The Strongest Weapon in the game

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Re: The Strongest Weapon in the game

Post by RANT on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:Based off experience, the DST is the strongest weapon in the game

I mean, who attacks from the front anymore? It's all about backstab skills.

Lol dga still better with crits than the dst.
    dst has more swag though

if by swag you mean try hard'ness then yes.(im sorry but I hate that word) I think the rapier might still be better at crits(haven't tested it) and it's more versatile.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Exactly what I meant

I don't see the DST often, but I never see the DGA.

Probably because of the requirements being pretty high.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Another possibility is that it's a strength weapon. Most I know like to hit fast and hard, so won't bother with something slow.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Latitoast wrote:Exactly what I meant

I LOVE the DGA but it's just so damn heavy, it's the reason I switched to crystal+5 greataxe, almost half the weight and just a little weaker which doesn't make much of a difference and it gives you more room for better armor and it looks pretty awesome.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:40 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Another possibility is that it's a strength weapon. Most I know like to hit fast and hard, so won't bother with something slow.

yeah, most people don't use them because you actually have to think about what you're gonna do before you do it, you have to be smatter about it and try not to make mistakes because the smallest mistake can get you killed, you really have to be smart about how you use them. im not saying the other quality/dex weapons don't require you to have a strategy or be smart about it but they're easier to use and don't leave you open for a backstab every time you attack.

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Even without buffs, it still has the largest AR.
    At max stats, Crystal Demon's Greataxe +5 has 767 base damage, more than the average buffed weapon, and that's not including split damage.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Dibsville wrote:Even without buffs, it still has the largest AR.
    At max stats, Crystal Demon's Greataxe +5 has 767 base damage, more than the average buffed weapon, and that's not including split damage.

I though we agreed that it was the strongest, you dont need crystal either but it does give you ridiculous ar. when you get into buffs the lighter weapons always win bcause of how fast and ridiculous poise break they can have(specially the curved swords).

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:24 pm

RantFromRant wrote:

I though we agreed that it was the strongest, you dont need crystal either but it does give you ridiculous ar. when you get into buffs the lighter weapons always win bcause of how fast and ridiculous poise break they can have(specially the curved swords).
    Well, seeing as a buffed DGA will one-shot someone assuming you have 50 STR and are using DMB, I'll stick with it over my 700 damage uchi.

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:26 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:Exactly what I meant

I LOVE the DGA but it's just so damn heavy, it's the reason I switched to crystal+5 greataxe, almost half the weight and just a little weaker which doesn't make much of a difference and it gives you more room for better armor and it looks pretty awesome.
    I can almost use it, so I'll probably mess around with it once I can.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:

Well, seeing as a buffed DGA will one-shot someone assuming you have 50 STR and are using DMB, I'll stick with it over my 700 damage uchi.

if we get into dps then the pgs with dmb+3 will win everytime if you up up against it and spam r1 you will lose every time, that thing's so light you have more poise(better armor which means better defense overall) and more vit which makes that build better in terms of stats, you can do 150% damage of what I dga can do and it probably will stunlock you first which will interrupt your attacks and you will lose.

CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:57 pm

on my str build with 50 str and 44 int put CMW on it, a backstab does about 1900 and a riposte (if i get one in PVP those tricky bastards lol) does over 2000

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Rapier's crits are better than the DST. And, it can be buffed. Great Club also has insane crits.

But, if you are talking DPS, then a crystal + 5, DMB + 3, dagger will win every time.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:10 am

DST?
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 am

^ Dark Silver Tracer.

Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 pm

So obvious :oops:
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:10 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:

if we get into dps then the pgs with dmb+3 will win everytime if you up up against it and spam r1 you will lose every time, that thing's so light you have more poise(better armor which means better defense overall) and more vit which makes that build better in terms of stats, you can do 150% damage of what I dga can do and it probably will stunlock you first which will interrupt your attacks and you will lose.
    In pure DPS, if the person stood completely still and let us bash on them, yes, PGS MIGHT outdamage the DGA. You have to remember that unlike great hammers, a great axe is actually pretty fast, so comparing 1k damage per hit to 400 damage per hit, you would be around 3k to 2.4k.

Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 pm

The strongest weapon is ?WeaponName? buffed with ?MagicName?

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [i]Huehuehue.[/i]
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm going to point out, the large club is freaking great. The 2h roll r1 is good, but you're better off with the great club for that, the large club works best in 1 hand.

Why? 1hr2.
    Uber reach, 600+damage per hit, dead angles, stuns long enough for a follow up bs (for 900+, I might add.) Add to that that the 1h roll r1 is faster than the 2h roll r1, 750 jump attack damage, and unlocked targeting for 450 damage r1's to crush roll bs attempts and you're looking at a very potent weapon. High skill requirement, but extremely dangerous.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:35 pm

yea the large club is my favorite weapon but still outdamaged by my DGA in terms of actual damage, idk how but i usually hit ppl with the 2hR2 of both wich lets face it the movesets for both DGA and large club are ALMOST identical in terms of speed. honestly i feel the axe is faster thats just how i feel

Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:45 pm

The axe is faster, and stronger, its also shorter, and its roll attack doesn't cover the full 360 degrees.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    megaoptamas759
    Casual
    Casual

Post by megaoptamas759 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:02 pm

NOOB HERE!

sorry but i myself just LOVE my balder sidesword and halberd build, sorry but u aint gonna come close to me with that axe without getting punished one way or the other Well What is it

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 pm

megaoptamas759 wrote:NOOB HERE!

sorry but i myself just LOVE my balder sidesword and halberd build, sorry but u aint gonna come close to me with that axe without getting punished one way or the other Well What is it
    Any good Strength user can easily take down a DEX user.
    I am a Halberd user and BSS user myself, but one thing that throws people off is the fact that I don't mash the R2, I actually chain my attacks because I'm not some garbage player who knows nothing about the true potential of their weapon.
    Either way, I have made a STR build a few times, and I can honestly say most of my losses are from mages and other STR builds, a DEX build might be strong, but unless they're poise tanking, they're not going to get much more than chip damage, and if they are poise tanking, while I'm using the DGA, I'll kill them before they kill me.

megaoptamas759
    Casual
    Casual

Post by megaoptamas759 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Dibsville wrote:

I am a Halberd user and BSS user myself, but one thing that throws people off is the fact that I don't mash the R2, I actually chain my attacks because I'm not some garbage player who knows nothing about the true potential of their weapon.
    Either way, I have made a STR build a few times, and I can honestly say most of my losses are from mages and other STR builds, a DEX build might be strong, but unless they're poise tanking, they're not going to get much more than chip damage, and if they are poise tanking, while I'm using the DGA, I'll kill them before they kill me.

i just do whatever is in the heat of the moment, but i never spam... well exept for when a darkmoon invades >.< those guys are jerks

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

megaoptamas759 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:

i just do whatever is in the heat of the moment, but i never spam... well exept for when a darkmoon invades >.< those guys are jerks
    You should have ABSOLUTELY no fear from Darkmoons. Just because they may have Darkmoon Blade does not mean they can win. Any normal tactic works on a Darkmoon, and they should expect what they get. They are, in fact, invading lower levels then them, and as such, will invade people trying to PvE 95% of the time. This means that backstabbing a Darkmoon is not the same as backstabbing a Darkwraith, the Darkmoon expects you to do it, the Darkwraith only knows you have the ability to do it. You can easily just wait out DMB, or parry their CONSTANT R1 mashing.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:26 pm

If you could parry me, I would be surprised. I leave little opportunities to be parried.

I am actually quite good at PvP parrying now though, the trick is to press L2 about a second before it would connect. Works every time for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:38 am