Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
aceluby
DxV04
Carphil
WyrmHero
callipygias
befowler
WarriorOfSunlight
DarkMoonKro
12 posters

Dark Souls Covenant Updates

DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Dark Souls Covenant Updates Empty Dark Souls Covenant Updates

Post by DarkMoonKro Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Me and a few of my friends were talking about our favorite Dark Souls Covenants today and we came up with a few pretty cool ideas(methinks) I'd like some opinions on them ^^

Way of White: Meh. We forgot this one even existed at first. No new ideas.

Gravelord Servant:
    1) It'd be cool if you could actually see how your Red Phantoms are doing in the other player's world and what the infected player is doing.

2) Along with the red phantoms of normal monsters, they also summon skeletons who respawn until the necromancer is killed, unless killed with a holy weapon.

Path of Dragons: Give them a red eye orb-type item that allows them to invade anyone holding a dragon scale.

Chaos Servant:
    1)Give them a red eye orb-type item and a special weapon that allows them to infect the player with eggs upon contact(either a certain amount of damage or a bar like poison or bleed) and they gain humanity and leave the world once they infect the player.

2)While they're in someone else's world, they automatically steal 50,100,200(depending on covenant level) souls per minute from the host until the host is soulless.

Sunbros: Pretty solid. Give them access to bountiful and refreshing SUNLIGHT spells.

Darkwraith: Meh.

Dark Moon Blade: Have them able to invade sinners MORE EASILY and have a ring that allows them to invade worlds who were invaded by Darkwraiths as a sort of "Anti-Darkwraith" phantom. They get their prizes and leave as soon as the Darkwraith leaves(so they can't help with bosses)

Forest Covenant: Have them able to be summoned to other parts of the forest.

Princess Guard: Give them a ring that allows them to be automatically summoned to other people's worlds(or just other princess guards' worlds).

Priscilla's Covenant: This would be f***ing awesome to have.
    So yea. Whaddya think?

Last edited by DarkMoonKro on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:22 am; edited 3 times in total
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls Covenant Updates Empty Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:40 pm

For the Forest Covenent, I think that would be pretty rough on new or more inexperienced players, a lot of people go to the moonlight butterfly early on in their play throughs.
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkMoonKro Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:42 pm

WarriorOfSunlight wrote:For the Forest Covenent, I think that would be pretty rough on new or more inexperienced players, a lot of people go to the moonlight butterfly early on in their play throughs.

But it's also an optional boss.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 pm

I think there's enough pvp as it is at the moment, I prefered Demon's Souls layout for online interaction but that's just my opinion don't eat me or anything.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Some of the covenants do seem half baked.

WoW: Have a permanent holy aura that causes slow damage to any "evil" phantoms they encounter (darkwraiths etc)

DMB: Using blue eye stone should give them a list of all (or maybe top 5-10) invadeable sinners in that area atm, ranked by total sin, and then an option to choose the one you want to punish. Alternately you can just choose a random invasion per normal.

Sunbros: As a summon, have a permanent light effect like the sunlight maggot

Darkwraiths: As a summon, have a permanent dark aura that makes the surrounding area like Tomb of the Giants.

Princess Guard: Female characters in this covenant receive much larger boobs, ensuring its popularity for the entire playerbase
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkMoonKro Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:59 pm

befowler wrote:Some of the covenants do seem half baked.

WoW: Have a permanent holy aura that causes slow damage to any "evil" phantoms they encounter (darkwraiths etc)

DMB: Using blue eye stone should give them a list of all (or maybe top 5-10) invadeable sinners in that area atm, ranked by total sin, and then an option to choose the one you want to punish. Alternately you can just choose a random invasion per normal.

Darkwraiths: As a summon, have a permanent dark aura that makes the surrounding area like Tomb of the Giants.

Princess Guard: Female characters in this covenant receive much larger boobs, ensuring its popularity for the entire playerbase

Heheh....boobies...-w-
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:00 pm

DarkMoonKro wrote:Dark Moon Blade: have a ring that allows them to invade worlds who were invaded by Darkwraiths as a sort of "Anti-Darkwraith" phantom. They get their prizes and leave as soon as the Darkwraith leaves(so they can't help with bosses)

I love this idea. Especially if I get invaded when I'm not geared up for it. The invader would come charging me all pvp-ready, I could just stand there and say, "Hey, fella, who's that coming up behind you?"
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkMoonKro Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:06 pm

callipygias wrote:
    DarkMoonKro wrote:Dark Moon Blade: have a ring that allows them to invade worlds who were invaded by Darkwraiths as a sort of "Anti-Darkwraith" phantom. They get their prizes and leave as soon as the Darkwraith leaves(so they can't help with bosses)

I love this idea. Especially if I get invaded when I'm not geared up for it. The invader would come charging me all pvp-ready, I could just stand there and say, "Hey, fella, who's that coming up behind you?"

Exactly right? There's already that weird glitch where Dark Moon Blader's get summoned as friendly phantoms which was the inspiration for this idea. And how psyched would you be if you were invaded by a min/maxer that's way out of your league and while you're running away you get a message saying something like "A destroyer of sinners is approaching".
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm

You forgot that way of white helps noobs get fewer invasions from griefers. They cant get another covenant until daughter of chaos, and some cant be sunbros because of 25 faith.

Edit: Priscillas covenant would be extremely awesome, I was thinking the other day "There has to be a secret covenant with Priscilla" but I think it would be like the Darkmoons on Dark Anor Londo.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Priscilla cov could give spells or help spellcasters in some way
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:36 pm

when you reach rank +3 in the gravelord you get another miracle. The ability to summon a powerful black phantom NPC of the area. For example, in the butterfly forest you could summon and stone giant to be your body guard. In the Alvina Forest a parent mushroom and a child mushroom. In the Parish a Balder Knight.

Also, It should spawn BP in 10 worlds not 3. And I like the idea of a soul drain on the infected. So I am infected I look at my souls and they are decreasing at a rate of 50 souls per minute. This would prevent people from ignoring the sign hehe.

I like the idea of princess guard to be summonable by other princess guards members. Instant co op. For way of white, i would increase the availability of resonance rings and their power. Way of White, Sunbro should also be able to instant summon princess guard if they are wearing a specific ring.

I like the other ideas very much. Oh and princess guards should get a nice booty too. Praise the Sun
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 pm

DarkMoonKro wrote:
    WarriorOfSunlight wrote:For the Forest Covenent, I think that would be pretty rough on new or more inexperienced players, a lot of people go to the moonlight butterfly early on in their play throughs.

Sort of... the catacombs are mighty difficult w/out a divine weapon and the ember is after the boss.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 pm

DarkMoonKro wrote:

Heheh....boobies...-w-

So immature >.>

I'm just here to be helpful. By the way, don't give my miracles away to sunbros. It is what separates us so. Like the invading world as co-op player idea, though. And the rank 3 summon BP one. Cool.
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkMoonKro Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 am

aceluby wrote:
    DarkMoonKro wrote:

Sort of... the catacombs are mighty difficult w/out a divine weapon and the ember is after the boss.

Hmm...Well you have a point. but then again, I thought that you shouldn't even go into the catacombs until after Anor Londo. I thought the whole point to that place was to be strong enough to be able to put down the skeletons enough times until you reach the necromancer.
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkMoonKro Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:17 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:
    DarkMoonKro wrote:

Heheh....boobies...-w-

So immature >.>

I'm just here to be helpful. By the way, don't give my miracles away to sunbros. It is what separates us so. Like the invading world as co-op player idea, though. And the rank 3 summon BP one. Cool.

Oh shush. don't act like your a boobie hater. And hypothetically, if there was an update where all of this was implemented, the Princess Guard will lose their signature healing spells, but gain their signature ability to be summoned automatically and most efficiently to other people's worlds.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:25 am

DarkMoonKro wrote:Priscilla's Covenant: This would be f***ing awesome to have.
    So yea. Whaddya think?

F***ing awesome is what I think just on that suggestion.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 am

pricillas should have a mist spell (falls from tip of catalyst in a pool around you? or other animation) (like the blue death mist she uses) and a true invisibility spell (no targeting), also a unique 400 bleed weapon at max cov level would suggest a hand sickle or barbed chain whip with unique move set.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 am

ok 2 things... 1. from wt i see y dont like us darkwraiths n i respect your opinion but the thing with invading the world of some1 invaded by a darkwraith is fu***** stupid the darkwraith invasion hv no upper limit so 90% of the time we hv to face some1 at least 50 sl higher i myself invade invade people 100-500 sl higher i even invaded a 711 once so the idea of a darkmoons and host n 50% of time a phantom is stupid...but thats just my oppinion... 2. the priscilla cov is a grate idea i think it should use bleed based spells n buffs also increase the bleed of all weapons depending on yr cov lv +100,+200,+300 also hv an item called the white orb which allows you to invade the worlds of people that killed priscilla n a ring to invade people in painted n get cool armour n the dagger on lv2-3 the armour should hv some bleed based effect
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:12 am

DarkMoonKro wrote:

Hmm...Well you have a point. but then again, I thought that you shouldn't even go into the catacombs until after Anor Londo. I thought the whole point to that place was to be strong enough to be able to put down the skeletons enough times until you reach the necromancer.

To each their own... I always figured the whole point was to understand that Divine weapons kill them for good. I think both are valid ways to approach the catacombs.
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkMoonKro Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:15 am

aceluby wrote:
    DarkMoonKro wrote:

To each their own... I always figured the whole point was to understand that Divine weapons kill them for good. I think both are valid ways to approach the catacombs.

To be honest, your method seems much more elegant though ^^;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am