Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Reaperfan
callipygias
6 posters

Most Damaging Weapon vs. Gwyn

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Most Damaging Weapon vs. Gwyn Empty Most Damaging Weapon vs. Gwyn

Post by callipygias Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Specifically for riposte, and please mention if it is dependent on a certain build or occult, divine, chaos, etc...

Once I discovered the INSANE damage of that ridiculous dragon's tooth buffed with Sunlight Blade* I tried it on Gwyn. I was disappointed to see it didn't do more damage than any other maxed out weapon with the same buff. I've been experimenting (with my level 327 char.) but there are so very many possible combinations, and I like killing Gwyn far too much to let myself die to him over and over.

* I discovered how powerful it was by being backstabbed in the forest. I didn't even know what Sunlight Blade was at the time, I was like, "Ooh, look at that man's shiny club." Next thing I know I'm BS'd. It took almost half my health, so I thought, "That could've been worse," then the shiny club drew back and it dawned on me that it was just the warm-up swing that took half my health. Needless to say he one-shot me. Almost half-shot me.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Most Damaging Weapon vs. Gwyn Empty Re: Most Damaging Weapon vs. Gwyn

Post by Reaperfan Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:02 pm

I can't narrow down a specific weapon, but I can say if it's specifically riposte damage you're looking to get out of it, then you need to look at the Critical Damage value of a weapon. I believe the Bandit's Knife and the Rapier have the highest values, but I've never made a critical reliant build so I've not looked into it too much. As to what kind of weapon, I heard that occult weapons deal increased damage to Gwyn since he is a "living" enemy, but again, I can't be too sure since I haven't tested it thoroughly myself.

This all being said, if this is all true, a +5 Occult Rapier would probably be the most damage riposting weapon against Gwyn.

EDIT: Also, you can enchant the Dragon's Tooth? Dammit now I have ANOTHER build I need to make...

Last edited by Reaperfan on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sen545331
    sen545331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sen545331 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm

with a non-scaling lightning bandit's knife and hornet's ring, i think i was able to riposte gwyn for about 1k-1.1k iirc

i could be wrong, i generally co-op on him with a mage character
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Reaperfan wrote:EDIT: Also, you can enchant the Dragon's Tooth? Dammit now I have ANOTHER build I need to make...
    The damage it does to most characters is unreal.

Also, thanks for the occult tip. I've used +10 divine, +5 chaos, and +15 (buffed with sunlight blade) estocs against him, maxing out (with hornet) at 1491hp per hit at NG+infinity, but I haven't used a rapier, and I haven't done occult at all yet.
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:19 pm

I think that was the first footnote I've ever seen on a forum! Impressive sir
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Sorry that was off topic, but I would have to agree with the occult rapier with hornet ring idea. That seems like it would do the most. Also would try +5 occult bandits knife.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Damn, I just realized I'll have to go back down for the annex key. I hate those wheel skeletons.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Around SL 90 on my first play through with the GSoA, I was doing 1000+ damage with the hornet ring on Gwyn. I only need to parry him 3 times to take him down.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Does fists count? silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_94sr_R_QhE
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:34 pm

So on this last playthrough I bought a couple rapiers and made a +15 and a +5 occult, I made a +5 occult estoc, a +5 occult bandit's knife, a +5 occult balder ss, a +4 occult Ricard's rapier (ran out of white slabs), a +5 crystal Ricard's rapier, and I tested all but the +5 occult estoc, which I somehow forgot about. The most damaging against Gwyn was:
    Reaperfan wrote:if this is all true, a +5 Occult Rapier would probably be the most damage riposting weapon against Gwyn.

Good call, Reap. The occult rapier did 1704 damage with the hornet ring, the next closest was the +15 rapier with a Sunlight Blade buff at 1624.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 am