Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+48
bla
Tolvo
cdd1983
his1n-
Reaperfan
Deadpool
LordZaibek
Darkson
Uparkaam
Domhnall
Forum Pirate
goober0331
Back Lot Basher
FlamingHarlekin
Flubious
BARZOHD-
Dellusions
Doelker
Akatik
Ser Winston
Danthuyer
Lancelot
Dark75Messiah
CrackSouls
Henkyona
ChizFreak
reim0027
xXDaemonarchXx
Yukon
Carphil
aceluby
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Yarxov
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Yesuurd
d15-149
befowler
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Wade_Wilson
lextune
RANT
Toastfacekillah
WarriorOfSunlight
IceIfrit666
User
SlakeMoth
52 posters

Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by Serious_Much Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Carphil wrote:Yes, Metal gear saga - most well made video game plot in my opinion, congratulations hideo kojima!

In therms of multiplayer - Warcraft 3. No, no. Not World of Warcraft MMORPG, but Warcraft 3, battlefield strategy game with a fantastic lore too.

Dark souls, lets say its amazing because no matter what happens, you want to play again. And the most interesting thing is that this game is so good than can be compared to games like Call Of Duty in therms of best game of the year and those stuff.

I think you're scraping the barrel saying that the stiffest opposition dark souls has is Call of Duty silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Carphil wrote:Yes, Metal gear saga - most well made video game plot in my opinion, congratulations hideo kojima!

In therms of multiplayer - Warcraft 3. No, no. Not World of Warcraft MMORPG, but Warcraft 3, battlefield strategy game with a fantastic lore too.

Dark souls, lets say its amazing because no matter what happens, you want to play again. And the most interesting thing is that this game is so good than can be compared to games like Call Of Duty in therms of best game of the year and those stuff.

I think you're scraping the barrel saying that the stiffest opposition dark souls has is Call of Duty silly

They're not comparable, but I meant, 10000 person bought call of duty, and 100 bought Dark souls, still dark can be the best game of the year instead of CoD.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm the kind of person who will hardly play a popular game because it's gameplay is praised. I seriously consider story and atmosphere to be way more important for my enjoyment, so I instead I lean towards games that focus really on character and story development.

To me DeS and DkS closed that gap, these are games with amazing gameplay, great atmosphere, and really fun lore. Are they perfect? For me, very nearly.
    They take every thing I love seeing in a game a do it really subtly but really well. Characters are well developed, atomosphere is some of the best I have seen, game play is just soild and completely addicting. All of it just comes in a really nicely wrapped package.

To compare them? Probably Heroes of Might and Magic 3. This is a game with a kind of mashed up story in my opinion, but it has such a nice atomosphere and such addicting gameplay I love love loved it for something like 7 years, haha.
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 pm

am I the only 1 that played final fantasy 11 every day for like 5 years.... that game is perfect and they are still coming out with expansions.I plan on getting back into it soon cuz I miss it. Tarutaru FOR LIFE! okay I'm officially a nerd...
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:22 pm

xXDaemonarchXx wrote:am I the only 1 that played final fantasy 11 every day for like 5 years.... that game is perfect and they are still coming out with expansions.I plan on getting back into it soon cuz I miss it. Tarutaru FOR LIFE! okay I'm officially a nerd...
    It is one of the best MMORPG's I've played. Here's to hoping they continue to fix 14 to bring it up to 11's standards. I pray...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm a big Ninja Gaiden fan. I have played them all, got my plat and 1250.
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 pm

WarriorOfSunlight wrote:
    xXDaemonarchXx wrote:am I the only 1 that played final fantasy 11 every day for like 5 years.... that game is perfect and they are still coming out with expansions.I plan on getting back into it soon cuz I miss it. Tarutaru FOR LIFE! okay I'm officially a nerd...
    It is one of the best MMORPG's I've played. Here's to hoping they continue to fix 14 to bring it up to 11's standards. I pray...
    I read they have a new game director for 14. after the next few updates they are making us pay for it again instead of being free to play. they're saying it will be worth the money so I'm hoping that it is better. also read that they brought back the job system. so I'm guessing it's going to bada$$ by 2013.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Yes. Starcraft Brood Wars. It came out and I bought it, and played around 11 to 12 years in total, before SC2 came out. To this day, I still play SC2 once in a while. Both campaign and online. It is a great game, and its quality is not shunned by others.

I will only say this once: ARE YOU TERRAN?

I been playing SC2 since launch until October, and all I can say, it's that Terran is OP, I'm a zerg player, and I tell you that win as a Terran against a Zerg requires a lot less skill than winning as a Zerg Against Terran. I don't play it too much right now, but I will be back when the Zerg Expansion comes out silly .
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Acidic_Cook wrote:Yes. Starcraft Brood Wars. It came out and I bought it, and played around 11 to 12 years in total, before SC2 came out. To this day, I still play SC2 once in a while. Both campaign and online. It is a great game, and its quality is not shunned by others.

I been playing SC2 since launch until October, and all I can say, it's that Terran is OP, I'm a zerg player, and I tell you that win as a Terran against a Zerg requires a lot less skill than winning as a Zerg Against Terran. I don't play it too much right now, but I will be back when the Zerg Expansion comes out silly .

Same. Haven't touched SC2 due to my computer being a *****. I still play Sc1 though
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Am I the only person who gets completely lost reading the jargon from games I've never heard of? :shock:
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 pm

No, but you're probably the only person who's never heard of StarCraft! silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:04 am

oh! I've heard of it, but beyond obvious abbreviations of games as famous as WOW or COD then I'm fairly useless.

I'm still lost though, whats a terran? (guessing it's a planet lazily called after our own) and zerg? tarutaru?.. It's like another language silly
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 am

Look up Starcraft. It will enlighten you of awesome, my friend.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 am

no thanks, anything that even remotely sounds like an MMO I avoid like the plague, I don't wanna get into it just in case i get sucked in so far I start neglecting other things..

dont wanna risk it silly
    Henkyona
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Henkyona Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:33 am

I love MMO's I love FF beat all of them, but the whole thing about FF14 being brought to the standards of FF11, I couldn't stand that game it made me feel like I was playing with a pile of crap in my hand rofl, by the way on topic, no game is perfect, but I do love DkS.

FF has got to be my favorite game series.

I love the DMC games as well.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:43 am

DEMON'S SOULS. tops all.

But to name a few others I got sheer enjoyment out of:
    FF7, Metal Gear Solid series, Legend of Legaia, and Battlefield are all games I've logged many, many, many hours into.
    Starting to get into Minecraft, we'll see how that goes.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Look up Starcraft. It will enlighten you of awesome, my friend.

It truly is an amazing game, but RTS don't keep my attention as long as others.
    Dark75Messiah
    Dark75Messiah

Post by Dark75Messiah Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:11 am

lextune wrote:
    Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

For me it is.

There has never been a game I was so addicted to.

This. And I've been a gamer for 25+ years.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:22 am

There is a game called Rakion that I used to just LOVE. It's highly addictive and is really similar to Dark Souls. Too bad it's too difficult to control on a laptop. I recommend at least looking at it if you're a big Dark Souls fan.
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 am

I dont know about 'perfect game' but it certainly hold a place on my top 5 gaming titles of all time !! (in no particular order)

- Quake 2
    - Diablo 2
    - Counter Strike (Original)
    - Warcraft 2 (dial up modem challenge)
    - Dark Souls

Last edited by Danthuyer on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ser Winston
    Ser Winston

Post by Ser Winston Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 am

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 holds the trophy at my the top of my list of favourite games. I must have played the RPG through at least 20 times over my lifespan, and it is not a short game by any means. Dark Souls ranks a number four on that list, as well.

There are so many great things about that game, some of which I didn't realize until I played it 5 times over. I miss games that gave you actually meaningful choices, as opposed to the fake moral choices that Bioware seems to love shoving into their games.

To those of you who haven't played it, I recommend this Let's Play by Scorchy from the SomethingAwful forums. It's very well done, very informative, and legitimately funny. KotOR2 hasn't aged well, and looks like crap; if you want to avoid playing the game while still wanting to enjoy it then this is way to do it.

I highly recommend you at least give it a glance. It really is one of Obsidian's best works, and Scorchy's best LP.
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 am

Sc 1....oh the memories of zergling rushes....
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am

xXDaemonarchXx wrote:Sc 1....oh the memories of zergling rushes....

I remember playing online for the first time and this was my only real strategy... I was called everything from a n00b to a cheater and had a few matches where they didn't believe I had just started the game. The lag absolutely killed it for me though because of my college firewall.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 am

It's tough to say. I'd say it isn't simply based on the fact that it's on the Xbox. I don't see myself playing Dark Souls again in the years to come, but I still install and play games such as Deus Ex, and Baldur's Gate 2 every now and then.

If Dark Souls was a computer game, then I'd say it's the best ever. But right now, nothing can compare with a game I have played at least once a year since it was released - BG2.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:31 am

Well for this gen the other games I played to death are Mass Effect (1) and Dragon Age (1). I went for everything on those games and even trying different character builds and stuff.
    But I'll tell you something, both ME and DA together doesn't sum the total of hours that I already spent in DkS.
    Other games I enjoyed a lot were Diablo, Warcraft 3, Zelda OoT, C&C Generals between others.
    Right now I am playing Skyrim and the difference between Skyrim and DkS is:
    I just want to end Skyrim, already level 28, and kind of feeling bored with it. When I was playing DkS I always kept myself wanting more and more and didn't want it to end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am