My SL1 Playthrough Log (UPDATE)

ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

My SL1 Playthrough Log (UPDATE)

Post by ninjashifty on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:11 pm

I decided to start a SL1 play through. So far I haven't been having too much trouble and maybe have died a few times. Mainly from trying to get the binoculars in the graveyard.

So far I have the grass crest shield +5 and my reinforced mace +5.
    I've got the red tear stone ring and the dragon crest shield. I parried Havel with it the RTSR and my +5 club 3 times in a row and worked him. First try. That's an accomplishment for me. We go back...way back and it was good to show him who's boss.

Killed the Hyrda in the dark root basin and the crystal golem. I got the antiquated set and just now successfully killed the gargoyles. I only died once on them.

It's weird not to level anything up and I'm finding I'm using a lot of armor management to keep it in a quick roll. I have the FaP ring on and the RTSR on as well.

Funny thing, I killed the balder knights and got a Balder Side Straight Sword within only killing them a few times. Too bad it's worthless to me. If anyone is around SL1 and wants it, let me know. I haven't found a BS Shield yet...maybe a trade?

I have so many souls I don't know what to do with them. So I leveled up my Brigand armor to +3.

One question, the battle axe is the same weight as the reinforce club, should I consider this as a weapon to use? I want to make a divine weapon for the catacombs and have a +5 hand axe. Should I stay with the hand axe or go battle axe?

This has been fun so far and not too hard. I can see it getting a lot worse for me. I notice stamina management is a must as I find myself running out of it consistently. Only a few hits and roll away and it's spent.

Last edited by ninjashifty on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: My SL1 Playthrough Log (UPDATE)

Post by ninjashifty on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:34 pm

Stray Demon is dead. He kicked my *** so badly. But I went down with the Red Tear Stone active and I didn't get hit one and worked him with my cross bow. Nice!!!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Crossbow on Stray Demon is something I've never tried but if you don't have bleed weapons/don't do the roll in behind him strategy it's definitely an out.

It's almost like taking the magic strategy when you don't have magic.

DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Mate, want to solve all your problems? Just get some Cestus +5 raw! Nothing shall stand in the way of your mighty fists! You shall fight with the wrath of a thousand souls, and with your fists no less! Like a true man! Hurrah And if that isn't manly enough for you, then add a chest head to it! All shall bow before the might of the chest! :mask-averice:

Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.

Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:10 am

I finished the game at SL1. I have a Divine Battle Axe+10, Reinforced Club +15, and a Fire Reinforced Club+10.

Divine weapons are considerably weaker than normal weapons so a tactic I employ is to use a weaker normal weapon (say +5 or so) to strike a skeleton to take most of its' health away and then finish it off with the divine weapon.

That tactic doesn't work in the Nito fight, so I fully upgraded the battle axe because you need to take out those three skeletons as fast as possible.

I did have a divine club +9, but that was a waste of ore... I should have gone for the reinforced club.

I'd also upgrade a couple of light crossbows: +15 and Fire+10. If you don't want to farm the extra ore, stick with the +15. It's just that against certain enemies the Fire+10 deals more damage.

Balder Shield+15 is my preferred shield. 100% physical and 75 stability. Weak against magic though.

Have fun!

ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 pm

So I've taken down the Quelaag (sp?) chick. With flash sweat and a +10 RC the battle was almost too easy. I made a +1 divine axe for the skeletons and now about to face Pinwheel. I killed the Capra Demon pretty easily, and Ceasless Discharge (STD?).

I spent hours and hours farming for those stupid green titnite shards and got 11 of them (1 I found). I thought these things dropped more often. I have other characters with tons of them. I finally got my club to fire +7 but now that I'm thinking about it, I shouldn't have dropped it from a +10. Oh well a few large titinite shard and I'll get another one up to +10.

I've died a few times and lost 40k souls and another 12k souls. I found that I can't spend them fast enough. I've upgraded my pyro glove to a +11. But other than that my souls go to buying heavy bolts and upgrading my glove. I'll have to make another trip to blightown to pick up PW and finish upgrading my glove and buying GC.

After I kill Pinwheel, it's off to Sen's Fortress. I should really get a few more red titinite chunks and get my fire club to +10. So that means another trip down to the catacombs.

So far, I'm not doing too badly. I just read the Four Kings thread and now I'm dreading killing them. In all actuallity, Anor Londo is making me lose sleep at night. But with a fire club, I should be able to wack everyone pretty good.

The armor I'm using is pretty much Gold Hemmed Set and the Crimson Robes. With Havel's ring I can still fast roll with my FaP ring. I have a lot of large titnite shards to buy to get my other gear upgraded and maybe some twinkling titinite if I want to use the Crimson Robes.
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 pm

DemonOfFate wrote:Mate, want to solve all your problems? Just get some Cestus +5 raw! Nothing shall stand in the way of your mighty fists! You shall fight with the wrath of a thousand souls, and with your fists no less! Like a true man! And if that isn't manly enough for you, then add a chest head to it! All shall bow before the might of the chest!

What do raw cestus' do?
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:46 am

UPDATE 2: O&S are dead. I didn't use the PW trick because my flame was +15 and I didn't want to die from the HP drain. It took me about 20 tries with my +7 fire RC and Fireball and Fire Orb. I killed Ornstien first and crossbowed the crap out of Smough. I had a few cheap shot death from them but in the end I prevailed.

Made a quick trip to the Sif and after 2 tries, I killed him dead too. Now I'm off to New Londo, but the ghosts are seemingly problematic when they gang up on me. I'm using the wolf ring to help fight through their massive attacks. My RC destroys them in one hit, but there is a lot of them. Next stop...4 Kings....yikes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:23 am