Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Invisible Homing Crystal Soulmass Defenses?

hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Invisible Homing Crystal Soulmass Defenses? Empty Invisible Homing Crystal Soulmass Defenses?

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:48 am

Yes, it's out there and I've found out how to do it. Don't ask because I am not spreading that s***. I just want to know if anyone else has encountered it and/or knows a good way to tell if it is up (other than Great Magic Barrier). You'll know if it has happened to you because you'll see the animation for the hit without being hit by anything, and it could easily be mistaken for hacks, but it isn't.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Invisible Homing Crystal Soulmass Defenses? Empty Re: Invisible Homing Crystal Soulmass Defenses?

Post by GrinTwist Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:56 am

I think this may have happened to me a while ago, I had my crest shield up the whole time and still died by it though.

I really don't know to be completely honest.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Invisible Homing Crystal Soulmass Defenses? Empty Re: Invisible Homing Crystal Soulmass Defenses?

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:59 am

Well did you get hit by something invisible that did a lot of damage? You'll know because the animation for the crystals breaking still shows even though there is no crystals.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:03 am

Yes and by massive damage it took off over a quarter of my health. Mainly because I had low magic defense to begin with but I thought the crest shield would shave a little more damage off of getting directly hit by it.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 am

Yeah then that's what this was. Thankfully this glitch isn't as widespread as the method to induce it is ridiculously easy :|
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:06 am

Good, I hope it stays unnoticed by the majority of players. Such power cannot fall into the hands of the immortal undead gankers.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:13 am

Just be careful if you invade and see the host standing with the crown of dusk, and just waiting for you.

Whenever I invade now, I'm very suspicious when I see that the Crown of Dusk on :suspect:
    The only person that I've seen that I can tell knowingly did this was my friend when we were testing it. It's so easy that some people might do it on accident so don't be quick to judge either. This is just one of those things. Look Skyward
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:16 am

It can't be done intentionally unless you're CONSTATLY casting the spell. I've explained how to do it before on my stream because I've unintentionally done it to a lotta people before. Pretty much, if you cast homing soul mass before you get invaded (Before they even connect you your world) it's invisible on the other players screen. They completely can't see it.

The best defense is to roll the very first time you enter the range of a homing soul mass, causing it to miss. It'll probably hit you the very first time you invade, just keep in mind they might be unintentionally exploiting it the next time you invade them.

I exploited this glitch for 7 months before I knew it existed.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:17 am

I was quick to judge the second time I invaded a mage with the exact same set of armor. I bum-rushed them and spammed the 2H R1 on the falchion till they were dead. I didn't realize I killed the wrong guy because I was so nervous about what they were doing because they were in that same position as the first guy.

Just standing there, right at the bonfire... waiting...

I felt bad, when I got a message calling me unfair for not bowing.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 am

I don't blame you for being edgy about it, Grin. I feel bad because I've been reporting people thinking that it was some sort of god hack. Rynn I'd watch your post as I don't want any guests stumbling upon it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 am

I refuse to watch my post, sorry, but I feel it's better people know how to do it so they can avoid doing it. It's very difficult to exploit, even intentionally.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:40 am

Are you kidding? Something that simple can be easily exploited, especially at lower levels in the forest. Imagine every invader dying instantly from something they can't see. I hardly see how this is difficult to exploit. I agree that people should avoid doing it, but as mentioned, I hardly ever run into people that do this more than once. Therefore, it's not an issue as long as no one else finds out about it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:53 am

In order to exploit this you must cast a spell that only lasts one minute 30 seconds before a person invades your world. This includes connecting to the world, which takes about 10 seconds. This only leaves at best a 20 second window during which you have an invisible spell. If the person isn't near you when you spawn, your spell is incredibly likely to wear off before you get to do it. Furthermore, after you've done it even once your opponents will dodge it in the future.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:00 am

It's very easy to time when you will get invaded. Even then the time mechanic does not create a deterrent for the determined. Also it is very likely to fall for it multiple times due to the belief that it is hacks or lag.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:50 am

If one believes it a hack and still does nothing to avoid it, they are stupid. If one believes it is lag, they should not fall for it more then twice before anticipating it in future battles with that player.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:33 am

Lag spikers using magic makes this unpredictable. And considering this happens to me quite a bit, I can't honestly make a judgement.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:58 pm

There are just way to many ways for people to take advantage of this. Yes it is easy to avoid, but you have to know that they are doing it in the first place, and even if they get you once or twice then they have already made a good amount of souls off of you as a host.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:59 pm

I find HCSM, Pursuers, and Dark Bead are so overused in PvP now, when the caster is not spiking, they're just ridiculously easy to avoid. I just simply don't see why they're used anymore, when taking into consideration how often they are used, and how predictable the users are.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:02 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I find HCSM, Pursuers, and Dark Bead are so overused in PvP now, when the caster is not spiking, they're just ridiculously easy to avoid. I just simply don't see why they're used anymore, when taking into consideration how often they are used, and how predictable the users are.
    You've watched me PvP, right?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Alone, yes they are horrible, but there true shine comes when they are followed up by well timed attack. A well timed DB after sending your pursuers is pretty deadly.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Rynn wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:I find HCSM, Pursuers, and Dark Bead are so overused in PvP now, when the caster is not spiking, they're just ridiculously easy to avoid. I just simply don't see why they're used anymore, when taking into consideration how often they are used, and how predictable the users are.
    You've watched me PvP, right?
    Yes, Rynn, I have. I didn't literally mean everyone. I've seen you time your casting more than others. But, never forget this: I still beat you. silly
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Occasionally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm