Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+50
SirArchmage
Hatsune Miku
Halicarnassis
Rynn
GenericUsername
Onion Knight
Marino.
Conrack
ResIsBestStat
EverlastingRat
Ezlare
Johnthethird
hey its andres
Zeta Prime
nsane32
Reaperfan
XachAttack
Jester's Tears
ADirtySlate
Latitoast
Forum Pirate
skarekrow13
Virulas
WaLKA
Mr. Tart
Carphil
BeeSeaEss
EeAyEss
swordiris
255gecko
Serious_Much
OmegaX105
tinypantha
The Letter X
User1
VaDoom
Hue
AnCapaillMor
BIG TIME MASTER
Noob-of-Artorias
DemonOfFate
Flankydizzle
GrinTwist
RANT
Tchuwib
Tolvo
Dibsville
KrazykevS10
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Soris Ice Goldwing
54 posters

The story behind your username

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The story behind your username - Page 3 Empty Re: The story behind your username

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Huh. I take it you're not into MMOs then?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

The story behind your username - Page 3 Empty Re: The story behind your username

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:Huh. I take it you're not into MMOs then?
    Runescape
    Best MMO there is
    And by best I mean 7 years ago
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:35 pm

MMORPG's were my favorite games to play until I picked up Dark Souls.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Gotcha. Which one did you play the longest?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Maplestory - I am very ashamed of it, but I was addicted to that game for 6 or 7 years. I stopped about a year ago.

My favorite MMO was Champions Online, the customization in that game is incredible. The subscription and Dark Souls turned me away from it, though.
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:48 pm

WaLKa's the guy that made me get xbox live in the first place. silly
    Virulas
    Virulas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Virulas Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:09 am

Virulas was the name of my undead death knight on a WoW private server and i just decided to keep rolling with the name..

you gotta admit it does sound pretty cool
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 am

Interesting thread fo' shizzle.....

Mine is a long one:
    Back in elementary school there was a girl that I was pretty good friends with. We had a house fire that resulted in a move to a nearby town. A couple years later, she moved too, and we were back in school together. One day in science class we're talking out of the blue and she said I looked like a scarecrow. Ordinarily, calling a male uncannily thin and tall (I was already at my max height of 6ft. and weighed about 140lbs at the time) isn't a compliment but I knew her well enough to assume differently. Due to a common first name I was always called by my three syllable long, Polish derived last name which isn't much of a nickname. So basically, this old friend gives me my first real nickname after going all the way into high school without one.

Soon after I started doing professional wrestling and went with Skarekrow since it fit my look and persona for the ring. There's also some pretty twisted versions of scarecrows in various stories which adds to the allure (like my buddies in Dark Souls).

13 is just because it's my favorite number and sometimes just Skarekrow is taken. I like to root for the underdogs (I'm a Bills fan after all.....hiiiii yoooo) and I also would be the first person to die in a horror movie since my first reaction to strange noises etc. is to go look. I've carried the moniker over to my website (long abandoned), my primary PSN and my gamertag.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:29 pm

It started as a joke. A friend of mine decided that, because wikipedia knows everything, it would eventually become self aware and try to take over the world. Several things would fight it. A self aware Face book, microsoft and viacom would fight it and each other for world dominance, so we proposed the formation of the "Internet Forum Pirates" to combat the AI/corprate threat, saving and using the information contained by sites like wikipedia against the warring parties to ensure freedom and survival.

Internet Forum Pirate is too long for most places, thus I became Forum Pirate.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Latios is my favorite pokemon

My friend called it a Latitoast one day.

The name stuck until the end of time.
    ADirtySlate
    ADirtySlate
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ADirtySlate Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:45 pm

I chose this name as an antithesis to the phrase "Starting off with a clean slate," basically saying that what's done is done and it's a part of who I am now.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:52 pm

From now on I shall call you: "Tabula Immunda"

Edit: Although I might use DJ T.I. McAwesomeTab for short
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:18 pm

My shorthand name seems to be RC. I also get called Casulus Minimus. I have no idea why I am called these names. silly
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 pm

I've always loved Jesters since i'm quite the Trickster myself. (Arguably <_< ) and how ridiculousy they dress.

The ''Jester's Tears'' part is sorta a lie. Since Jesters liked to trick others, their tears (could) were simply (be) lies. It goes along with my personality, where i'll lie my way to something i want. It's bad BUT WHO IS PERFECT? 🤡

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:20 pm

I used a plethora of names for quite a while, then one day I noticed how Zach ryhmes with Attack and used that for a bit. Then after playing Kingdom Hearts II, I liked how an X at the start of something had the Z sound, and so....boom.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:43 pm

<3 Kingdom Hearts II
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Mine has been my constant online persona ever since my first Runescape account some 10-odd years ago. At the time, I wanted a name that didn't have a bunch of nonsense numbers after it because I thought those looked bad when tacked onto a name (I still do), so I went on weird thought tangents based on TV shows I liked at the time to come up with something that would probably be unique. So from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, it went something like this:

1. The Grim Reaper is my favorite character.
    2. I am a fan of the Grim Reaper.
    3. I am a fan of the Reaper.
    4. I am a Reaper fan.
    5. I am Reaperfan.

The reality is that I've just been too lazy to come up with something else since then. My justification for this laziness is that I like that it removes a small portion of my anonymity from the internet. I've never liked people who hide under the veil of being online as a way to act differently, so it's kind of a way to make sure I'm always myself even in online interactions. There are at least 3 other Reaperfans I've seen online so there's no guarantee, but if you see a Reaperfan somewhere else on the internet, it's probably me happy
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:04 pm

I wish I was blessed with the first two Kingdom Hearts games.

Instead I get 358/2

:/
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:21 pm

during my military career saved 6 soldiers with a 20 man body count in about 15 minutes
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 pm

nsane32 wrote:during my military career saved 6 soldiers with a 20 man body count in about 15 minutes

So they called you insane?
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:38 pm

nsane32 wrote:during my military career saved 6 soldiers with a 20 man body count in about 15 minutes
    Is your name Alvin York by any chance?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:38 pm

The story behind your username - Page 3 639795459 Closest thing to a salute. A proud man is the one who risk his life to save his comrades!
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:17 pm

i got crystal version when it came out, i was around 6 years old. i got the game and picked the water alligator pokemon. then i caught a pidgey and released my alligator....gg. While on my journey with pidgey i found a lonely poliwag. we grew together and soon he became my greatest ally, getting me through the game. he soon became my favorite pokemon as we rose as champions together. plus he looks super cool and is a bipedal frog with watermellon sized fists. tongue
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:27 pm

Freshmen year of high school I would always hear my friend approaching because she always said "Hey it's Andres!!" and I liked the sound of that and so ever since then that's been my username for everything. Kind of nostalgic in a weird way tongue . Anyways, it's never taken when I need to sign up for something so that's another plus silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Reaperfan wrote:Mine has been my constant online persona ever since my first Runescape account some 10-odd years ago. At the time, I wanted a name that didn't have a bunch of nonsense numbers after it because I thought those looked bad when tacked onto a name (I still do), so I went on weird thought tangents based on TV shows I liked at the time to come up with something that would probably be unique. So from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, it went something like this:

1. The Grim Reaper is my favorite character.
    2. I am a fan of the Grim Reaper.
    3. I am a fan of the Reaper.
    4. I am a Reaper fan.
    5. I am Reaperfan.

The reality is that I've just been too lazy to come up with something else since then. My justification for this laziness is that I like that it removes a small portion of my anonymity from the internet. I've never liked people who hide under the veil of being online as a way to act differently, so it's kind of a way to make sure I'm always myself even in online interactions. There are at least 3 other Reaperfans I've seen online so there's no guarantee, but if you see a Reaperfan somewhere else on the internet, it's probably me happy

this is one of the bests usernames histories. Now that you posted, I remember another thread with this same topic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:12 am