O&S ng+ story (sorry in advance for the essay)

Griever
    Regular
    Regular

O&S ng+ story (sorry in advance for the essay)

Post by Griever on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Just reached O&S on my second playthrough ng+ and I have to admit its pretty tough. Even more so as I need to kill smough first so I can get the dragonslayer spear.

I summoned solair and managed to summon a player as well so I thought game on. I didn't message the player before to let him know i needed to kill smough first so he preceded to concentrate on ornstein first lol. Which kept him off my back but I was praying he didn't kill him. But I managed to kill smough first and then comes along super ornstein. I was pretty impressed I had never seen this guy before. And when he impaled me, picked me up 100ft in the air and then blasted me I had to say "wow".

We then whittled him down but both my summons died so it was just me. I managed to get him down to extremely low health, probably only needed 2 or 3 more hits but I was low on health as well. So I rolled backwards thought I was clear and tried to heal myself, then realised I was out of estus lol. So i quickly switched to humanity but ornstein caught me with his long reach and I'm dead.

So all in all epic fail lol, just thought I would share that story with you all as I have now turned my xbox off.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: O&S ng+ story (sorry in advance for the essay)

Post by callipygias on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:29 pm

You're a better man than I am. Super Ornstein was an absolute ***** of nasty for me. I don't think I got his armor till NG+5 or 6. I kept giving up and killing him first because super Smough is so much easier.
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:32 pm

callipygias wrote:You're a better man than I am. Super Ornstein was an absolute ***** of nasty for me. I don't think I got his armor till NG+5 or 6. I kept giving up and killing him first because super Smough is so much easier.

Heh you may not be saying that if I give up. I'm going to give it a few more goes yet but we shall see happy
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm

I have to say that I am dreading this encounter in newgame+. Like you I need to kill Smough first and I think he's more difficult because Ornstein has a habit of hiding behind him, so you find yourself lashing out at Ornstein in self defence and killing him first.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 pm

This fight is WAY easier w/ a mage... in fact, almost all of the bosses are way easier w/ a caster...

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 pm

I had a ton of issues with this battle too until I learned the glory of buffed weapons and green moss. I killed smough so quickly that solaire and my phantom were both in great shape for the three on one. Solaire was kind of a spaz but the phantom and I would take turns baiting ornstein while the other attacked

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:38 am

aceluby wrote:This fight is WAY easier w/ a mage... in fact, almost all of the bosses are way easier w/ a caster...
    My SL 60 mage can 2 shot regular Ornstein in NG.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    GamerGirl-619
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GamerGirl-619 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 am

this is one of my favorite fights! it's so awesome IMO that I started just leaving my soul sign to help other people with it. I like when smough becomes big that cutscene he swings his big hammer so cool. I'm barely on my first playthrough and I remember killing Ornstein first and so I got Smough Armor from the 'Ay Shimae' dude (I think I might of misspelled) but anyway, that armour is heavy but it's one of my favorites along with the Stone Armor because they seem to protect me alot from hits. Normally if I get summoned I see who the player I'm helping starts attacking and then I go entertain the other one to get him off his back while he kills the one he wants dead first, normally I just run around and throw grenades and a slash here and there just so that the enemy focuses on me, then one dies and I go and help combat.
    Or you could always (I have PS3) go to the 'Players Met' menu and then send your helper a message to who you want dead first so the person knows.
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:23 am

The fight is easier if you use magic? I have all sorceries but can't use the really powerful ones because my intel isn't high enough yet. I've not bothered with magic much because it seems so slow and I usually get hammered before the spell is cast, so which is best to use? Maybe I'll try pyro, as my pyro glove is +15 and Orny doesn't like fire.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:The fight is easier if you use magic? I have all sorceries but can't use the really powerful ones because my intel isn't high enough yet. I've not bothered with magic much because it seems so slow and I usually get hammered before the spell is cast, so which is best to use? Maybe I'll try pyro, as my pyro glove is +15 and Orny doesn't like fire.

Soul spear and homing soul arrow. When you run out switch to fireballs.

You should be able to kill one completely w/ just the soul spears and kill the other w/ the homing soul arrows.

You get both of those spells from Big Hat Logan after rescuing him in Sens. Also, I'd recommend upgrading your pyro hand in blightown w/ Quelana to +5 for even better pyro damage.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Magic? D'oh!! I've always nipped their ankles with them breathing down my neck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:00 pm