Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Easy hydra take down on a pure caster?

morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Easy hydra take down on a pure caster? Empty Easy hydra take down on a pure caster?

Post by morte Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Anybody know how? I want to rescue dusk so I can get dark sorceries, but I can't do that until I beat the hydra and the gold golem, and the latter doesn't appear until the former is dead. Does anybody know an easy way to take down the hydra? None of my souls arrows or spears will hit the hydra at the distance he's at and I don't have crystal magic weapon yet.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Easy hydra take down on a pure caster? Empty Re: Easy hydra take down on a pure caster?

Post by ublug Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Get into the water, block or dodge its heads and then manually aim your spells at one head at a time while they are close.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Easy hydra take down on a pure caster? Empty Re: Easy hydra take down on a pure caster?

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm

depending on your playthrough if you have just the bellowing Dragoncrest ring and Crystalization catalyst it should easy if your first crystal Soul spear dont kill it the second should, NG+ you should have the dusk crown also so it should only take both spears
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Question: would the dragoncrest ring that prolongs the use of spells also effect the range of soul spears and arrows?
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Do you have a shield? Just block his head slam and attack the heads while they are close. If you have (C)HSM than it should be as simple as casting the spell and blocking the head attack.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 pm

I was going to tell you to use dark bead but eh...

go into the water and block, the hydra hits the ground, unlock and cast soul spear at a head, when you run out of casts, cast soul arrows directly at the body
    When you run out of casts, fast weapon CMW or enchanted weapon and hit the remaining heads when they attack

But i assume you won't need to go through all the steps for it to die

Last edited by Hachouma on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:20 pm; edited 6 times in total
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:14 pm

if youve been to the dukes archives you should have enchanted falchion which should do fine

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 am