Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Tolvo
Epicfailville
TheMeInTeam
Nybbles
crbngville2
Dusk Soul
User1
grossemesser
reim0027
Myztyrio
LoreFF
Jansports
16 posters

Growing up in the Forest PvP

TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Growing up in the Forest PvP - Page 3 Empty Re: Growing up in the Forest PvP

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon May 13, 2013 12:48 pm

reim0027 wrote:I made it to 60 kills (20 of them last night). 40 more and I go up to SL 80 for my pyro build. That one is going to be tough, as I don't play pure pyro well.

Poise-tempest gankers with your back to a tree big grin.

Honestly though in most cases it comes down to the manual aim fireballs and how well your opponent handles great combustion. Surge is questionable but fun (good vs turtles only really), whip is BS fodder, the clouds take too long even at 45 dex, and while amusing I question using iron flesh in the forest as it's a smidge easy to get away from someone using it. To me that pretty much leaves you with combustion/GC, fireball variants, and tempest.

At least tempest can 1-shot people.

If you're willing to use a weapon and not "pure" pyro, switching to the pyro glove after showing a different weapon + spamming GC with poise on high dex will catch a lot of people off guard and kill them. It's cheap, but you don't seem to mind that based on the original post ^_^.

I suppose you could off-hand the glove and kick + GC people. I'm sure that would be popular.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon May 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Popularity doesn't matter in the forest. I'll do anything I can to win there. Manually aiming the GFB or CGFB will be tough for me, unless I throw it at my feet.

Last night, the forest was laggy. Soo many front stabs and teleport stabs, it wasn't funny. But, I got up to 90, so almost ready to graduate from SL 55.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Reim I'm disappointed in you, Forest Hunting without the proper Backstab abilities!

For shame mister!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon May 13, 2013 5:26 pm

I try. It is hard to deal with someone who is 3 steps in front of me, locked on, with their back toward me and suddenly, I'm BSed. Some times the BS was so far from me that their weapon didn't even touch me. But, I still took damage.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 13, 2013 5:27 pm

My offer still stands to help you practice, I can start off fat rolling then move up to medium, then fast, and eventually DWGR.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon May 13, 2013 5:28 pm

I can roll BS fine. I just have problems with a locked on BS, or even doing a counter BS. They are supposed to be easy, but not for me, I guess.

But, yeah, I'm down for some practice.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Just hit me up on PSN or skype when.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Don't forget that you can kick them. Especially for weapons that drain big stamina to block, kick or two kicks + follow up spam can really screw them. Fishers hate kicks...only problem is the gankers of course since "ain't nobody got time for that" in such a case.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Good idea on the kicks.

Welp, I've got my 100 kills on SL 55 (and logged every SL). I'm off to SL 80! Wish me luck. I may run into crb now. twisted
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Good luck, can we see the SL 80 build please?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Mon May 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Master Pyromancer------------------------>

The pyromancies that most people don't use can actually be useful if used the right way. Fire Whip is the ultimate thing for small areas or when cornered, and when people go to BS you they often times step on the flame as they pass and get hurt. Poison mist should always be used from far distance, as they will slaughter your face if you cast it right in front of them. The best thing you can do with it is cast it so that they are teetering right outside of it's radius, and start lobbing spells, fireballs, or arrows through it, as they won't see what you are doing(they can still hear what you are doing, so heads up. Also, they could very easily shoot you with spells through it as well). Or heal, if you deem it necessary. There is a great video of this tactic used by DarkSoulsMindEye which he called "Hidden Mist Style" on youtube. With 45 Dex Great Combustion and black flame can stunlock. Fireballs are good for getting some breathing room or throwing it at gankers, as when you throw it into a group odds are not everyone is going to dodge it. Fire Surge is also good for getting breathing room, and if you can hit them with it, it is a great way to deal buttloads of damage over time. Iron Flesh is another thing that you just want to use if you want to tank something or get breathing room(They may just decide to BS you to death though). Fire Tempest? Basically the "Kill everything" spell. Very, very easy to one hit groups with Bellowing Dragon Crest ring. That spell has ended gank attempts on me more times than I can count. Great to use it in small areas. And Power Within you should use if you want to simply run up and spam them with Great Combustion.

That is all happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 am

Thanks, Archmage. Here's my build: http://mmdks.com/2bi9

A little light on the vitality, but I can't have everything. I wanted to do dex before spell/miracle/pyro casting. I don't have 45 dex, so I won't be stunlocking with GC, I guess.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue May 14, 2013 11:12 am

reim0027 wrote:Thanks, Archmage. Here's my build: http://mmdks.com/2bi9

A little light on the vitality, but I can't have everything. I wanted to do dex before spell/miracle/pyro casting. I don't have 45 dex, so I won't be stunlocking with GC, I guess.
    Psh, save high vitality for later. Low vitality keeps you on your toes. Are you going to be combining both spells and pyromancy on your level 80, because if not I'd suggest using a gold tracer in your offhand. That little dagger can cause some big annoyances. Plus, helps you kill the occasional hacker.

P.S. Use the Bloodshield! That thing is amazing. Bleed resist is off the charts.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue May 14, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm going pyro (+/- Kellog's). No spells or miracles. I'm also trying to not repeat weapons. My dex build used the Tracers, my elemental build used rapier and shotel. So, those weapons are out.

And, I've made an executive decision. My strength build is going to use the Mura. I've always considered it both a dex weapon and a strength weapon (weight, 28 Str requirement, and swing speed). And, since I designed this challenge, I can do whatever the hell I want. twisted
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue May 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Ah, the Mura. One of the prettier weapons in Dark Souls, in my opinion. And one of the more versatile one. Makes cosplaying as Shiva nearly worth his horrible armour.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 15, 2013 12:30 am

Oh man. Pyro sucks. Or, I suck at it. One of the two. This is going to take me a long time to do.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 15, 2013 9:30 am

Managed to get 7 kills last night. I may start using PW to increase my power exponentially. Maybe setting up traps for Fire Tempest, or Chaos Fire Tempest.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed May 15, 2013 9:33 am

So when are you going to join me for BS practice? silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 15, 2013 10:24 pm

I'll be on in about 40 minutes or so.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Wed May 15, 2013 11:07 pm

If you are BS training with Tolvo, remember this. If you have Black Flame, use that a few times and it will destroy their shield and they will be stunned. While they are stunned, back-stab them, and if you time it right you can Black-Flame or Great Combust over their body so that they will stand up inside of the flame and be immediately hit. Cheap, but it's the forest, so who cares. Also, Fire surge is a way to break down a persons shield, but usually people move out of the way far enough that their stamina won't be broken, or they'll decide to tank it once they realize what you are doing and start spamming you in the face with their weapon while you are doing the Fire Surge.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Good idea. I'll have to give that a try. I'm also thinking of RTSR, Iron Flesh, Chaos Storm.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Wed May 15, 2013 11:13 pm

reim0027 wrote:Good idea. I'll have to give that a try. I'm also thinking of RTSR, Iron Flesh, Chaos Storm.
    Growing up in the Forest PvP - Page 3 Thats-the-evilest-thing-i-can-imagine-meme-template
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Tolvo - I'm online now.

Archmage - sounds about perfect for the forest.

And, did you test the BF into Combustion stunlock?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Wed May 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Sadly no. Been busy writing stories all day. Going to get on in a bit and do it. Feel kind of sorry for the people that will be my testing dummies since my usual friends that I test on are gone today.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 am

Well, going to call it a night. I'm up to 25 kills. I've found Chaos pyros to be very helpful. People forget the lava is there and can take a lot of extra damage. Maybe they don't see it? (I do on my screen).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm