Re: The Strongest Weapon in the game

Post by User1 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:19 pm

You use my teachings well.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:21 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:You use my teachings well.
    I learned from the best.
    Currently...

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:22 pm

You shall never best my situational nope.avi's.

butternuts01

It's freakin true!

Post by butternuts01 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:28 pm

honestly you guys, in terms of "strongest weapon", heres the 411. the greatsword of atorias (cursed). it can hit ghosts without transient curse, at +5 it deals 267 damage. it has a scaling of C with all of the abilities, (str, dex, int, and faith) so the extra damage given to it when all of those are lvl 40? almost 800. so, thats 1067 (give or take a few points) damage in 1 swing with 1 hand. it has an ok swing speed, and no joke, u can kill Gwyn, lord of cinder in one riposte at full lvls with power within and hornets ring. and the easiest parry is the first jump he does because u have the time to react. especially with the parrying dagger or buckler/ target shield. win.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:32 pm

butternuts01 wrote:honestly you guys, in terms of "strongest weapon", heres the 411. the greatsword of atorias (cursed). it can hit ghosts without transient curse, at +5 it deals 267 damage. it has a scaling of C with all of the abilities, (str, dex, int, and faith) so the extra damage given to it when all of those are lvl 40? almost 800. so, thats 1067 (give or take a few points) damage in 1 swing with 1 hand. it has an ok swing speed, and no joke, u can kill Gwyn, lord of cinder in one riposte at full lvls with power within and hornets ring. and the easiest parry is the first jump he does because u have the time to react. especially with the parrying dagger or buckler/ target shield. win.
    Actually,
    the Greatsword of Artorias is a terrible weapon, cursed or not.
    First of all, uncursed has better scaling.
    Second, at 40 with each stat, it does 658 damage, split into melee and magic. That may seem like a lot, but it is unbuffable and due to the split will only do about 200 damage per hit. A Murokumo +15 at those stats will hit higher than it no matter what.
    Third, the GSoA has a garbage moveset. I don't care what you say, that R2 is as useless as they come.

Last edited by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:34 pm

I support Dibs completely on that.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that at those stats, the GSoA cursed version does 539 pure physical damage, but again, is unbuffable, and looking at the Murokumo at those stats, which boasts 563 base damage and is buffable, it's clear that the GSoA sucks balls.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:37 pm

You got a +1 off me. Now, just to show this to Carphil! silly
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    butternuts01 wrote:honestly you guys, in terms of "strongest weapon", heres the 411. the greatsword of atorias (cursed). it can hit ghosts without transient curse, at +5 it deals 267 damage. it has a scaling of C with all of the abilities, (str, dex, int, and faith) so the extra damage given to it when all of those are lvl 40? almost 800. so, thats 1067 (give or take a few points) damage in 1 swing with 1 hand. it has an ok swing speed, and no joke, u can kill Gwyn, lord of cinder in one riposte at full lvls with power within and hornets ring. and the easiest parry is the first jump he does because u have the time to react. especially with the parrying dagger or buckler/ target shield. win.
    Actually,
    Second, at 40 with each stat, it does 658 damage, split into melee and magic. That may seem like a lot, but it is unbuffable and due to the split will only do about 200 damage per hit. A Murokumo +15 at those stats will hit higher than it no matter what.
    Third, the GSoA has a garbage moveset. I don't care what you say, that R2 is as useless as they come.

Cursed doesn't deal split damage, it's pure physical (I know, too slow, already said). Still 539 AR at 40 in every stat though... You can get a claymore +15, drop the faith and int and still get 524 AR, a much better moveset and the ability to buff it.

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Elifia wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Actually,

Cursed doesn't deal split damage, it's pure physical (I know, too slow, already said). Still 539 AR at 40 in every stat though... You can get a claymore +15, drop the faith and int and still get 524 AR, a much better moveset and the ability to buff it.
    I added that, and I was talking about the uncursed version in the first one. Look at my second post, I talked about the damage of the cursed version.

Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Actually,

I added that, and I was talking about the uncursed version in the first one. Look at my second post, I talked about the damage of the cursed version.

I know, that's why I edited in the 'too slow' comment. I started typing before ye said that. And the post you commented on was about the cursed 1, not the uncursed 1, and you talked about them as if the uncursed version was simply the same as the cursed but with better scaling.

KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:47 pm

No greatsword class weapon compares to the claymore.It fits on more versatile builds,does equal,if not more damage,swings faster and has a way better moveset.Even the murakumo is kinda worse unless you've mastered it.

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:08 pm

In terms of pure damage in PvP, GSoA is not very good. If everybody fought naked, then it would be much better, but it's AR goes through 2 defenses and loses a lot of power.

In PvE, it is much better.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:12 pm

what reim said, whenever people talk about the 'strongest' weapon they mean in pvp(for the most part) which means that the DGA is the strongest in terms of pure ar and damage.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Based off experience, the DST is the strongest weapon in the game

I mean, who attacks from the front anymore? It's all about backstab skills.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:16 pm

RantFromRant wrote:what reim said, whenever people talk about the 'strongest' weapon they mean in pvp(for the most part) which means that the DGA is the strongest in terms of pure ar and damage.
    That thing is a beast. Especially on crits. With the right stats, it will OHK any non-hacking person. Even if they have maxed AR and maxed defense.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:19 pm

MGS is one of the strongest weapons in the game.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Latitoast wrote:Based off experience, the DST is the strongest weapon in the game

Lol dga still better with crits than the dst.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Due to its scaling and huge base damage, a Crystal Demon's Greataxe +5 buffed with DMB will have the highest possible AR excluding a Dragon form composite stab.

Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Dibsville wrote:Due to its scaling and huge base damage, a Crystal Demon's Greataxe +5 buffed with DMB will have the highest possible AR excluding a Dragon form composite stab.

but its ugly, the GSoA has blue slashes! BLUE SLASHES!

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:29 pm

@dibs I don't get why whenever people talk about the strongest weapons everyone mentions buffs, anything can be strong with a buff, if you go in with a dga with dmb and go to to toe with a painting guardian sword with dbm the pgs will win. the dga has scary crit damage, I have a dragonand with a crystal+5dga+roar+3 backstab does about 1700 damage no hornet ring, its pretty awesome getting hamemail when you do that.

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:29 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:Based off experience, the DST is the strongest weapon in the game

Lol dga still better with crits than the dst.
    dst has more swag though

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Nope. DGA is just amazing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 am