Growing up in the Forest PvP

reim0027

Re: Growing up in the Forest PvP

Post by reim0027 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Low level invasions are so much fun. You'll love it.

So, I invaded this ganker and his bud (SL 50) with my SL 10. I see him with his bud hanging out, ready to jump invaders. So, I just walk around, trying to lure them back to the trees. I get a message "run little piggy". I keep walking around (waiting for another catbro to spawn). I replied to his message "will you be my friend?" He didn't reply again, oddly enough. Finally, his phantom came after me (separating himself from the host). I parry him (HR style) wiht my Chaos Rapier. A catbro spawns. I chase after the hosts and setup parry him to the ground, leaving only 20 or so health. He runs, and I finish him off with 1 poke.

Nothing like the HR riposte animation on gankers. Feels like crack.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Sounds like a great time you're having reim. silly
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Reim, what is the new SL you are going to invade at? 50?
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Finished my SL 10. 100 host kills. Here's my build: http://mmdks.com/20aa

My SL range was 1 - 710. 30% of them were 40-50. I got hosts from every "10's" from 1 - 100 (so 10's, 20's, 30's etc). I have all 100 of the SL numbers saved. I actually killed more than 100 (approx 110), but I lost some of the data and I wanted 100 numbers for analysis. I'll post the results a little later. It might be helpful deciding the best level to invade.

My next SL is 55. It is a dex build (so I can pump dex for faster spell casting later on). I'll go to pyro (minimal stat requirement and I can sstart putting stats elsewhere, like intelligence and attunement). Then, Intelligence. Strength (I can buff now). Faith. Hybrid. That's my progression.

And, it is a lot of fun. Planning the build's progression with those restrictions is really interesting and forces you to think, understand stats, plan ahead, and sacrifice.

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 am

grossemesser wrote:I was toying with the idea of doing a sl 1 playthrough but this sounds more interesting and I do so love the Forest. I'm going for it. Probably start tonight.

I wonder if the there is something about the Forest that appeals to more mature players. It is absolutely my favorite setting in the game as well.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 am

Got my 20th kill with my 55. 80 more to go. I'm using a Tracer build. It will prepare me for the Darkstalker even coming up in a few days. So far, my invasion SL has been, on average, 40-60.

grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:39 pm

crbngville2 wrote:
    grossemesser wrote:I was toying with the idea of doing a sl 1 playthrough but this sounds more interesting and I do so love the Forest. I'm going for it. Probably start tonight.

I wonder if the there is something about the Forest that appeals to more mature players. It is absolutely my favorite setting in the game as well.

The appeal for me has always been the tooth and nail infighting type atmosphere. I am finding that at sl 10 I've got to think on my toes a lot more. Anyone of you that sees me out there beat the flinching out of my I promise I won't care.

Currently at 20 kills if you count the inordinate amount of suicides I've been running into.
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Hey Grossemesser,

I always host the forest. I join the catbros with each new toon I make, and immediately kill Shiva and his lackey for the DWGR (lol). The all out warfare is what I like about the Forest as well. That and the gobs of souls you get from playing there.

grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Speaking of gobs of souls.....103,000 dropped in my lap last night. I invaded and just as I spawned I got Target Destroyed and Bingo! I have mixed feelings because my self established rule for leveling to sl55 was I needed 45 legitimate kills but I'm sure that is more than enough to launch me up to the double nickle.

Last edited by grossemesser on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Hopefully this flickering glitch will be fixed. The forest has to be insane with the invisible magic.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:39 pm

I never get flickering on Xbox. Is it a PS3 thing?
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Yeah. It has something to do with the resonance rings and possibly with PS3 updates.

crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:22 pm

grossemesser wrote:Speaking of gobs of souls.....103,000 dropped in my lap last night. I invaded and just as I spawned I got Target Destroyed and Bingo! I have mixed feelings because my self established rule for leveling to sl55 was I needed 45 legitimate kills but I'm sure that is more than enough to launch me up to the double nickle.

So hard not to level! Arrrrgh, bonfire right there, Arrrrrrrgh. lol

@Reim
    The resonance rings are everywhere. I didn't notice any problems in the Forest on Friday, but I was only there for about an hour. Hope you had fun at Billy's event. We had a big turnout in PW Friday night. Hope to see you this week.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 pm

so i joined the dark side and started invading the forest as a dark wraith, i've been enjoying it far more than being a forest hunter … so if you see a red phantom charging in with reckless abandon, please don't attack me, i'm on your side! let's make it a 3 on 2!

grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:05 pm

The flickering is pretty bad. That and my poison mist was almost totally invisible. On the up side I just lured 2 guys over the cliff when I made the jump to the other side of the river. Glad I managed those 2 kills cause I probably won't be on later.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Bump. I took a hiatus from this because of the flickering and the soul level calculator went down. I'm making a table of the SL of the hosts I beat at each level.

Now, the calculator is back up. I can kinda deal with the invisible magic. I can get back to growing up.

grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser on Wed May 08, 2013 12:15 pm

I have almost finished morphing my sl10 pyro into an sl55 elemental. I took a break from the Forest and concentrated on pve while the flickering is being hopefully fixed. I tuffed it out for a while though.
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Wed May 08, 2013 12:21 pm

I like this idea. I think I'll begin as a poise tank and use a reinforced club, and work strength up first. IE Pyro ---> Elemental ---> STR ---> Mage ---> Miracles ---> Dex ---> Hybrid ---> Everything

I might mix and match elemental and pyros, since both are quite attainable and viable from 10-55.

What's the fastest/easiest way to get a full elemental weapon, and what's the least investment required to hit the higher poise break points with good armor?

Lightning uses regular titanite chunks right? Those are easy enough to get in New Londo with some humanity and gold serpent. Maybe I'll just upgrade the spear in sen's to +4 (+5 if I get a slab off darkwraiths).

It would also be relatively easy to reach raw +5 and buff, tradeoff being that you could do this with several weapons quickly and easily and they'll hit pretty freaking hard at lvl 10 that way.

Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul on Wed May 08, 2013 12:58 pm

I think the easiest elemental weapon path is fire +5, you can reach Vamos pretty quicklly after the Asylum, kill Pinwheel for some easy souls and if you get the Master key you can reach blighttown swamp to famr green shards from the leeches.
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Wed May 08, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm thinking of a build something like this for SL 10:

SL 10 Warrior

Vit: 12
    Att: 10
    End: -
    Str: 16
    Dex: -
    Res: -
    Int: -
    Fai: -

R1: Lightning Halberd (Might just be lazy and use the spear from Sen's)
    R2: Pyromancy Flame
    L1: Grass Crest Shield
    L2: Fire Composite Bow

Armor:
    Mask of the Child (or Mother)
    Knight Armor
    Havel's Gauntlets
    Havel's Leggings

Rings:
    Havel's Ring
    Ring of Favor and Protection

Spells:
    Power Within

Nice and obnoxious for lvl 10, should fit right in with the forest <3.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Wed May 08, 2013 10:45 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:I'm thinking of a build something like this for SL 10:

SL 10 Warrior

Vit: 12
    Att: 10
    End: -
    Str: 16
    Dex: -
    Res: -
    Int: -
    Fai: -

R1: Lightning Halberd (Might just be lazy and use the spear from Sen's)
    R2: Pyromancy Flame
    L1: Grass Crest Shield
    L2: Fire Composite Bow

Armor:
    Mask of the Child (or Mother)
    Knight Armor
    Havel's Gauntlets
    Havel's Leggings

Rings:
    Havel's Ring
    Ring of Favor and Protection

Spells:
    Power Within

Nice and obnoxious for lvl 10, should fit right in with the forest <3.
    you should go to mugenmonkey.com and put your build in there. Then, create a link to that build. Then, we can see more details about it.

TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Thu May 09, 2013 10:49 am

you should go to mugenmonkey.com and put your build in there. Then, create a link to that build. Then, we can see more details about it.

I did that, but copied the wrong thing and lost the link sad.

It's basically a mid roll build with lightning halberd, 1 attunement slot for power within, and 76 poise at level 10. I might swap in something else for the bow, but I like to have something with enough range to hit people who try to run and flask and have a good shot at killing them. Maybe I'll just toss an elemental xbow on there instead since I don't have to swap that to 2h before firing it off.

I jumped the gun a bit yesterday and went into the forest with raw halberd (not even +5, just raw), elight knight armor, and the wolf ring (can poise tank anything but 2h UGS tier at least once). I died twice to gankers and then killed someone 1v1 and got 709 souls and a rubbish.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun May 12, 2013 1:57 am

I should be half way through my SL 55 tonight, maybe further.

Running into some laggy hosts tonight. :evil:

Epicfailville

Post by Epicfailville on Sun May 12, 2013 10:59 pm

This sounds like fun. I might try this out since I love forest PvP. Leading gankers on a merry chase through the forest and slowly killing them one by one is so exhilarating. Of course, I should probably hold off on making another character yet again until I actually beat the game Look Skyward
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun May 12, 2013 11:02 pm

I made it to 60 kills (20 of them last night). 40 more and I go up to SL 80 for my pyro build. That one is going to be tough, as I don't play pure pyro well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:21 pm