Back from the darkside

djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Back from the darkside

Post by djgq42 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm

as part of my road to recovery from the bb glitch addiction (strictly for pve for what it's worth) my first step of 12 is admit i have a problem. done. i would also like to add that it feels pretty sweet building a toon from the ground up and without the shortcuts. although i would take exception to those fervently anit- bb glitch posters that have stated that the glitch doesn't save a good amount of time, it does. with that said, the grinding is worth the feeling of accomplishment. oh and i found that using the glitch causes issues with ranking up in covenants. i would also like to thank my sponsors, the ongoing, intelligent debate from the posters on this therapeutic forum. big grin

Last edited by djgq42 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Back from the darkside

Post by callipygias on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:29 pm

djgq42 wrote: (strictly for pve for what it's worth) big grin

It's worth A LOT.
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 pm

I thought about doing the glitch to gear up my new guy, since I hate grinding/farming. But, after doing a little research into it, I'm not sure I want to take on the side effects that come with it. I'd rather start completely fresh.

Addicted

Post by djgq42 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:36 pm

can i get an amen brother!lol
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Akatik wrote:I thought about doing the glitch to gear up my new guy, since I hate grinding/farming. But, after doing a little research into it, I'm not sure I want to take on the side effects that come with it. I'd rather start completely fresh.

I don't to want to encourage it but there are no side effects, I heard that sometimes you get 2 red chunks at the start, and sometimes the knight who gives you estus is not there. But if you reload your game the items will be there I think.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:39 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Akatik wrote:I thought about doing the glitch to gear up my new guy, since I hate grinding/farming. But, after doing a little research into it, I'm not sure I want to take on the side effects that come with it. I'd rather start completely fresh.

I don't to want to encourage it but there are no side effects, I heard that sometimes you get 2 red chunks at the start, and sometimes the knight who gives you estus is not there. But if you reload your game the items will be there I think.

I saw an instructional video where the new guy that was created started cursed because the character that was copied was already cursed. I also heard some issues with covenants as was already mentioned. Just not worth it to me IMO.

Addicted

Post by djgq42 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:44 pm

ChizFreak wrote:

actually with my last glicthed toon, i was unable to recieve the great lightning miracle from the sunbro covenant, regardless of how many medals i offered. on my new, non- glitched toon, it worked perfectly normally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 am