Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Twitter for DkS

PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Twitter for DkS Empty Twitter for DkS

Post by PPG-3- Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:34 am

From what I understand of Twitter (having never used it yet) that it would be very useful for Dark Souls purposes. Meaning, I could 'tweet' (wow thats an odd phrase) where I am and what SL so that if ppl are nearby they can drop stones. Just a thought. I know twitter works well on phones. More so then this site. Is there anyway to make a twitter group so we can all be added to it and people can just send out updates when they are in need of help.

I only bring this up as when I'm playing i don't really check the website frequently as I'm pretty focused and invovled. but if my phone lights up and i can easily click a button and i can see someone is in tomb of giants bonfire before Nito I can head over and give a hand.

Might not be something everyone will be interested into now as there are tons of ppl still playing online. But as time passes and the community gets a bit smaller or the frequency of playing online drops it could be a viable option.

If anyone has or uses twitter at the moment please mention if I'm applying it correctly.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Twitter for DkS Empty Re: Twitter for DkS

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:45 am

The wiki has one and I believe it follows me. Now for coordinating events... I don't think you can create goups, but it should be easy to do. As long as everyone follows eachother. People could tweet their sl and what they're looking for, then hashtag the place (#this) and people could go on twitter and search the website for the hashtag of where they are and meet up with people.

In theory it sounds good. I'm not sure how well it would play out in practice though.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 am

hmm, yeah that seems like too much work.

i was thinking for of making it for fight club as although we schedule on here for big events. sometimes mid-week people are up for it and if I'm online I'll jump into the chat and see who's around.

but if we had a Dark Souls twitter account people could maybe just sign on post a message like:

Hosting in Blighttown @ lvl 120

and maybe put a time frame of like "for the next hour or two", or "RIGHT NOW", etc...

the benefit to this is even if im not on my comp or on my ps3, i'll just get the notice on my phone and would be able to jump on if i'm free.

but again, don't know too much about twitter. was hoping that would be easy to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:14 am