Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Carphil
Joichiro
KrazykevS10
Dibsville
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
roanispe
Dutchy
O1va_
Jwebby6
Halicarnassis
Walter_White
Myztyrio
wahwah
VaDoom
Forum Pirate
Rumeye
CrackSouls
Cronotis
ublug
Rifter7
bunnywink
reim0027
Saturday-Saint
leonardo503
Serious_Much
Emergence
densetsushun
Nybbles
Juutas
Seignar
crbngville2
DemonOfFate
Animaaal
Jansports
User1
Rynn
Automancer
skarekrow13
LunarFog
EeAyEss
46 posters

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Poll

Will you use this new "bbg?"

[ 27 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 4 I_vote_lcap47%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 30 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 4 I_vote_lcap53%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [53%] 

Total Votes: 57
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 4 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:04 pm

I would say it would revert to the Nintendo vs galoob court decision that it would not be considered a derivative work and therefore not intellectual property theft, etc. so not illegal from that standpoint. The eula agreements could be another story though.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 4 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by Cronotis Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Yes I'll quite likely be using it on an alt account. And the blue bandit will probably be the first toon out of the box. tongue

I don't want to get into a long-winded discussion about this so I'll try to be brief.

1. Low level griefers have been around since the start, long before any glitches were known. The first time I ever went human (on day 2 after release) I was invaded by a player using a lightning rapier and a dark hand in the Parish. The defense boost from 99 softs and the fact that lightning/chaos weapons exist are why I typically stay hollow until Anor Londo or later (~SL 50).

2. People using glitches in PvP are rare.
    In all my time playing Dark Souls I've encountered a grand total of two people who used the dragon head glitch in pvp and I've never seen a buffed non-buffable weapon or spell swapping. Maybe I'm just lucky, but if my luck runs out there's always the PSN block player feature.

If you ask me this "exploit" is 99.89% beneficial to the community. I'm guessing it gets patched in some fashon though, and probably pretty quick. I read somewhere that you can access the dlc without having purchasing it, since patch 1.06 is all the data for the dlc content and purchasing it is just an unlock code. If that isn't motivation for Sony/From to do something about it I don't know what is.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:42 pm

reim0027 wrote:It takes a lot longer than 5-10 hours to make a complete toon (with maxed out weapons/armor, etc).
    It really doesn't. For me to get ~SL 100 and maxed out gear takes me something like 5 to 10 hours after planning the build out. And it's very easy to farm invaders the rest of the way up to 120, which technically is like another 2 to 5 hours (depending on activity, win/loss ratio, etc.) but you're doing PvP during that time, so uh, I don't really count it.

That being said, 5 to 10 hours is kind of an unacceptable barrier for experimenting with lots of different builds.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 pm

When you think about it, the fact this does include all warp points and keys means that these save datas actually include DLC, whether or not you legitimately bought it. So, if you didn't buy the DLC, you're practically stealing the DLC (or saving yourself $15, whichever phrase floats your boat). Even if you could not gain the key (because the DLC programs the key), you can still warp directly, my guess.

It does deserve a patch for the implications of stealing. Which means, it won't last long...probably. Depends how high on the radar this shows up.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 pm

You're better than I am, Sat. 5-10 hours, maybe on the high end for a 100 build. But, no way can I do it in less than that.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 pm

I hated the old BBG for a long time.
    I only used it on two characters right before it was patched, because all of my toons were SL120 and I wanted to make some SL100s for the new DLC. At the time, I was working 70+ hours a week, not including time spent in transportation... I felt the guilt but I did it.

I have not answered your poll. I am still struggling with the idea of using it again.
    I recently got hired at a second job and my free time has once again become rare...

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!! I hate this ****.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:30 pm

After doing a bit of research, I say NO.
    This method looks like a slippery slope to me.

But now I have to delete one of my 10 characters, and find some one to mule his stuff. :-(
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Five to Ten hours is not the period of time it takes to make a build. I'm pretty good at both PvP and PvE and mosy of my builds take upwards of 12-14 hours to complete. I've done some characters that do not use spells, and I can finish them in 5-6 hours, but if spellcasting is ever included your time investment is massively increased.

I'd only use this glitch to create a spellcaster because of the extreme increase of time requirements.
    Rumeye
    Rumeye

Post by Rumeye Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:05 am

Hmmm....well, i think the new method is a little bit over the top, we’re not supposed to discuss what the said method exactly is but it’s *** up and i’m gonna do it anyway because it saves a lot of time and effort, but really...being able to go PvPing just like that in a few minutes, and not having to go through the game over and over again is so good and so bad in the same time. I have mixed feelings about this but i won’t lie i will try it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 am

If I had a computer I would.

Builds that don't need to hit NG+ take me 8-12 hours. If it needs to go ng+ it tops out at 20. (I've never had to go NG++ for a pvp build) If I could save those hours doing something else (like pvping,) I'd do so in a heart beat.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:46 am

I don't understand people's problem with this. I would only use it to save time with build making.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 am

It's going to lead to an influx of griefers, and it's done via save editing which can be used for all sorts of ****.

That's basically it.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 am

Seignar wrote:When you think about it, the fact this does include all warp points and keys means that these save datas actually include DLC, whether or not you legitimately bought it. So, if you didn't buy the DLC, you're practically stealing the DLC (or saving yourself $15, whichever phrase floats your boat). Even if you could not gain the key (because the DLC programs the key), you can still warp directly, my guess.

It does deserve a patch for the implications of stealing. Which means, it won't last long...probably. Depends how high on the radar this shows up.

Expect an imminent response because of this. If not added to 1.08, plan on 1.09 being right on the heels of it.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:02 am

Emergence wrote:Expect an imminent response because of this. If not added to 1.08, plan on 1.09 being right on the heels of it.

I don't know how it works exactly but I believe PSN only allows a certain number of patches and xbox charges for every patch.
    EXAMPLE
    I doubt that they will want to spend all that money to patch their game if they are working hard on the next in the series...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:43 am

They will if its costing them money.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:47 am

Microsoft are greedy buggers. No chance will they pay to have one thing patched.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:34 am

I'll use the "new" bbg.
    I didn't use the other method before patch because I didn't need it at the time, and farming wasn't an issue then.
    Now I'm tired of constantly farming and/or muling for all my toons.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 am

CrackSouls wrote:
    Emergence wrote:Expect an imminent response because of this. If not added to 1.08, plan on 1.09 being right on the heels of it.

I don't know how it works exactly but I believe PSN only allows a certain number of patches and xbox charges for every patch.
    EXAMPLE
    I doubt that they will want to spend all that money to patch their game if they are working hard on the next in the series...

In cases of legality and lost dlc revenue, Namco and From will allocate the resources necessary. They have already announced 1.08 less than a week ago to address the game breaking stat drain hack, it is possible they will delay deployment to include an extra fix tor this new glitch.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am

I want that particular hack finished. It ruined 60 hours of my time making a sl100 build.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 am

Rifter7 wrote:lol the characters aren't blue people. theres 2 normal looking bandits and 2 blue bandits.

seriously..

Don't forget the hideous Oompa Loompa warrior... bounce
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 am

Oompa Loompa is great for trolling the Burg. LOL.
    leonardo503
    leonardo503

Post by leonardo503 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:43 pm

I think I am the only one that doesn't know how to do the glitch Look Skyward
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:08 pm

I don't need to know how, since I don't have this on PS3. I know how to do the old BB glitch, is this technically the same?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I don't understand people's problem with this. I would only use it to save time with build making.

The problem isnt what you use it for, or frankly most of this forum. It's the general populace use.

FROM wouldn't care if people like you used it to make a shiny sl100 or whatever pvp build in a few minutes, but the problem is when you guys as a result justify it- "I'm only using it for pvp builds so it can't be bad", wrong I'm afraid.

It shows a fairly selfish attitude among BB glitchers, I'm sorry to say that, but it is true. You guys would rather have a mechanic that lets you create a build with the snap of your fingers- sure that's fine! I think to myself, but not when the same exploit brings about negative consequences.

The problem i always had was the use of it to make griefer builds. Builds that are designed to kill and ruin the experience of the most vulnerable dark souls players- new players who need summoning help. Yes they run the risk of invasion, but they don't deserve players invading them with zapphanders and top tier armour. It shouldn't happen.

The number of griefers diminished significantly once patch 1.06/7 came in, but now i predict griefing will become widespread again. While it's great you guys can lazily spend the extra 5/10 hours pvping, you're letting new players spend excess of that trying to get humanity, summon help to advance only to get swept aside by a glitched toon. This stuff can make gamers stop playing, people. You wanna diminish the player base even further?

It's not right, and to me if you don't agree with griefing with glitched toons, you'd boycott the exploit as I have always done. Sorry if this view upsets people, but I just have to make it clear- popularising this is most definitely not a good thing.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 pm

It doesn't upset me. In fact, when seen from that viewpoint, it's highly understandable. It's just that, I don't make griefer builds. I only make it for PvP that people will know is coming.

But, I see your point. If people are going to use it for making griefer builds, than it's understandable not to like it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 am