Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Hugh_G_Johnson
Elifia
WandererReece
Nybbles
Xaelai
KeeperOfThe7Keys
General Bale
User1
Odinbear
DemonOfFate
gmwdim
Djem
Walter_White
Pilgrim34
Dibsville
Jester's Tears
XachAttack
lonewolf
Automancer
23 posters

Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify Empty Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:53 am

I recently witnessed something that was so disturbingly stupid I'll probably never forget it. I think it would have been pretty funny were it not for the fact that it basically wasted 5 minutes of my life for no good reason. Anyway, I just had to share it, if for no other reason than the therapeutic value. I didn't think it belonged in pvp tales because I was a white phantom at the time and there really isn't any pvp to speak of. So I decided to start a new thread to serve as a sort of Dark Souls blooper reel for all the boneheaded and bizarre things we've seen people do playing Dark Souls.

Without further ado:

I got summoned as a white at the last bonfire in Anor Londo, the host has a white with him. The three of us go downstairs and collect Havel's stuff then he tries to go through the locked shortcut. When we get invaded while going up the stairs, he goes back downstairs (even though there was no 'spawning sound' meaning the invader was either by the boss fog or on the roof) and basically looks under the furniture for the invader. Suddenly the host is circling around, apparently the invader unlocked the shortcut. The host charges forward through the door and I have to double time it to BS the first silver knight before he can land one of his own on the host. The red retreats and I dust off the second silver knight to make sure he can't be used against us later and give chase.

The red ducks into the titanite demon room. He stands in the open and gives me a Beckon. I get my bow out and suddenly he doesn't feel like gesturing anymore. I tried to shoot the titanite demon, no dice (even though the shot looks good on screen I hit the wall a foot from the doorway :evil: ). all of a sudden the host just charges straight into the room and engages the red straight up ignoring the giant demon directly to his right... ... ... 🇳🇴 Look Skyward I futilely attempted to provide cover fire. Though if it were possible I think I would have sent a CSS straight through the back of his head; that would have salvaged a second or two from what was an utter waste of time.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a mistake)
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify Empty Re: Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:13 am

Either the host is new to the game or he's just a plain imbecile. I suspect both. Oh, and he's bloodthirsty.

I can see a future ganker in him. Shrug
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:34 am

stupid host growing up to becoming a ganker of topp tier.Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify The_ga10
    (the gankers are spreading)^^
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:44 am

i've been invaded while in the middle of trying to kill that titanite demon, but at least i was smart enough to exit the room…not that it helped because the demon's next attack went straight through the wall, sweeping the entire hallway, killing myself and my phantom in one hit.

i'm sure the dark wraith thought it was very amusing.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Some guy in the arena tried to do the bow backstab glitch. Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify 2707236321

Yes, you read that right. We were in the Battle of Stoicism. He equiped a bow and circled around me just like BS fishers do. It was one of the many moments where I wish I had a capture card.

I don't know what's worse. The fact he tried to cheat by exploiting a glitch, or the fact he was too stupid to know it was already patched.

Then he tried to accuse me of hacking. lol!

Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify Implied-facepalm1
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:17 pm

that is so hilarius and stupidDumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify That_i10
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 pm

I can't tell you how many hosts I've seen do crap like this. I just facepalm and sigh heavily whenever it happens lol.

Kinda off topic, but Lonewolf, what are those pictures you keep putting in your posts? Looks kinda like a map, or a gear.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Sometimes i invade gankers, i seek cover in that room. There's always that akward stare because we Both know one of is ***, if one of us walks inside/outside the room.

Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:24 am

I once got summoned to Undead Parish (Gargoyles).

The host decided that he was going to full-on dash up to the Channeller's room (without killing him first!).

He proceeds to step in there, get hit by several zombies before he backs out. We kill the zombies and then he decides he's going to go balls-first and charge the Channeller.

He lasted like.....5 seconds.

The sad part? First thing I did after getting summoned (once I heard the channeller's chanting), was I stepped behind a pillar and started shooting arrows at the channeller. The host didn't give me time to kill the stupid thing, he just ran right up the stairs and almost got ran through by the side-sword knight.

Oi.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:26 am

Look Skyward
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:30 am

This game ain't fer casuls. Charging into an enemy mob in DkS is one of the worst things you can do. Kappa.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:32 am

XachAttack wrote:I can't tell you how many hosts I've seen do crap like this. I just facepalm and sigh heavily whenever it happens lol.

Kinda off topic, but Lonewolf, what are those pictures you keep putting in your posts? Looks kinda like a map, or a gear.
    they are gallifreyan and it is not maps they are sentances that are hidden.
    I will tell their secrets if i am asked about them.
    BTW thare are no C or numbers in there.
    your screen name. Remember no Cs are there so i used K instead.

Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify Xakhat10
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:04 am

I invaded this guy in Anor Londo, and he did nothing but spam Emit Force. I was thinking, "Yeah that's a great idea. Spam the most obvious ranged spell in the game." Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify 2707236321 Obviously I killed him.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:20 pm

I had someone spam regular force on me in the Township once, we weren't even near any ledges or anything. After he had exhausted his stock of force I downed him with one WoG but it really pained me to do so :roll:
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:all of a sudden the host just charges straight into the room and engages the red straight up ignoring the giant demon directly to his right... ... ... 🇳🇴 Dumb Souls: Prepare to Stupify 2707236321 I futilely attempted to provide cover fire. Though if it were possible I think I would have sent a CSS straight through the back of his head; that would have salvaged a second or two from what was an utter waste of time.

The host first inside is indeed a bad idea. When i am the white phantom i do go inside and hope that the second white follows me and hosts stays outside to estus us. My first try is a roll-BS on the Invader, if this works out the first hit of the demon won't hit me and if everything works out the 2nd white distracts the demon, so i can finish the Invader. Done that more than once and it works, if everybody knows what to do.

But when invading there and getting ganked, i also love to stay in the room with my big friend waiting for them to leave to the great hall, where i can perhaps get them in the fight with the sentinels. Most won't try to go inside...but it's viable to go inside when ganking
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:57 am

Last night I had another encounter in the titanite demon room of Anor Londo. This time as a blue. I had spawned by the boss fog and couldn't get to the bonfire before the host summoned help. I decided to try and take the host out quick while they were engaging the silver knight in the room with the silver knight gear. I came close, but when the host went to heal the phantom chased me off. I retreated and was going to reassess, but the host decided to chase. He's flipping so knowing I can't outrun him and not wanting to gank myself I ducked into the titanite demon room.

I started kicking myself when I realized I just set myself up for a prolonged stalemate, though. When I got in and turned around though, nobody was there. So, I went to make a break for the sentinel room and the host shows up. And he did the same thing the host in the OP did. He ran straight in the room and to the wall, that seemed weird -- like he knew he was there, but came in anyway. Perhaps he wanted the phantom to follow, but he was nowhere to be found. The host appeared to realize his mistake rather quickly and tried to escape, but I cut him off from the exit and my faceless friend and I finished him off. The host also deserves some recognition, because he went from the one chasing me off to showing up after the host was dead. He must have went back down the stairs and engaged the second silver knight... while the host ran past him to chase me. Look Skyward
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:00 pm

I really really don't know why everybody wants to melee the stupid titanite demon in AL.

Seriously.

There's a blacksmith right next door that sells an infinite supply of arrows, a short bow is really not that hard to get and very few classes can't use it automatically, and it doesn't take That many arrows to kill him, and if you shoot him from the balcony above, you are in absolutely zero danger of ever getting hit, and you can do this while in hollow form so you can't get invaded.

Then when you actually decide that you want to clear the place and/or kill O&S, you can then turn yourself human, summon helper(s), and the stupid demon would be dead already and if you get invaded, that's one less danger you have to worry about.

But then I suppose that takes actual logic and brains, and this thread _is_ about those who lack both.
    KeeperOfThe7Keys

Post by KeeperOfThe7Keys Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Xaelai wrote:you are in absolutely zero danger of ever getting hit

Oh the fun I've had in Dark Souls while being in absolutely no danger.

OH WAIT.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Right, so I was helping out as a white phantom at Gargoyles, and 1 of those damn griefers invades. The moment the griefer sees that we outnumber him 3vs1, he runs away, to the Gargoyles fog. By the time we get to the ladders, he's already been up there for a while. So what does the host do? Climb right up there, not a moment of hesitation. Great Chaos Fireball, host is dead.
    Look Skyward
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Xaelai wrote:I really really don't know why everybody wants to melee the stupid titanite demon in AL.

Seriously.

There's a blacksmith right next door that sells an infinite supply of arrows, a short bow is really not that hard to get and very few classes can't use it automatically, and it doesn't take That many arrows to kill him, and if you shoot him from the balcony above, you are in absolutely zero danger of ever getting hit, and you can do this while in hollow form so you can't get invaded.

Then when you actually decide that you want to clear the place and/or kill O&S, you can then turn yourself human, summon helper(s), and the stupid demon would be dead already and if you get invaded, that's one less danger you have to worry about.

But then I suppose that takes actual logic and brains, and this thread _is_ about those who lack both.

Yeah, but that would make things too easy. You have to know that most of the Dark Souls community is made up of masochists.
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Just got summoned by this guy in Parish.

Full Chain Mail (ugh!), drake sword, bow, and knight shield. I don't think he could even roll; he never once actually ran; he was just slowly walking along. I heard the "summon" noise of us being invaded and the message said we were being invaded, and he proceeds to pull the two (yes, he shot at the closest one) balder knights in the main room of the church, even after the invasion happened.

We manage to kill the two balder knights before the invader comes down, and thankfully the invader seems more interested in me than the host (probably because she knew the host was a wimp due to his over-encumberance). The host and I managed to whittle her down, but then she breaks off and runs up the stairs and hides behind the side-sword knight and uses a humanity. What does the Host do? He runs right up there after her and ends up trying to take both the knight and her on at the same time.

I manage to slip past the host... just in time to eat a thrust from the knight. I never saw if the host died in the fight or not, but the same host summoned me about 10min later so I assume he died too.

Try #2, Mr. No-Roll summons me again, and we eventually (albeit sloooooooowly) make it up to the boss. No cutscene which means he has died on this guy (I wonder why...).

We get the first gargoyle down to 25% left and he just stands there and takes 3 hits in a row from the gargoyle instead of actually trying to avoid or recover his stamina and then he dies.

Ran out of time due to RL and logged off.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Well that's pretty bad but it's not the worst I've seen. I've seen hosts get eaten by the mimic chests in Anor Londo.. I've seen hosts jump right between the two giant sentinels to chase an invader. I've seen hosts run into the lava in the centipede demon room and immediately die. And of course, all of our buddies who don't know about the covenant of Artorias and suicide-jump into the Abyss.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:43 pm

gmwdim wrote:Well that's pretty bad but it's not the worst I've seen. I've seen hosts get eaten by the mimic chests in Anor Londo.. I've seen hosts jump right between the two giant sentinels to chase an invader. I've seen hosts run into the lava in the centipede demon room and immediately die. And of course, all of our buddies who don't know about the covenant of Artorias and suicide-jump into the Abyss.

Lol, that happened to me a couple times on my Smough build, but i was the one who summoned. Neither of my summons had it on, so i had to beat the four kings with my mighty hammer, i did beat them though, i just tanked everything. Shrug
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:00 am

Xaelai wrote:I really really don't know why everybody wants to melee the stupid titanite demon in AL.

Seriously.

Let me guess. You're one of those people who use the Black Bow + Hawk Ring AI exploit all the time, right?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:00 am

WandererReece wrote:

Seriously.

Let me guess. You're one of those people who use the Black Bow + Hawk Ring AI exploit, right?
    That combo is OP as hell.
    Hitting 500s at close range.
    God damn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm