How do you start off a new character

    Share
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by Dibsville on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:39 pm

    hey its andres wrote:Well that's...thorough. +1 for Yui ❤
    I'm a perfectionist.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 23
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by hey its andres on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:51 pm

    I guess it really depends on the build. For some builds, it's best to do the bosses in order, but for others you need to fight everything all weird. It also depends on if you have a co-op buddy or not.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 207
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 33
    Location : Boston

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by jimmyc0341 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:44 am

    I know people hate on the Great Scythe, but I didn't even know it was OP when i first got it cuz I didn't really understand the parameter bonuses,stat buffs, builds, and part of me still doesn't get it all yet but I got it cuz it looked cool and it's the only weapon I'm any good with. Plus the reach is fantastic and not just for PvP, in game too


    _________________
    "The night is dark and full of terrors"


    -Courier for The Invader Trader Store of Wonders-

    Xbox GT: bostonmobb0341
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:09 am

    jimmyc0341 wrote:I know people hate on the Great Scythe, but I didn't even know it was OP when i first got it cuz I didn't really understand the parameter bonuses,stat buffs, builds, and part of me still doesn't get it all yet but I got it cuz it looked cool and it's the only weapon I'm any good with. Plus the reach is fantastic and not just for PvP, in game too
    Great Scythe honestly isn't that good, the thing is the bleed puts so much pressure on someone that they make mistakes VERY easily.
    It's not like a Katana, the scythe can actually dead angle and is MUCH harder to parry (in my opinion), so if you're not completely comfortable taking 600-1.4k damage, you're pretty much fighting a losing battle.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by callipygias on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:39 pm

    It's like a contest to see who can be the most insanely overpowered. I just play normal, for the most part, though sometimes I'll run grab the Firekeeper Soul from NLR.
    I don't stand much of a chance in this contest, do I?
    Oh, also sometimes I run down for the Rite of Kindling. The Pinwheel fight can actually be fun and challenging if you run there straightaway with your starting weapon. Takes a while to kill him, and they can 2-shot you.


    _________________
    XBL: callipygias33
    PSN: callipygias33


    "It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

    "Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

    "Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by LunarFog on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 pm

    1.) Go through Anor Londo as quickly as possible

    2.) Farm Forest invaders til I have enough souls to level up to 99 and buy everything I need to

    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by Latitoast on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:39 am

    Dibsville wrote:
    jimmyc0341 wrote:I know people hate on the Great Scythe, but I didn't even know it was OP when i first got it cuz I didn't really understand the parameter bonuses,stat buffs, builds, and part of me still doesn't get it all yet but I got it cuz it looked cool and it's the only weapon I'm any good with. Plus the reach is fantastic and not just for PvP, in game too
    Great Scythe honestly isn't that good, the thing is the bleed puts so much pressure on someone that they make mistakes VERY easily.
    It's not like a Katana, the scythe can actually dead angle and is MUCH harder to parry (in my opinion), so if you're not completely comfortable taking 600-1.4k damage, you're pretty much fighting a losing battle.
    Never was a fan of dead angles.

    My poor, poor shotel has no use in the world when dead angles exist.


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers

    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by Jansports on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:51 am

    Dibsville wrote:
    Great Scythe honestly isn't that good, the thing is the bleed puts so much pressure on someone that they make mistakes VERY easily.
    It's not like a Katana, the scythe can actually dead angle and is MUCH harder to parry (in my opinion), so if you're not completely comfortable taking 600-1.4k damage, you're pretty much fighting a losing battle.

    So it's bleed puts out lots of pressure, it does high damage, can dead angle and is hard to parry. Also has like one of the top 3 running attacks 2h

    But it isn't that good?
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 23
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by hey its andres on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:47 am

    Latitoast wrote:My poor, poor shotel has no use in the world when dead angles exist.

    Oh monsieur, how wrong you are. I have a chaos shotel +5 on my "anti-gank" build and I get so many finishers with it. If they have around 300+ hp left then I win, every time silly

    Sponsored content

    Re: How do you start off a new character

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:10 am