World tendency

robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

World tendency

Post by robsthedon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Just coming to end of my 1st play thru, and thinking about world tendency. Is it best to achieve pbwt 1st ?

EXILED of ARIAMIS  Join UsBeckon
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: World tendency

Post by Reaperfan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:17 pm

It's best to get PWWT first. It's much, much, much easier to go from Pure White to Pure Black rather than the other way around.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Reaperfan wrote:It's best to get PWWT first. It's much, much, much easier to go from Pure White to Pure Black rather than the other way around.

And start ng+ with black?

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:06 pm

robsthedon wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:It's best to get PWWT first. It's much, much, much easier to go from Pure White to Pure Black rather than the other way around.

That's actually the best way to go about it (if you're playing offline at least). Since the only way to raise WT while offline is by killing bosses, having the most of them alive at the start of the game gives you the most chances to raise it back up from PBWT. Just make sure to always stay in Soul Form by killing yourself in the Nexus so you don't risk lowering it at all. If you're playing online, there's another, less interesting way to raise it, but it's kinda lame so I won't say anything about it unless you want me to :|

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    robsthedon wrote:

there's another, less interesting way to raise it, but it's kinda lame so I won't say anything about it unless you want me to :|

Yes please

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:50 pm

robsthedon wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:
    robsthedon wrote:

there's another, less interesting way to raise it, but it's kinda lame so I won't say anything about it unless you want me to :|

Yes please

Alright, but again, it's really lame :|

Basically, whenever you connect to the servers and load your character, it will move all of your world tendencies closer to whatever the online average is. The online average is the average world tendency of every player currently online. What this means is that, except in rare cases, loading your game enough times will set all of your world tendencies to White (one before Pure White) because most players who are focusing on their World Tendency for challenge runs (aka lowering the tendency deliberately) tend to do so offline. So if you really want to raise the tendency, just make sure you're online, load your game up until you've selected and loaded your character, then immediately quit the game. Repeat enough times and you're highly likely to get White WTs across the board.

GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:55 pm

There's actually a really easy way to go from Pure white to pure black whenever.
    Stone of ephemereal eyes can be farmed by the black phantom down in 4-2 by the pit Patches kicks you into. When going through that level, drop down into the pit and kill saint urbain before engaging* the black phantom. This will cause the BP to respawn every time you go to 4-2 and he'll always drop the eyes.
    * Or you can still save urbain and learn what miracles you need from the nexus. Although you still need to kill him in the nexus and the BP will still respawn.

Now after stocking up on eyes just go into whatever world you want and suicide in human form. The tendency will shift towards black. And then just kill any special black phantoms and it will heavily shift back towards white.

Instant WT change.
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:16 am

WOAH IS THAT FOR REAL? you can get unlimited Stone of ephemeral eyes?!?!?!?!??!?!
    How did i play this game to death and platinum it and NEVER KNOW THIS?!?
    I might add, on the WWT front, I just started playing, loaded it online one time, play offline, and now whenever I kill only one boss from any world, it is in pure white, that is how close they are normally to pure white. its super easy. otherwise, its not to hard to do it normally anyway, just make sure you always play in soul form. by the time you finish a world it will be pure white. save your ephemeral stones until then, then when you want pure black, suicide a bundle of times in each one, if you save all your stones from a playthrough, you should have enough.

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:18 am

tofucactaur wrote:WOAH IS THAT FOR REAL? you can get unlimited Stone of ephemeral eyes?!?!?!?!??!?!

Look up Stockpile Thomas duping glitch. We can't discuss glitches explicitly here, but unlimited items in Demon's Souls was never a problem winking

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:20 am

There was no need to dupe in Demon's, you could get through the game without farming/buying anything even one time. Just you and your weapon and some accrued grass from drops.

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Dibsville wrote:There was no need to dupe in Demon's, you could get through the game without farming/buying anything even one time. Just you and your weapon and some accrued grass from drops.

I never said it was necessary, just...available for all those interested in unlimited items. Mostly it's "necessary" (note the sarcasm quotes) for upgrade stones and boss souls for power leveling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:30 pm