Pyromancy buff?

    Share
    avatar
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03

    Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Thedeadships on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 pm

    Soo reading some of the forums of late, I'm a bit surprised to see how many people are calling out for a buff on pyromancy. My question to those who want it is, why?
    Now first off all of my characters, but 1 are str or dex builds, but I do have one Sl 120 pyro and I feel he can deal out some good damage with the right spell rotation.
    The only thing I can think off is it would be nice if the fireballs animation was similar to the soul arrows instead of a stupid lob. So just out of curiosity, what would you like to see changed?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 pm

    I don't really get it either, but people seem to want it.

    It's not that big a deal for me.

    avatar
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 484
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-02-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by morte on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:53 pm

    Perhaps they would scale with attunement or something like that, and it would act independent of normal slots, which sould instead scale with int for spell slots, faith for miracle slots, and attunement for pyromancy slots.

    I think it is because it can be so overpowering at lower levels, that some players want to stop griefing and thus make pyromancies scale, which is what I am assuming you mean by buff, with a stat so that it is more ballanced overall.


    _________________


    GFWL ID: SnowPillar
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Myztyrio on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 pm

    Pyros are OP. So little cost, so easily enhance-able, very useable in both PvE and PvP.


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 pm

    Oh, I thought he meant a buff like SLB, CMW, DMB, etc... but for Pyro.

    avatar
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Thedeadships on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:00 pm

    I don't exactly know what I mean by buff really, lol, it's just a word I've seen tossed around when asking for a 'pyromancy "buff"'. It's whatever they mean. Morte makes a valid point. I personally don't really think it needs a buff, other than maybe a similar distance to soul arrows, the lob can be a bit frustrating at times, but that's all I have a against it
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Myztyrio on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 pm

    Thedeadships wrote:I don't exactly know what I mean by buff really, lol, it's just a word I've seen tossed around when asking for a 'pyromancy "buff"'. It's whatever they mean. Morte makes a valid point. I personally don't really think it needs a buff, other than maybe a similar distance to soul arrows, the lob can be a bit frustrating at times, but that's all I have a against it



    Face my pyro/dex, you'll change your mind about pyromancies needing a "buff."


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 pm

    I wouldn't mind a pyromancy buff if it basically did the same damage as the resin, or whatever is in Dark Souls 2. That way you wouldn't have to spend money of the buffs but it wouldn't give every single player a powerful buff that could match SLB or DMB (Whatever will be in Dark Souls 2 ) without any stat investment aside from attunement.
    avatar
    JamieJae
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 173
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-04-05
    Location : Skype usually :p

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by JamieJae on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 pm

    Honestly I always considered power within to be the pyromancy buff if we refer to weapon buffs. If you mean a more damaging pyro flame then no way, when GC can do 300-500 damage a hit with 8 casts (?) I find it already enough. And since it is only based off of the souls put into it and nothing to do with stat investment it seems fair to keep it not as powerful as scalable sorceries


    _________________

                                              
    avatar
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Thedeadships on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 pm

    Myztyrio, I'm sure it's a good toon, but that's my point it doesn't need a buff
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 pm

    I don't see why a fireball that you lob should travel the same distance as a magical beam that you project from a staff.

    avatar
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-04-03

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Thedeadships on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:19 pm

    I'm probably just over thinking it, I'd just like a pyromancer to throw a fireball farther or at least as far as an 8yr old can throw a baseball...

    I'll just stick to my Melee builds
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Dibsville on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:24 pm

    I have a Pyro build that uses Fire Surge to lure people into a corner, then uses Chaos Fire Whip so they can't escape.
    800 damage, if the have no poise the lava will stunlock them and the second part of the whip will hit, normally resulting in a OHKO.
    Buffs for Pyromancies are already included, but only for spell damage, although that goes for all magics. Either way, I would LOVE to see a Pyromancy that puts Fire on your weapon, say an attuneable Charcoal Pine Resin.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Slarg232 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:30 pm

    Everyone who wants a "Pyro Buff" wants a "Pyro Weapon Buff" silly

    Probably a Poison or a Fire one, honestly.


    _________________


    avatar
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 454
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Iacon Vaults, Trying to delay the inevitable.

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Zeta Prime on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:10 am


    Everyone in the entire world wants to be able to do this.


    _________________
    Zeta's Choice Quote: November:

    "We are not required to save the world. We are required to stand up as truly as we can for what we love."
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by RANT on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18 am

    I would love a WEAPON buff, but it shouldn't be more powerful than great magic weapon and even then im not sure about it since pyro has no cons, the only thing that makes PW balanced is that it drains your vit and the last patch is how PW should've always been. on the other hand a pyro flame buff would be so stupid, that thing is so ridiculously unbalanced its not even funny, all you need is att slots, mayb if they came up with another attribute that could make it scale with pyro then i'd be ok with it, maybe.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Myztyrio on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:26 am

    Poliwrath wrote:
    Everyone in the entire world wants to be able to do this.



    Mm, suggestive.


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:35 am

    RantFromRant wrote:I would love a WEAPON buff, but it shouldn't be more powerful than great magic weapon and even then im not sure about it since pyro has no cons, the only thing that makes PW balanced is that it drains your vit and the last patch is how PW should've always been. on the other hand a pyro flame buff would be so stupid, that thing is so ridiculously unbalanced its not even funny, all you need is att slots, mayb if they came up with another attribute that could make it scale with pyro then i'd be ok with it, maybe.
    I just want a buff with Fire on it, I think it should be stronger than GMW, but weaker than SLB.
    DMB > CMW > SLB > [Pyro Buff] > GMW > MW
    Thus, we can have a strong magic, a strong lightning, and a strong pyro, and then DMB for OPness.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 78
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-03-26

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by O1va_ on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:00 am

    Pyromancy has a buff, power within. Anything else is just ridiculous. You get almost 200 AR with GMW, and that doesn't require much stat investment. You want flames on your weapon? Charcoal resin it is.
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Slarg232 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:49 am

    O1va_ wrote:Pyromancy has a buff, power within. Anything else is just ridiculous. You get almost 200 AR with GMW, and that doesn't require much stat investment. You want flames on your weapon? Charcoal resin it is.
    Power Within isn't really "our" buff when it comes to Pyromancy; It's much better on a Sorcery/Faith build so it can be used along with CMW and DMB, ALONG with the fact that you can use it with Crystal Soul Spear or similar to boost it's damage up to the obscene.

    Even if PyroBuff was only worth 150 damage max level, it would still help.


    _________________


    avatar
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 78
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-03-26

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by O1va_ on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:59 am

    Slarg232 wrote:
    O1va_ wrote:Pyromancy has a buff, power within. Anything else is just ridiculous. You get almost 200 AR with GMW, and that doesn't require much stat investment. You want flames on your weapon? Charcoal resin it is.
    Power Within isn't really "our" buff when it comes to Pyromancy; It's much better on a Sorcery/Faith build so it can be used along with CMW and DMB, ALONG with the fact that you can use it with Crystal Soul Spear or similar to boost it's damage up to the obscene.

    Even if PyroBuff was only worth 150 damage max level, it would still help.

    Power within + pine resin = 168 AR, not what you asked for but still. IMO +40% AR (or damage, I don't remember) and healthdrain is alot more useful (and more fair considering the stat investment needed) than 150AR buff, in PvP thats useless and in PvE you can make minor investment in INT and get a stronger buff.

    And power within still has its drawback when used with faith and int so I think its still balanced, you'll do a ton of damage but it doesn't come free.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pyromancy buff?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:34 pm