Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Share
    avatar
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 22
    Location : Dark Moon Basin

    Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by DarkMoonKro on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 pm

    Me and a few of my friends were talking about our favorite Dark Souls Covenants today and we came up with a few pretty cool ideas(methinks) I'd like some opinions on them ^^

    Way of White: Meh. We forgot this one even existed at first. No new ideas.

    Gravelord Servant:
    1) It'd be cool if you could actually see how your Red Phantoms are doing in the other player's world and what the infected player is doing.

    2) Along with the red phantoms of normal monsters, they also summon skeletons who respawn until the necromancer is killed, unless killed with a holy weapon.

    Path of Dragons: Give them a red eye orb-type item that allows them to invade anyone holding a dragon scale.

    Chaos Servant:
    1)Give them a red eye orb-type item and a special weapon that allows them to infect the player with eggs upon contact(either a certain amount of damage or a bar like poison or bleed) and they gain humanity and leave the world once they infect the player.

    2)While they're in someone else's world, they automatically steal 50,100,200(depending on covenant level) souls per minute from the host until the host is soulless.

    Sunbros: Pretty solid. Give them access to bountiful and refreshing SUNLIGHT spells.

    Darkwraith: Meh.

    Dark Moon Blade: Have them able to invade sinners MORE EASILY and have a ring that allows them to invade worlds who were invaded by Darkwraiths as a sort of "Anti-Darkwraith" phantom. They get their prizes and leave as soon as the Darkwraith leaves(so they can't help with bosses)

    Forest Covenant: Have them able to be summoned to other parts of the forest.

    Princess Guard: Give them a ring that allows them to be automatically summoned to other people's worlds(or just other princess guards' worlds).

    Priscilla's Covenant: This would be f***ing awesome to have.
    So yea. Whaddya think?



    Last edited by DarkMoonKro on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:22 am; edited 3 times in total


    _________________
    Sentinel of Moonlight.
    avatar
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 260
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Location : In Nostalgia Land.

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by WarriorOfSunlight on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:40 pm

    For the Forest Covenent, I think that would be pretty rough on new or more inexperienced players, a lot of people go to the moonlight butterfly early on in their play throughs.


    _________________
    Don't bother contacting me, you won't get a response.
    Nobody will ever change my opinion, so don't even try getting on your high horse. Basically stick your pretentiousness where the sun don't shine. Thanks.
    avatar
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 22
    Location : Dark Moon Basin

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by DarkMoonKro on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:42 pm

    WarriorOfSunlight wrote:For the Forest Covenent, I think that would be pretty rough on new or more inexperienced players, a lot of people go to the moonlight butterfly early on in their play throughs.

    But it's also an optional boss.


    _________________
    Sentinel of Moonlight.
    avatar
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 260
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Location : In Nostalgia Land.

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by WarriorOfSunlight on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 pm

    I think there's enough pvp as it is at the moment, I prefered Demon's Souls layout for online interaction but that's just my opinion don't eat me or anything.


    _________________
    Don't bother contacting me, you won't get a response.
    Nobody will ever change my opinion, so don't even try getting on your high horse. Basically stick your pretentiousness where the sun don't shine. Thanks.
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by befowler on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:55 pm

    Some of the covenants do seem half baked.

    WoW: Have a permanent holy aura that causes slow damage to any "evil" phantoms they encounter (darkwraiths etc)

    DMB: Using blue eye stone should give them a list of all (or maybe top 5-10) invadeable sinners in that area atm, ranked by total sin, and then an option to choose the one you want to punish. Alternately you can just choose a random invasion per normal.

    Sunbros: As a summon, have a permanent light effect like the sunlight maggot

    Darkwraiths: As a summon, have a permanent dark aura that makes the surrounding area like Tomb of the Giants.

    Princess Guard: Female characters in this covenant receive much larger boobs, ensuring its popularity for the entire playerbase


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 22
    Location : Dark Moon Basin

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by DarkMoonKro on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:59 pm

    befowler wrote:Some of the covenants do seem half baked.

    WoW: Have a permanent holy aura that causes slow damage to any "evil" phantoms they encounter (darkwraiths etc)

    DMB: Using blue eye stone should give them a list of all (or maybe top 5-10) invadeable sinners in that area atm, ranked by total sin, and then an option to choose the one you want to punish. Alternately you can just choose a random invasion per normal.

    Sunbros: As a summon, have a permanent light effect like the sunlight maggot

    Darkwraiths: As a summon, have a permanent dark aura that makes the surrounding area like Tomb of the Giants.

    Princess Guard: Female characters in this covenant receive much larger boobs, ensuring its popularity for the entire playerbase


    Heheh....boobies...-w-


    _________________
    Sentinel of Moonlight.

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by callipygias on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:00 pm

    DarkMoonKro wrote:Dark Moon Blade: have a ring that allows them to invade worlds who were invaded by Darkwraiths as a sort of "Anti-Darkwraith" phantom. They get their prizes and leave as soon as the Darkwraith leaves(so they can't help with bosses)

    I love this idea. Especially if I get invaded when I'm not geared up for it. The invader would come charging me all pvp-ready, I could just stand there and say, "Hey, fella, who's that coming up behind you?"


    _________________
    XBL: callipygias33
    PSN: callipygias33


    "It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

    "Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

    "Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    avatar
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 22
    Location : Dark Moon Basin

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by DarkMoonKro on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:06 pm

    callipygias wrote:
    DarkMoonKro wrote:Dark Moon Blade: have a ring that allows them to invade worlds who were invaded by Darkwraiths as a sort of "Anti-Darkwraith" phantom. They get their prizes and leave as soon as the Darkwraith leaves(so they can't help with bosses)

    I love this idea. Especially if I get invaded when I'm not geared up for it. The invader would come charging me all pvp-ready, I could just stand there and say, "Hey, fella, who's that coming up behind you?"

    Exactly right? There's already that weird glitch where Dark Moon Blader's get summoned as friendly phantoms which was the inspiration for this idea. And how psyched would you be if you were invaded by a min/maxer that's way out of your league and while you're running away you get a message saying something like "A destroyer of sinners is approaching".


    _________________
    Sentinel of Moonlight.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by WyrmHero on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm

    You forgot that way of white helps noobs get fewer invasions from griefers. They cant get another covenant until daughter of chaos, and some cant be sunbros because of 25 faith.

    Edit: Priscillas covenant would be extremely awesome, I was thinking the other day "There has to be a secret covenant with Priscilla" but I think it would be like the Darkmoons on Dark Anor Londo.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by Carphil on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 pm

    Priscilla cov could give spells or help spellcasters in some way


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by DxV04 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:36 pm

    when you reach rank +3 in the gravelord you get another miracle. The ability to summon a powerful black phantom NPC of the area. For example, in the butterfly forest you could summon and stone giant to be your body guard. In the Alvina Forest a parent mushroom and a child mushroom. In the Parish a Balder Knight.

    Also, It should spawn BP in 10 worlds not 3. And I like the idea of a soul drain on the infected. So I am infected I look at my souls and they are decreasing at a rate of 50 souls per minute. This would prevent people from ignoring the sign hehe.

    I like the idea of princess guard to be summonable by other princess guards members. Instant co op. For way of white, i would increase the availability of resonance rings and their power. Way of White, Sunbro should also be able to instant summon princess guard if they are wearing a specific ring.

    I like the other ideas very much. Oh and princess guards should get a nice booty too. Praise the Sun
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by aceluby on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 pm

    DarkMoonKro wrote:
    WarriorOfSunlight wrote:For the Forest Covenent, I think that would be pretty rough on new or more inexperienced players, a lot of people go to the moonlight butterfly early on in their play throughs.

    But it's also an optional boss.

    Sort of... the catacombs are mighty difficult w/out a divine weapon and the ember is after the boss.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW

    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5753
    Reputation : 193
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by User on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 pm

    DarkMoonKro wrote:
    befowler wrote:Some of the covenants do seem half baked.

    WoW: Have a permanent holy aura that causes slow damage to any "evil" phantoms they encounter (darkwraiths etc)

    DMB: Using blue eye stone should give them a list of all (or maybe top 5-10) invadeable sinners in that area atm, ranked by total sin, and then an option to choose the one you want to punish. Alternately you can just choose a random invasion per normal.

    Sunbros: As a summon, have a permanent light effect like the sunlight maggot

    Darkwraiths: As a summon, have a permanent dark aura that makes the surrounding area like Tomb of the Giants.

    Princess Guard: Female characters in this covenant receive much larger boobs, ensuring its popularity for the entire playerbase


    Heheh....boobies...-w-

    So immature >.>

    I'm just here to be helpful. By the way, don't give my miracles away to sunbros. It is what separates us so. Like the invading world as co-op player idea, though. And the rank 3 summon BP one. Cool.
    avatar
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 22
    Location : Dark Moon Basin

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by DarkMoonKro on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 am

    aceluby wrote:
    DarkMoonKro wrote:
    WarriorOfSunlight wrote:For the Forest Covenent, I think that would be pretty rough on new or more inexperienced players, a lot of people go to the moonlight butterfly early on in their play throughs.

    But it's also an optional boss.

    Sort of... the catacombs are mighty difficult w/out a divine weapon and the ember is after the boss.

    Hmm...Well you have a point. but then again, I thought that you shouldn't even go into the catacombs until after Anor Londo. I thought the whole point to that place was to be strong enough to be able to put down the skeletons enough times until you reach the necromancer.


    _________________
    Sentinel of Moonlight.
    avatar
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 22
    Location : Dark Moon Basin

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by DarkMoonKro on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:17 am

    Acidic_Cook wrote:
    DarkMoonKro wrote:
    befowler wrote:Some of the covenants do seem half baked.

    WoW: Have a permanent holy aura that causes slow damage to any "evil" phantoms they encounter (darkwraiths etc)

    DMB: Using blue eye stone should give them a list of all (or maybe top 5-10) invadeable sinners in that area atm, ranked by total sin, and then an option to choose the one you want to punish. Alternately you can just choose a random invasion per normal.

    Sunbros: As a summon, have a permanent light effect like the sunlight maggot

    Darkwraiths: As a summon, have a permanent dark aura that makes the surrounding area like Tomb of the Giants.

    Princess Guard: Female characters in this covenant receive much larger boobs, ensuring its popularity for the entire playerbase


    Heheh....boobies...-w-

    So immature >.>

    I'm just here to be helpful. By the way, don't give my miracles away to sunbros. It is what separates us so. Like the invading world as co-op player idea, though. And the rank 3 summon BP one. Cool.

    Oh shush. don't act like your a boobie hater. And hypothetically, if there was an update where all of this was implemented, the Princess Guard will lose their signature healing spells, but gain their signature ability to be summoned automatically and most efficiently to other people's worlds.


    _________________
    Sentinel of Moonlight.
    avatar
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-25
    Location : America

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by Lancelot on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:25 am

    DarkMoonKro wrote:Priscilla's Covenant: This would be f***ing awesome to have.
    So yea. Whaddya think?

    F***ing awesome is what I think just on that suggestion.


    _________________

    PSN: iMugBabies
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 am

    pricillas should have a mist spell (falls from tip of catalyst in a pool around you? or other animation) (like the blue death mist she uses) and a true invisibility spell (no targeting), also a unique 400 bleed weapon at max cov level would suggest a hand sickle or barbed chain whip with unique move set.


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1093
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 105
    Location : Painted World, planting flowers...

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by Rin on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 am

    ok 2 things... 1. from wt i see y dont like us darkwraiths n i respect your opinion but the thing with invading the world of some1 invaded by a darkwraith is fu***** stupid the darkwraith invasion hv no upper limit so 90% of the time we hv to face some1 at least 50 sl higher i myself invade invade people 100-500 sl higher i even invaded a 711 once so the idea of a darkmoons and host n 50% of time a phantom is stupid...but thats just my oppinion... 2. the priscilla cov is a grate idea i think it should use bleed based spells n buffs also increase the bleed of all weapons depending on yr cov lv +100,+200,+300 also hv an item called the white orb which allows you to invade the worlds of people that killed priscilla n a ring to invade people in painted n get cool armour n the dagger on lv2-3 the armour should hv some bleed based effect


    _________________
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy none the less"
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by aceluby on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:12 am

    DarkMoonKro wrote:

    Hmm...Well you have a point. but then again, I thought that you shouldn't even go into the catacombs until after Anor Londo. I thought the whole point to that place was to be strong enough to be able to put down the skeletons enough times until you reach the necromancer.

    To each their own... I always figured the whole point was to understand that Divine weapons kill them for good. I think both are valid ways to approach the catacombs.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 22
    Location : Dark Moon Basin

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by DarkMoonKro on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:15 am

    aceluby wrote:
    DarkMoonKro wrote:

    Hmm...Well you have a point. but then again, I thought that you shouldn't even go into the catacombs until after Anor Londo. I thought the whole point to that place was to be strong enough to be able to put down the skeletons enough times until you reach the necromancer.

    To each their own... I always figured the whole point was to understand that Divine weapons kill them for good. I think both are valid ways to approach the catacombs.

    To be honest, your method seems much more elegant though ^^;


    _________________
    Sentinel of Moonlight.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dark Souls Covenant Updates

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 am