This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Share
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Shindori on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:22 am

    http://mmdks.com/1rkm
    I mean you know, nice range, decent weapon... and i think it has enough bleed resistance.


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:24 am

    My current build duel wields Katana on hand and Barbed SS off-hand, and I only get a bleed out once every 15 fights. IMO, the only thing this build will do in terms of bleeding will be if it becomes a griefer and you invade people with low resistance. Just my opinion though. Looks solid otherwise.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:26 am

    500 bleed isn't the build up, it's the amount taken off when the bleed takes place.
    In case you didn't know.
    As far as I know, all weapons bleed out at the same speed except Gold Tracer, which bleeds faster.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Shindori on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:52 am

    Huh.. and here i thought it had something to do with how much buildup it did


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:08 am

    The lifehunt scythe builds 50 bleed per hit, most things build 30. It also builds bleed through I frames and shields, so an aggressive player can build bleed very quickly if they're good at avoiding parries.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:32 am

    Shindori wrote:Huh.. and here i thought it had something to do with how much buildup it did
    Most weapons will do 30% of the opponents HP when bleed hits, shown by the 300, Priscilla's Lifehunt abilities give her weapons 500, thus 50% of their health is torn away per bleed out.
    Only the Gold Tracer will bleed faster, although it can be used in conjunction with one of Priscilla's weapons to build the bleed up, then to use Priscilla's for the 20% extra damage.
    Can be quite devastating if you can accurately predict when they are about to bleed out.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:53 am

    Again, you're wrong.

    The lifehunt scythe builds 50 bleed per hit instead of 30 (and builds 40 on the user).

    Not only have I used it, but check the wiki if you don't believe me.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:56 am

    Forum Pirate wrote:Again, you're wrong.

    The lifehunt scythe builds 50 bleed per hit instead of 30 (and builds 40 on the user).

    Not only have I used it, but check the wiki if you don't believe me.
    That's the bleed out, 50% of health is loss per bleed out for Lifehunt, 30% for normal things.
    Don't believe me, test it.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 am

    It does bleed 50% of total HP, yes, it ALSO bleed 50 points per hit. I have used it, and the wiki agrees.

    Even dismissing that though, it bleeds 40 points per hit to the user. What, may I ask, would be the point of it if it built bleed faster to the user than the enemy? Even with bleed resist gear, an opposing blood shield virtually garentees you bleed yourself before the opponent.

    Edit: though its scaling figures are admittedly outdated, the rest of the collectors edition guide book is accurate and it also says 50 bleed per hit.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Shindori on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:29 am

    Forum Pirate wrote:It does bleed 50% of total HP, yes, it ALSO bleed 50 points per hit. I have used it, and the wiki agrees.

    Even dismissing that though, it bleeds 40 points per hit to the user. What, may I ask, would be the point of it if it built bleed faster to the user than the enemy? Even with bleed resist gear, an opposing blood shield virtually garentees you bleed yourself before the opponent.

    Edit: though its scaling figures are admittedly outdated, the rest of the collectors edition guide book is accurate and it also says 50 bleed per hit.
    But tell me, how many people do you really run into that actually use the shield?


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:30 am

    Forum Pirate wrote:It does bleed 50% of total HP, yes, it ALSO bleed 50 points per hit. I have used it, and the wiki agrees.

    Even dismissing that though, it bleeds 40 points per hit to the user. What, may I ask, would be the point of it if it built bleed faster to the user than the enemy? Even with bleed resist gear, an opposing blood shield virtually garentees you bleed yourself before the opponent.

    Edit: though its scaling figures are admittedly outdated, the rest of the collectors edition guide book is accurate and it also says 50 bleed per hit.
    Okay, I believe you. I was not sure, that's why I said "As far as I know...", but thank you for the information. Doesn't Gold Tracer do 50 bleed per hit too?


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:31 am

    Shindori wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:It does bleed 50% of total HP, yes, it ALSO bleed 50 points per hit. I have used it, and the wiki agrees.

    Even dismissing that though, it bleeds 40 points per hit to the user. What, may I ask, would be the point of it if it built bleed faster to the user than the enemy? Even with bleed resist gear, an opposing blood shield virtually garentees you bleed yourself before the opponent.

    Edit: though its scaling figures are admittedly outdated, the rest of the collectors edition guide book is accurate and it also says 50 bleed per hit.
    But tell me, how many people do you really run into that actually use the shield?
    Only other Lifehunt users, or new players. I remember on my first playthrough I thought bloodshield was the best shield around. 100% physical, awesome looks, and the status resistances was enough to get me hooked.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:45 am

    I use it on a character because I'm in cloth armor, or a dragon, so bleed build is actually an issue. Otherwise, you're safe from it shidori. You'll still bleed them first, and once you've built some bleed they can't switch away from it (to block magic or use a cross bow, for example) or they'll bleed themselves, giving you a decent advantage, especially if you've got magic.


    I have no idea how fast the tracer builds bleed (per hit, anyways) Fast enough, thats for sure.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 am

    Forum Pirate wrote:I use it on a character because I'm in cloth armor, or a dragon, so bleed build is actually an issue. Otherwise, you're safe from it shidori. You'll still bleed them first, and once you've built some bleed they can't switch away from it (to block magic or use a cross bow, for example) or they'll bleed themselves, giving you a decent advantage, especially if you've got magic.


    I have no idea how fast the tracer builds bleed (per hit, anyways) Fast enough, thats for sure.

    Oh yeah, and cloth armor such as Tattered or Dingy. I'm pretty sure the Gold's bleed up is the fastest of any weapon, it's the only weapon I know of that has been able to bleed me out every time I fight it with my bloodbite ring on.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1206
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-08-07

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Seignar on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:41 am

    As far as I know, Gold Tracer has 35 build-up. The only reason it bleeds faster than Lifehunt is because it hits faster than the Scythe.

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 am

    Seignar wrote:As far as I know, Gold Tracer has 35 build-up. The only reason it bleeds faster than Lifehunt is because it hits faster than the Scythe.
    I've tried that before, I can bleed the same person out in less hits from the Tracer.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 353
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-10-20

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Infighter on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:01 pm

    Seignar wrote:As far as I know, Gold Tracer has 35 build-up. The only reason it bleeds faster than Lifehunt is because it hits faster than the Scythe.

    Gold Tracer has the same B/P as Chaos Blade which is 36,13 and it takes about 8 hits to bleed a guy with 289 Bleed resist


    _________________
    Strength Above All



    http://www.youtube.com/user/infighter771
    avatar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1206
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-08-07

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Seignar on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:07 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Seignar wrote:As far as I know, Gold Tracer has 35 build-up. The only reason it bleeds faster than Lifehunt is because it hits faster than the Scythe.
    I've tried that before, I can bleed the same person out in less hits from the Tracer.
    There is a reason. When you hit someone with the Lifehunt, their Bleed meter decreases in between each successive hit. It accumulates over a period of time and it takes longer to bleed.

    However, since the Gold Tracer hits extremely fast, the amount the meter decreases over time is less and so it would seem you're dealing the same amount of bleed damage.

    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Shindori on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:18 am

    Seignar wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Seignar wrote:As far as I know, Gold Tracer has 35 build-up. The only reason it bleeds faster than Lifehunt is because it hits faster than the Scythe.
    I've tried that before, I can bleed the same person out in less hits from the Tracer.
    There is a reason. When you hit someone with the Lifehunt, their Bleed meter decreases in between each successive hit. It accumulates over a period of time and it takes longer to bleed.

    However, since the Gold Tracer hits extremely fast, the amount the meter decreases over time is less and so it would seem you're dealing the same amount of bleed damage.
    common sense right there.


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 am

    Most builds arn't breaking 250 bleed resist though. I'd guess 150-200 is more normal.

    At 50 per hit, it's not going to take long if you're aggressive about it. If they don't dodge it (the bleed trigger) it's likely to leave them 1 or 2 hits from death. Even if they have 2k hp, and the bleed trigger is the only blow that deals damage, you're now looking at about 1400 total damage. Thats 2 hits left for the win.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

    Sponsored content

    Re: This build just might be good for bleeding people...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:12 pm