Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Better Covenant and Bonfires as Shrines?

EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Better Covenant and Bonfires as Shrines? Empty Better Covenant and Bonfires as Shrines?

Post by EverlastingRat Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Ok, well, salutations everybody Wave

I was thinking about how great of a concept the convenants are but obviously needed some development. I always felt they should be tied more closely to the lore/role-playing aspect of the game. What I mean is that, the BoDM was basically a Blue phantom who collected ears, as opposed to Darkwraiths, red phantoms, who collected humanity, and Dragon Apostles who collected dragon scales. Essentially, it felt like "what color and would you like to earn?" When I first joined a covenant, it was the Path of the Dragon based on the idea of being a freakin mothafudgin' DRAGON(oid). I had learned that after my first brawl, that i didn't lose any dragon scales, which was kinda let down to a degree, but ultimately a relief. I thought that when you fought against others you would be, essentially betting each others' scales. I felt like they should've made it, at least an option to place your scales on the table. In fact I thought it would be cool to be able to somehow raise stakes before a duel. So basically, you are invited to a duel(since that's how path of the dragon worked) an option, when placing the dragon eye sign, as to how many are you willing to "bet", and the other player could obviously invite you if they decide to "match your bet"...I mean the whole concept was YOU are a willing participant in the duel when you placed your DE sign down, and I would be willing to accept the consequences of losing my scales, even if it could only be one scale only and my shhht is too ridiculous. But I thought well there should be some reward for killing(or helping if your also invading) an invader of an opposing covenant. I mean, let's say if you are in allegiance to Gwydolin and you happen to invade a player, who happens to be a Darkwraith, there should be some bigger reward than a measly ear, I mean you just killed a fudgn Darkwraith you should get promoted especially since the darkwratih was a high ranking member. Or if your a Dragon apostle, pretty much anyone in allegiance to the gods.

Also as for the Bonfires, Johnthethird came up with the idol part in another post, they could be obviously throughout the game and would have different idols. If you were to join a covenant than it would cut your access to some "bonfire/shrines" off, thus having limited bonfires throughout the game. if joining a covenant would have better reward system and/or you decide to not join, and happily wave the black flag, then you would have access to the least amount of "non-shrine bonfires" and could only access those alone.

I'm thinking of all this as I'm typing it down, so what do you guys think? Could any of these ideas work or what? I mean what could be a good reward/punish system with all this? Or is it fine the way it is?
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Better Covenant and Bonfires as Shrines? Empty Re: Better Covenant and Bonfires as Shrines?

Post by Johnthethird Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:36 am

I like this Idea. There could be one regular bonfire in each level, but then you would have 1 or 2 shrines for your covenant in different parts. This would increase a since of fellowship between members of the covenant if they all rested at a different area than the other members of the game.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Better Covenant and Bonfires as Shrines? Empty Re: Better Covenant and Bonfires as Shrines?

Post by Halicarnassis Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 am

That would be an awesome idea, but given the sword in the ground was much like the current bonfire swords I doubt it sad
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:20 pm

yeah too bad. I wonder if FromSoft ever reads these forums. Probably not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 am