Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

I attempt to explain the end of BioShock Infinite.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

I attempt to explain the end of BioShock Infinite. Empty I attempt to explain the end of BioShock Infinite.

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Well, here we go. I posted this in another thread, but still;

The ending of Bioshock Infinite took me ages to work out. But, I think it goes something like this;

The conclusion is that you are Comstock. And you know at the start of the game, where the man and woman ask if it's heads or tails? It will always land on heads.. Your destiny has been set. You have been sent to get Elizabeth a load of times, but you have failed each time. But, each one happens in a parallel world, where everything is the same. But, when you do succeed to get Elizabeth, the fact that she can create tears to go back in time, or to a time where something different would have happened if you made a different decision can make time paradoxes. A case of that is when apparently, Booker died getting equal black rights. But, since you went back in time, you are alive, and the leader of the Vox (I forget her name) thinks you are dead, and that you are an imposter of Booker, therefore making the Foundry and the Vox hate you.

The point I was getting at was, there was a set destiny, and you altered it so you didn't find out you were Comstock. You were just Booker, from that point of view.

For a little extra clarification, what Comstock did, is what you would have done, if it wasn't obvious, I made a pretty bad explanation.

Last edited by RenegadeCop on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I attempt to explain the end of BioShock Infinite. Empty Re: I attempt to explain the end of BioShock Infinite.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:24 pm

I don't think this is so much an interpretation as what actually happened. By the way, her name is Daisy Fitzroy.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

I attempt to explain the end of BioShock Infinite. Empty Re: I attempt to explain the end of BioShock Infinite.

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:26 pm

I was just explaining other parts. What happened inbetween, not the ending itself. I was just thinking it might make interpreting the ending slightly easier, but I see that backfired.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm