What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Share
    avatar
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1488
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-12-23
    Age : 19
    Location : Killing the chat

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Hue on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:57 pm

    Djem wrote:The demons in Anor Londo with lightning spears. It's so hard to hit them with melee! And when you hit once, they just get blown away, and you have to find the perfect moment to hit them again. Also much more annoying when two of them attack you at the same time.

    The most annoying part of the Silver Knight Archer run in Anor Londo for me is not the Silver Knights, they are friggin' easy to pass. It's the Lightning Demons just before that.
    This


    _________________
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [i]Huehuehue.[/i]
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Ashran on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:26 pm

    Hachouma wrote:
    Djem wrote:The demons in Anor Londo with lightning spears. It's so hard to hit them with melee! And when you hit once, they just get blown away, and you have to find the perfect moment to hit them again. Also much more annoying when two of them attack you at the same time.

    The most annoying part of the Silver Knight Archer run in Anor Londo for me is not the Silver Knights, they are friggin' easy to pass. It's the Lightning Demons just before that.
    This

    Just back at the "brige" and let them fall. :V


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Texas

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by swordiris on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 pm

    The Giant skeleton dogs make me angry.

    Also the black mages in Township. I will get hit with a magic ball coming from nowhere and die.


    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by befowler on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:50 pm

    The Anor Londo winged demons have 0 poise so you can stagger them with anything (even throwing knives or just rolling into them). You can also knock them out of mid-air with any heavy weapon that has an AOE charge move, like a great club or an ultra greatsword. Just sprint right at them and swing when you are halfway there, even if they jump you'll hit their feet and/or knock them out of the air for a follow up swipe.

    I used to hate the two armored boars in the hallway to the Archives, until I realized you can poison them with a couple of poison daggers, or shoot a poison cloud around the corner where they can't even see you. Now my hatred is 100% back where it belongs: Bed of chaos.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."

    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 283
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-01-23

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by psychichobo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:46 pm

    Blight town mosquitoes annoy me as you have to wait for them to spawn again so you can kill them again. Or just wander around doing what you'd do anyway and get a spray of acid blood in the back right when you don't need it.


    But the trophy for me goes to the Spear Silver Knights. They're just so annoying as they keep their shield up, poke your stamina down, and the heavy does a lot so you have to time it just right when they're open. And they're always in narrow spaces (which weirdly makes fighting them harder).
    avatar
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 689
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-09-04

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by XachAttack on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:02 pm

    Crystal Hollow Swordsmen/Archers. Damn those things to the deepest circle of hell...


    _________________
    [__ It's go time!__]

    PSN: Xach_Attack
    avatar
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 206
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-28

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by CakeThiefPro on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:19 pm

    psychichobo wrote:But the trophy for me goes to the Spear Silver Knights. They're just so annoying as they keep their shield up, poke your stamina down, and the heavy does a lot so you have to time it just right when they're open. And they're always in narrow spaces (which weirdly makes fighting them harder).

    It's worth taking the time to learn to parry them. It doesn't take long to do and they become one of the easiest enemies in the game once you do it. Also narrow spaces stop you backstabbing them, making it harder to kill them.


    _________________
    Prostration Let me kill the Serpents in Dark Souls II. Prostration
    avatar
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 420
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 36
    Location : France

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by VaDoom on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:08 am

    Skeleton dogs in totg. If you miss to block dodge the combo, you're as good as dead.
    For bosses, I hate Gwyndolin, the slow homing soul masses are a real pain to me. I enjoy earing the death lines of this ******* octopus crossdresser a lot.


    _________________
    PSN : mega_perle
    PC : BandeDeNazes
    avatar
    OmegaX105
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 23
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Location : The Stairway to Heaven

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by OmegaX105 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:13 am

    Most annoying enemy? So many to pick from...But i would have to say the goddamn prowling demons...Seriously one wrong move and FCK U. UR DED.


    _________________
    I am Omega. I am the End. :red-orb:
    avatar
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Anatolia, Land of the Rising Sun

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Djem on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:22 am

    befowler wrote:The Anor Londo winged demons have 0 poise so you can stagger them with anything (even throwing knives or just rolling into them). You can also knock them out of mid-air with any heavy weapon that has an AOE charge move, like a great club or an ultra greatsword. Just sprint right at them and swing when you are halfway there, even if they jump you'll hit their feet and/or knock them out of the air for a follow up swipe.

    I used to hate the two armored boars in the hallway to the Archives, until I realized you can poison them with a couple of poison daggers, or shoot a poison cloud around the corner where they can't even see you. Now my hatred is 100% back where it belongs: Bed of chaos.

    The problem is that they have 0 poise. I don't want them to be thrown away anytime I hit them! That's the annoying part.
    avatar
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 491
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-11
    Location : The T.A.R.D.I.S.

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by lonewolf on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 am

    XachAttack wrote:Crystal Hollow Swordsmen/Archers. Damn those things to the deepest circle of hell...
    crystals suronded by ice yeah that would not make it hard to se them.


    _________________
    XBL: lone wolf 986
    Ask and you shal know.
    avatar
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 689
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-09-04

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by XachAttack on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:01 am

    lonewolf wrote:
    XachAttack wrote:Crystal Hollow Swordsmen/Archers. Damn those things to the deepest circle of hell...
    crystals suronded by ice yeah that would not make it hard to se them.

    It's not that they're hard to see lol, I know where they all are. I just meant their movesets and aggro ranges, it's rediculous. That damn shoulder stab the Swordsman have gets me every time. It's frustrating beyond belief.


    _________________
    [__ It's go time!__]

    PSN: Xach_Attack
    avatar
    Maplepop
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 77
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-03-12
    Age : 32
    Location : Northampton, UK

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Maplepop on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:11 am

    The drakes in Valley of Drakes... Horrible beasts


    _________________
    DEAD
    avatar
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 491
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-11
    Location : The T.A.R.D.I.S.

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by lonewolf on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:13 am

    The drakes are fun to fight while giving you sccales


    _________________
    XBL: lone wolf 986
    Ask and you shal know.
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by WandererReece on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 am

    Nybbles wrote:those gawd damn mosquitos


    _________________

    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 70
    Reputation : -2
    Join date : 2013-03-11

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Xaelai on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:16 pm

    Black farking Knights.

    Only because of freaking event lag.

    Nothing worse than the two Black Knights in the Undead Asylum revisited. I'll back up half of the whole hallway waiting for a specific attack so that it is safe to retaliate (I usually go there lower-level). The attack finally happens, I'll step in to attack, hit the attack button, and.........

    ............nothing happens.

    OH CRAP.

    Then I'm scrambling to back up as fast as I can, and 5 or so seconds later THEN my character does the attack I told it to do, and I hope and pray that the Knight isn't about to stab me and I just thunk his shield and can get my own shield back up in time before he swings.

    I don't know why those two specific knights are so lousy for this, but it is ridiculous, and it is the most cheesy way to die, ever. I can understand dying to a trap, or to my own stupidity, but shoddy game programming? That is beyond frustrating.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 pm

    Capra Demon
    There's always a chance I'll mess up
    I haven't done it in awhile, but I just know it's going to happen when I have like 30m souls on me


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by User1 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 pm

    Artorias.

    I have helped so many people with this guy, fighting him is like remembering the steps of a dance now. Everything is just memory, nothing more.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:22 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:Artorias.

    I have helped so many people with this guy, fighting him is like remembering the steps of a dance now. Everything is just memory, nothing more.
    Still the funnest fight
    What are you even doing
    (actually, I like Four Kings the most)


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Latitoast on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:Artorias.

    I have helped so many people with this guy, fighting him is like remembering the steps of a dance now. Everything is just memory, nothing more.
    Still the funnest fight
    What are you even doing
    (actually, I like Four Kings the most)
    You ENJOY the Four Kings?

    Do you like getting kicked by big scary black knights too?

    I can't stand Black Knights with Ultra Greatswords. I always have trouble for some reason.


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:35 pm

    Latitoast wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:Artorias.

    I have helped so many people with this guy, fighting him is like remembering the steps of a dance now. Everything is just memory, nothing more.
    Still the funnest fight
    What are you even doing
    (actually, I like Four Kings the most)
    You ENJOY the Four Kings?

    Do you like getting kicked by big scary black knights too?

    I can't stand Black Knights with Ultra Greatswords. I always have trouble for some reason.
    I parry BK's now.
    Story time:
    So I was going to gwyn and I kept dying to the BK on the bridge because I kept falling off
    And on this final try, I was like "*** it, YOLO" and I parried him
    I've parried BK's ever since.
    And yes, Four Kings has become my favourite fight ever since I finished my first SL 1 run.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Latitoast on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:37 pm

    You're a psychopath. You have to enjoy pain to like the Four Kings


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:38 pm

    Latitoast wrote:You're a psychopath. You have to enjoy pain to like the Four Kings
    I'm a masochist.
    Dost thou have a problem?


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Latitoast on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:40 pm

    The Four Kings are beyond pain.

    They are the meaning of torture.


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers


    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by User1 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:42 pm

    Correct. Dibs is just insane. It's why he was one of the original 3 insane.

    Sponsored content

    Re: What's the one enemy you still hate fighting?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 pm