Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Freezing during Loading and PS+ Backup HELP!!!

SpookyLotus
    SpookyLotus

Freezing during Loading and PS+ Backup HELP!!! Empty Freezing during Loading and PS+ Backup HELP!!!

Post by SpookyLotus Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:28 am

Alright, so I'll start with this...
    Before starting NG+ I was farming and killing off the last NPCs who have drops. I was check out Sen's fortress (which has always been buggy for me), and big mistake... The prims didn't load. I was just stuck in a room that was entirely fog after killing the lizard men. So, I decided I'd exit Sen's and go back to the bonfire in Undead Parish. I rested there, stood, then reloaded. Then, after the game locked during the freeze! :x I WOULD have no problem with restarting, because I know how to do it all with less issues, but this is not only the second character this happened on, dealing with Sen's, but I have too many rare drops and weapons I worked really hard on crafting... You know how that song goes. My biggest point is, it will just happen every time I go to Sen's, and, I have no clue how I passed it the first time.
    I already tried cleaning the disk, and I tried deleting all the game data/ patches, but nothing works. I'm always stuck on loading that character, and my other one as well. I looked everywhere online for help, but can't seem to find any. Please give me any ideas if possible.

I'm using a phat ps3, and hear the issue may be my Bluray drive or HDD.

So, my next question is, if I backup my DkS data on the PSN, then replace the HDD or buy a new PS3 will my old files and data still work?

Thanks in advanced for any answers.
    SpookyLotus
    SpookyLotus

Freezing during Loading and PS+ Backup HELP!!! Empty Re: Freezing during Loading and PS+ Backup HELP!!!

Post by SpookyLotus Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:12 am

Got it to work... Did 3 things...
    -Unplugged the system causing a hard reset. So, it started in diskchk (Not recommended at all)
    -Gave it some time to cool down (about 1 hour)
    -Pressed triangle at character select to go to alternate menu, and loaded. It took longer than usual to load, and my character glitched up a little bit, but other than that, it works fine now! =D But, can I still get some answers on that PS+ Backup thing, or other tips in case this happens again?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Freezing during Loading and PS+ Backup HELP!!! Empty Re: Freezing during Loading and PS+ Backup HELP!!!

Post by User1 Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:42 am

My PS3 has never undergone anything like this, so no comment. sad
    SpookyLotus
    SpookyLotus

Post by SpookyLotus Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:53 am

Yeah. It's funny. The answers usually range from never heard of it, to it being pretty common. By any chance are you using a slim ps3?
    Also... It's happening again. Locked out of my main again. Tried playing as a low level alt, was in darkroot, went nearby Andrei to rest at the bonfire, and the bonfire didn't load. Neither did the entire outside of Sen's and locked out of 3 characters!!! I am getting really PO'd... Scratch that. The third character loaded as I was typing. It took like 10 minutes.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:04 am

I use the very first PS3. I still have occasional frame rate problems, but they sort themselves out quickly.
    SpookyLotus
    SpookyLotus

Post by SpookyLotus Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:49 am

See, I never hear of it occurring on the first models, that are backwards compatible. It's the later fats, that can't run ps2 games. And, I hear slims also don't have this problem. It read it has a little to do with the brand of HDD in each model.

I just freed my main again, but only for a short time. After, the room around me fell apart, then it crashed as I was infinitely falling.

I think I freed him by loading the area on another file, then entering as him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 pm