -Chaos Sallet: a eerie black helm that resembles the power and chaos of demons. 4.0 units, Poise: 5
    -Demon Apostle Cloak: dark cloak almost shrouded in dark fog. 5.0 units. Poise: 5
    -Chaos Gauntlets: gauntlets forged of strange metal and hardened by chaos flames. 3.5 units. Poise: 10
    -Chaos Greaves: greaves forged of strange metal and hardened by chaos flames. 4.5 units. Poise: 10
    Starting Spells:
    -Demon Aura: increase poise by 20 points, multiply all damage by x1.XX based on strength, stamina regen halted by 25%, health decreases 10% of vitality stat per second.
    -Exhume Chaos: very large AoE, increases ALL player, NPC, enemy, and enviormental damage by x2, inputs require 50% more stamina. Does not stack with Demon Aura.
    Starting Miscalanneous:
    -Bond of Izalith, covenant ring binds you to the Lost citadel Izalith. The ring can only be removed when purged from a cleric. When equipped, increases fire defense by 25%, and increases fire damage by 10%. Also draws 20% of souls, and lowers all other defenses by 5%. Each time it is reequipped after purging, all debuffs increase by 5%. Stacks 5x. Having it in your inventory increases soul gain from demon enemies by 50%, but increases their strength by 25%.
    Starting Stats:
    SL 8
    VIT: 14
    ATT: 12
    END: 16
    STR: 16
    DEX: 10
    RES: 8
    INT: 9
    FTH: 9
    Equip load (with all starting gear) 25/56, fat roll.
    Starting HP: 659
    Starting STM: 102
    Super in-depth starting class, took at least 20 minutes to make...

Azamuth
    Azamuth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Azamuth Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Johnthethird wrote:I'd like a soldier with heavy armor, and a small shield and a pike.

If they do something like that I'd personally like to see the return of the Temple Knight
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Sun May 19, 2013 11:34 pm

I would like to see a class that starts with a crossbow as its weapon. An Arbalist, if you will.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am