Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+72
Longshot
morte
Frank_White
densetsushun
zelda75
vegan666
WyrmHero
Jansports
Dibsville
PhlyingDutchman
hey its andres
Slarg232
Seignar
KrazykevS10
sinspaw
Mourning Sun
FinPeku
sfcc
bosslugger
Wisp
crbngville2
Argetlam350
Rynn
Thedeadships
XuitusTheGreat
passivefamiliar
ak1287
TeeNyan
Emergence
Thymos
Uparkaam
MistahrFox
Phoenix Rising
SATLOS
Rayko
galson
JamieJae
Dubscythe
ninjashifty
Anonymous Proxy
NDenizen
ResIsBestStat
GenericUsername
vixder/pennywise
Soris Ice Goldwing
exod FEAR
Kiva the wanderer
BeeSeaEss
Dogwelder
ThatPerson
HazelrahFiver
carlucio
Tolvo
FruitPunchNinja
ChizFreak
Flankydizzle
Infighter
FungalPsychosis
skarekrow13
Ashran
DemonOfFate
Juutas
EverlastingRat
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DE5PA1R
Myztyrio
ublug
Johnthethird
Djem
Sargerus
User1
Dessembrae
76 posters

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 9 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm sold
    sfcc
    sfcc
    Addicted
    Addicted

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 9 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by sfcc Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:56 pm

no the slots are the items he has equipped so you can see where the item is, you can see he has 2 item equipped
    sfcc
    sfcc
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sfcc Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    bosslugger wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I think who was dying purposely died to the chariot rider. If you look left you can see a window to dodge left. I wonder about the HUD though. What is the crescent moon for?

Covenant?
    An interesting idea but I am not sure. Would be nice to have proper covenant crest. Looking closely it reminds me of something but I don't know what. A large moon something in the middle, dark remind me of a solar eclipse, and a smaller moon. Why do I feel like I should what it is?
    maybe its day and night or like demon souls
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:00 pm

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18k86z59kmb39gif/ku-xlarge.gif silly
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    bosslugger wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I think who was dying purposely died to the chariot rider. If you look left you can see a window to dodge left. I wonder about the HUD though. What is the crescent moon for?

Covenant?
    An interesting idea but I am not sure. Would be nice to have proper covenant crest. Looking closely it reminds me of something but I don't know what. A large moon something in the middle, dark remind me of a solar eclipse, and a smaller moon. Why do I feel like I should what it is?

Darkmoon or forest something or other maybe
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:09 pm

What I found intresting was when he said that enemys can break through walls. Maybe he was just talking about scripted events like the troll in the video. But maybe there won´t be illusionary walls in DK2, but destructable walls. Also the turtle enemy was destroying that pillar. I guess they will base a lot of secrets and shortcuts around this, but I would love an enemy like the Mech-boar that just follows you through a whole level, just tearing down the enviorment while chasing you.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:13 pm

The symbol stayed the same throughout the demo even in the sun so the part of the HUD is not a night/day timer. Nor a compass. May have something to do with a covenant or the relationship with sun and moon.
    Mourning Sun
    Mourning Sun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mourning Sun Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:14 pm

vixder/pennywise wrote:What I found intresting was when he said that enemys can break through walls. Maybe he was just talking about scripted events like the troll in the video. But maybe there won´t be illusionary walls in DK2, but destructable walls. Also the turtle enemy was destroying that pillar. I guess they will base a lot of secrets and shortcuts around this, but I would love an enemy like the Mech-boar that just follows you through a whole level, just tearing down the enviorment while chasing you.

I hope so too, secret walls that actually break instead of magically disappearing would be a welcome change.
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 pm

At first it was calming, because it looked like the Souls's series was being played. It does feel that way. There is a good degree of fidelity there to what has been done and loved.

But... as some others have mentioned, I also feel that the environment is slightly off. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it per se, it's just that it doesn't feel like the fantasy environment is quite the same. It's very "deserty" and with some sort of oriental feeling if you will. The songs on both the trailers are also somewhat on that same level, in my opinion anyway. Again none of this is necessary bad, just feels different. Which I guess, since we know that the Directors have changed makes sense.

I really liked that the combat seems improved, especially enemy impact and dual wielding features. Still, much too early to make judgements on that and given what was shown.

Most worrying thing though... We have only seen one character so far. First trailer is the same guy, this gameplay has the same guy, and the new trailer again, only has this guy. What I mean is, we haven't seen any sort of imagery that conveys the idea that we can be someone else. It really worries me. I hope we are not forced to play a main single character, and that we can make our own. Seemingly, we haven't seen in any of the trailers or this gameplay video any spells being cast... again, worrying.

It's early to be sure of what's going to happen to character customization, and damn it I hope I am very wrong about this. But the evidence so far points towards a lack of customization...

Here's hoping to more information being given soon.
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:The symbol stayed the same throughout the demo even in the sun so the part of the HUD is not a night/day timer. Nor a compass. May have something to do with a covenant or the relationship with sun and moon.

Yes, but now I'm wondering about Humanity, because that concept has been in Demon's and Dark Souls. Since this is Dark Souls II, I would expect it to be there somewhere, but this crescent moon symbol does not indicate that.

I still believe it's related to covenant, but I want to know how Humanity is being treated now...
    sfcc
    sfcc
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sfcc Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Humanity is most likely next to the soul count
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:31 pm

The movement and combat animations appear to be more fluid and I think I saw some slight ragdolling during falls.I hope they pretty much chuck everything we knew out the window,it would keep things interesting.I laughed when the guy took a flying axe to the head,the "troll" needed a proper troll face.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Things I can see:

-Walking speed was nerfed
    - Darkness is more prominent. Like Demon Souls, this means enemies can hide in the dark. A tactic that was not present in Dark Souls (Enemies hid behind corners).
    - There is more interaction with the environment.
    - You can move while preparing your bow and shooting!
    - Movesets have been significantly changed in appearance
    - Sound and visuals have been improved (Did you notice that lighting a bonfire now illuminates the room?)
    - There are more methods to combat and some skill-oriented (Deflection)
    -There is actually a dual-wielding attack present!
    - Enemies will have answers to flanking techniques

Things I speculate:

-Levels aren't as linear (You can see many branching paths; or what appear to be paths)
    -Damage will no longer show up on hit
    - There is a longer time period to realize that you're in a trap, but traps seem more lethal
    - Optional areas seem more hazardous
    - It appears mob damage has been nerfed a bit (Could just be an overpowered character), but mobs seem to have better attacks for other purposes (Chasing, combos, shield breaking)
    - The game will feature many varied situations in more ways than just mobs (As was hinted with provoking an enemy, causing it to break open a wall that might lead elsewhere)

Another thing: I think great weapons now have charged attacks (In the demo, you can see the character would stop slightly before each swing with the greatsword instead of just fluidly slashing like he does with smaller weapons)
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Seignar wrote:Things I can see:

Another thing: I think great weapons now have charged attacks (In the demo, you can see the character would stop slightly before each swing with the greatsword instead of just fluidly slashing like he does with smaller weapons)

The director worked in monster hunter, that would explain if charged atacks are a thing now
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Just saw the premiere. I want this game so badly...

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 pm

MistahrFox wrote:

The director worked in monster hunter, that would explain if charged atacks are a thing now

That's actually false, it was someone else with the same exact name. He never worked at Capcom or on a Monster Hunter game.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:46 pm

IGN is speculating that the flying dragon castle is the Painted World in better times.
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    MistahrFox wrote:

That's actually false, it was someone else with the same exact name. He never worked at Capcom or on a Monster Hunter game.

So...there are 2 Tomohiro Shibuyas? well thats a shame if its true, since the very same one that worked on the 2 monster hunter titles also worked on Arc the Lad, that I really liked.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:52 pm

I do wonder about that Wyvern Bridge (lol, see the concept?) and I think what the player had to do was sprint and smack the Wyvern to make it panic and leave. I'm going to guess that at one point there would be another coming from behind you. I could see that section being a bit boring due to the length, unless they dare make us fight those flying beast on such a bridge.

...Yeah, that is what they are going to. Prepare for "Archers" messages just at the beginning of the bridge.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:19 pm

I also think there's some new features at the quick select menu. It looks like each weapon has its own healthbar (durability?) right below their icons when selected, all the weapons are at 100%, but when he lights the torch it drops to about 80% (although the shield is still showing as an icon).

About damage not showing up on hits: Maybe they just added more hud options to remove certain things, there were no pop-ups when items were picked up either. Or it could be just for the demo, I remember some early dks previes had a few undecided ?ItemName? pick-ups.

The character also has 2 stone items, Drop Stone of Healing, and Drop Stone of Healing to glisten (???). Once again, some dks previews used divine blessings instead of Estus, so stone of healing could be the equivalent to that. He also has 2 spells, but they are only named L1 and L2, so the stone names might also be placeholders.

sfcc wrote:maybe its day and night or like demon souls
    That's what I thought, day/night, hot/cold, black/white tendency kind of crest.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Okay I don't know if anyone has posted a link to the interview that follows after the gameplay video but I've just started watching it and something has caught my eye at the 25 second mark:
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/everything-you-want-to-know-about-dark-souls-2
    Is that the Paladin armour, like that of whick Leeroy wore. I mean it has a different design on it and color scheme but the shoulders and helmet look similar. Just want to see if anyone else notices it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 pm

MistahrFox wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    MistahrFox wrote:

So...there are 2 Tomohiro Shibuyas? well thats a shame if its true, since the very same one that worked on the 2 monster hunter titles also worked on Arc the Lad, that I really liked.

Well it's actually not really that bad, cause the Shibuya who worked on those games had a very minor role in the CGI cutscenes ext. Nothing major. The Shibuya that is actually the director of Dark Souls II was the director of a few of these Fromsoft mecha games that weren't localized. I forget the names of them, they were releated to gundam though I think, at least I remember seeing gundam characters/mecha in the gameplay. Gundam isn't in the name though. Too lazy to look it up tongue
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    MistahrFox wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    MistahrFox wrote:

Well it's actually not really that bad, cause the Shibuya who worked on those games had a very minor role in the CGI cutscenes ext. Nothing major. The Shibuya that is actually the director of Dark Souls II was the director of a few of these Fromsoft mecha games that weren't localized. I forget the names of them, they were releated to gundam though I think, at least I remember seeing gundam characters/mecha in the gameplay. Gundam isn't in the name though. Too lazy to look it up tongue

Armored Core?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:43 pm

*Sploosh*

OMG GUYS, AXES HAVE AN ACTUAL MOVESET NOW big grin

Nerding out, nerding out, nerding out, nerding out.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Hey Ublug you're more of a Wiki guy right? How am I doing? I'll admit I know little of the coding and I don't even know how to make pages so I've just been editing what I could find.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:27 am