Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Carphil
Joichiro
KrazykevS10
Dibsville
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
roanispe
Dutchy
O1va_
Jwebby6
Halicarnassis
Walter_White
Myztyrio
wahwah
VaDoom
Forum Pirate
Rumeye
CrackSouls
Cronotis
ublug
Rifter7
bunnywink
reim0027
Saturday-Saint
leonardo503
Serious_Much
Emergence
densetsushun
Nybbles
Juutas
Seignar
crbngville2
DemonOfFate
Animaaal
Jansports
User1
Rynn
Automancer
skarekrow13
LunarFog
EeAyEss
46 posters

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Poll

Will you use this new "bbg?"

[ 27 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 30 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 2 I_vote_lcap53%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [53%] 

Total Votes: 57
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 2 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:42 pm

It's a mule. Just do what you do with mules... :O
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 2 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by Automancer Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:46 pm

^Blow em and make sure you swallow. Kappa.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:47 pm

wut
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:53 pm

To those people worried about low level griefers. Don't. They already inhabit The Parrish in large numbers. I spent some time building a new toon this weekend so I could participate in the forum's new sl100 fc. Once I got to sl23, I camped at the church and helped people take down the gargoyles (Now holding 80k souls). Let me tell you, I saw some real winners. Fog ring, DMB, poison, toxin.....you name it, A'holes with the nothing better to do than beat up on noobs and undergeared players. So don't worry about the griefers, there is no shortage of them to begin with.

This thread explains the Blue Toon I ran across this weekend though. Would I use the bbg right now? Damn right. I only see my PS3 Friday night - Sunday Night, and have to make time for family as well. It would save me a lot of time, since all I am trying to do is build a sl100 for no other reason than playing with forum members.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:01 pm

EeAyEss wrote:wut

You know you want to, lol.

Anyway, huge thanks for that. You really made my day, lol.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:43 pm

deleted

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:56 pm

I might use this glitch to make anti-griefer builds. That's co-op right dere.

But I don't get what's wrong with using a glitch to quickly make PvP builds. And can you explain why you think this glitch and the previous one were detrimental to the game?

Also, to defend Jans on point numero tres, it's one thing to plan a build. It's another thing to completely test it, hands-on.

Also, many "young-uns" I find to be lazy. Yes. I agree and I hate the "swag" parts of my generation. But please, please, don't put us with them.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 pm

What he said, i'm far from lazy my friend, and i hate that most of my generation cry's that they don't have a new Iphone or whenever when i don't even have a phone. Wait, i take that back, i got a 8 year old phone that was once my dad's, then my sisters, then mine. And i work for what little money i have, that's right i go to work with my dad every once in a while and earn my 70 bucks instead of just getting it thrown at me by my parents. And i have to buy my own things, unlike alot of other people.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:01 pm

"most of my generation's cries*

or

"most of my generation cries*"

Sorry. My grammar sensor went off the chart.

Last edited by EeAyEss on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:01 pm

deleted

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Well, I won't lie: I already used it and made 3 PVP toons at SL 100 (Mage, STR Faith, Full-scale quality). I'm having quite the blast being able to go everywhere immediately and be ready for PVP anytime, anyplace. In addition, it has given me motivation to try out the FAP (Sponsored by Quickie Lube) ring for once in PVP (Since they have like 5).

Mind you, this has positive PvE applications. You can warp anywhere without facing bosses, so you also have acess to every boss fight from the get-go. Also, you can teleport anywhere at practically any SL for, providing both hosts for Whites and Whites for Hosts! Not to mention it also makes you an invasion target for every zone. If anything, online activity in general could see improvement.

Yes, there is the problem of griefers, but they have existed since ages past. The real problem is actual hacks to gain unfair advantage, which could happen.

In regards to being blue: Not all characters are blue and those that are can be hidden with Sack or a full plate of armor (or just being a Phantom).
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:07 pm

So I can't justify using the glitch to "test" my own build to see how efficiently I can use it?

Also, I argue that the glitch does serve a purpose:

To make builds in a short amount of time.

One may argue about its "proper" purpose, but w/e. A glich really has no "proper" purpose, because it itself is not "proper."

Hell, I don't even think this is a glitch. All you are really doing is... uh... well darn lol. I's an exploit, at least... so nvm.

Seignar, I have to argue the "positive" benefits of PvE of the exploit.
    If you are doing PvE for the sake of getting to PvP, then it helps. If you are doing PvE for the sake of PvE, you are ruining it for yourself. I take it, however, that you mean the former.

Last edited by EeAyEss on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Low level griefers exist at this point anyway, with or without the glitch.

Someone please tell me how to use the glitch and I will use it to make new PvP builds RIGHT NOW.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Again, let's stop the bickering. If we can't get along it's time to abandon thread.

Animaaal, you know I respect you but I gotta disagree on at least one point. There isn't new "facts" to uncover but there might be new experiences. I can go on mugen and see how much that str based or Magic (Sponsored by Flemmings Magic Shop - 5 New Locations) based (lol.....love that ad) character can do at sl55 or sl100 but the problem is, I don't know what the experience is like having never made those characters. That's more of the experiments this can allow.

As for time, there's a case to be made that everyone has time if they look. I can agree on that and I assume, knowing some about you that you have more limits on time than most.

There's valid points being made on both sides here if we're willing to look.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Skare, as long as we are not flaming each other and using derogatory terms, its fine. No need to abandon thread. Emergence (Sponsored by Manny's House of Munch) (Sponsored by Manny's House of Munch) himself said he wanted to discuss glitches or something... so its fine. Just no flaming or name-calling, lets keep that out.

Juutas, czech your mail out.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:15 pm

i probably won't use this hack, but i am kinda sick of farming for hours to get all the little things i need for a build (sometimes multiple NG+) ugh
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:23 pm

EeAyEss wrote:
    Seignar, I have to argue the "positive" benefits of PvE of the exploit.
    If you are doing PvE for the sake of getting to PvP, then it helps. If you are doing PvE for the sake of PvE, you are ruining it for yourself. I take it, however, that you mean the former.
    I wasn't referring to this being beneficial for me. I was saying that this allows player to access many areas and host in many areas as well. Such Toons can increase Co-op and invasion activity at will, practically.

It also creates a sort of "Boss Mode" in the game, which is ruining the game (but, I have played the game 1000 times already, it is hardly ruining it anymore) for said player, but it doesn't affect those that are actively trying to Co-op or invade. In addition, seeing as this *exploit* is easy to make more characters (and at little cost), it means that online activity in all areas can be controlled: Increase, decreased, etc.

The PvE implications are positive for other players, but not for the controller him/herself as it only adds a "Boss Mode"; whereas, all other players now have an increased amount of hosts and increased probabilities of finding phantoms or being invaded.

This is in no regards a negative effect to PvE online as Co-op can only increase, not decrease due to the fact that Co-op is optional and most PVP oriented people probably weren't concerned either way.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 pm

True.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 pm

If this glitch was on X-box (and if it is, Pm me details) I'd be using it sometimes myself... but I'm as much a PvE player as a PvP player, my streams clearly indicate such. I'd only do this to make some of the incredibly, incredibly BAD builds that require Large Amounts of PvE before I can do them.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Don't xbox guys have blankity blank blank?

Last edited by EeAyEss on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:27 pm

I don't know how that crap works and such.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Well, I can't help you. Shrug

I can give you an idea of how it works on PS3 if you would like, just to satisfy any curiosity you might have.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 pm

D'OH! There goes the term.......

Yeah, I was hinting at that earlier Rynn. Xbox is actually a lot easier from what I can tell.

EeAyEss, I was hoping not to refer to it by it's actual term since that allows more homework to be done by interested parties and can lead to more insidious uses via increased popularity and exposure. The version we've been dancing around is a derivation from someone else using that and doesn't open up the worst parts of it from the looks of it.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 pm

ah... let me edit that....

Let me express my apologies...

Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:33 pm

EeAyEss, I'd be careful with pming people about it though. I don't know if the mods moderate pm's but it's still better to err on the side of caution.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm