Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
reim0027
Cynic
6 posters

Artistic Talent wanted.

Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Artistic Talent wanted. Empty Artistic Talent wanted.

Post by Cynic Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 pm

I need some gifted artists for a tattoo idea. If anyone would like to help out that'd be grreeeeaaatt.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Artistic Talent wanted. Empty Re: Artistic Talent wanted.

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:46 am

Cynic wrote:I need some gifted artists for a tattoo idea. If anyone would like to help out that'd be grreeeeaaatt.
    I'm not gifted, but I want to see a pic of your sleeve when it's done.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:51 am

I know a lot of them, but I'll mention a few:

A ghost, with a black aura. My personal favourite.

A shining star can look good when the little 'shiney bits' are added.

Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 am

Oh, I'll definitely be putting it up here. May be awhile though depending on money and if I can find someone to draw it up. I'll have updates!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:58 am

What kind of tatoo are you looking for?
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Animaaal wrote:What kind of tatoo are you looking for?

I want a panoramic view of the entire Dark Souls world. Duke's Archives and Anor Londo at the top on the shoulder, down through Sen's Fortress and Undead Parish, etc.. All the way down to Ash Lake, Lost Izalith and the BoC hole.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Cynic wrote:

I want a panoramic view of the entire Dark Souls world. Duke's Archives and Anor Londo at the top on the shoulder, down through Sen's Fortress and Undead Parish, etc.. All the way down to Ash Lake, Lost Izalith and the BoC hole.
    Not to be judgemental in any way, but are you sure that's the image you want on your body for a long period of time, if not permanently?

Also, where do you live? I know a guy in NY that does amazing tattoo work.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Well, if the name Dark Souls is not in anyway incorporated, it could be a beautiful piece of artwork.

The design in Dark Souls is excellent. You'd have to make sure the tattoo artist is talented enough to portray the artistic beauty of FROM's design.

In other words, hopefully Anor Londo won't look like "Barbie's Dream House" after the tattoo is complete.

Google bad tattoos...its pretty hilarious.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:49 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Cynic wrote:

Not to be judgemental in any way, but are you sure that's the image you want on your body for a long period of time, if not permanently?

Also, where do you live? I know a guy in NY that does amazing tattoo work.

As of now, I want it as a tattoo. I don't have the money for it and I still have to deal with my parents so it'll be awhile no matter what.

I live in Indiana, so NY isn't really an option, unless he can draw it up for me. Even if I decide against it, I still want this image in my possession somehow.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Cynic wrote:...I live in Indiana, so NY isn't really an option, unless he can draw it up for me. Even if I decide against it, I still want this image in my possession somehow...

Piecing together random pictures of fan art should be enough for any tattoo artist.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Cynic wrote:As of now, I want it as a tattoo. I don't have the money for it and I still have to deal with my parents so it'll be awhile no matter what.

I live in Indiana, so NY isn't really an option, unless he can draw it up for me. Even if I decide against it, I still want this image in my possession somehow.
    I can refer him to you, but as you stated Indiana is far off from NY. I do have to stress how important it is to be 100% sure of what you want, especially considering you want a huge back piece. Fixing tattoos customers regret is a nightmare for tattoo artists.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:02 pm

densetsushun wrote:... Fixing tattoos customers regret is a nightmare for tattoo artists....

Thats an excellent point dude. It can even cost more than the original tattoo in some cases.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:03 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Cynic wrote:As of now, I want it as a tattoo. I don't have the money for it and I still have to deal with my parents so it'll be awhile no matter what.

I can refer him to you, but as you stated Indiana is far off from NY. I do have to stress how important it is to be 100% sure of what you want, especially considering you want a huge back piece. Fixing tattoos customers regret is a nightmare for tattoo artists.

I actually want it as a sleeve. I'd rather have someone who knows about the game and the lore so they can really put some love into it. I don't just want concept art, I want a story. I want to sneak little details in, like Solaire in all of his different places, or Seigmeyer and his story. Also, I'd like to have the "player" in each scene doing something that any dark souls fan I show it to will be like, "I remember doing that!" and then we'll go on telling each other our stories. That's the main reason I want it as a tattoo; so I'll have a beacon that draws in other Dark Souls fans.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Sounds like a pretty tall order dude, good luck man.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:10 pm

An entire panoramic view with small details on a surface like your arm sounds like a huge demand. The best place for such a large piece would be the back imo.
    Anyway, I understand the sentiment and I'll stop saying it after this but I can't stress enough how important it is to make the right decision for you.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Animaaal wrote:Sounds like a pretty tall order dude, good luck man.

I know it is. Damn my lack of being able to make my own imagination a reality! I made a deviantart account just to find artist who might be interested. I'll be sure to let everyone know if I find someone and how all that goes. Pictures shall be posted.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:13 pm

densetsushun wrote:An entire panoramic view with small details on a surface like your arm sounds like a huge demand. The best place for such a large piece would be the back imo.
    Anyway, I understand the sentiment and I'll stop saying it after this but I can't stress enough how important it is to make the right decision for you.

If I end up regretting it, I'll live with it. Whether I'm still interested in this as much as I am now in the future or not, it will still be a beautiful piece of work. I'm well aware of the risks of getting a tattoo, but that's half the fun. Thanks for the cares anyway.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Cynic wrote:I know it is. Damn my lack of being able to make my own imagination a reality! I made a deviantart account just to find artist who might be interested. I'll be sure to let everyone know if I find someone and how all that goes. Pictures shall be posted.
    http://biggcaz.deviantart.com/
    Check his work out and see if you like it, then contact him. You can ask him for a lot of tattoo advice and he doesn't judge(for the most part). He might seem crass but he's a good friend and he's one hell of an artist.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Cynic wrote:

I apprenticed a tattoo artist for a little over a year, and if you were asking a tattoo artist online this is what I assume they'd tell you. Find something you want online, like if it's a map of DkS then try to find that as it's rendered by the makers of the game, then find a talented tattoo artist and bring him a printed out picture. Tattoos generally don't work the same way other drawings/art do. In other words tattoos stretch and skew as your skin does as you age and gain and lose weight, plus the more detailed a tattoo, meaning both color and density/frequency of lines it might not age well, meaning if you have a super complex tattoo in like 10 or 20 years you're going to have a formless blob tattood on yourself where your tattoo originally was. So if you find something you want online and take it to a talented tattoo artist they should be able to alter it in such a way that it will age well. I've had to do it that way before too. A couple of my ideas were a bit too complex and they changed them so they'd be better longer lasting tattoos. Most tattoo artists will have portfolios available to there prospective customers in their shops too, so your best bet is probably to shop around and look at people's portfolios to see how skilled they are.

All that doesn't mean you can't have someone else draw you mockups, it just means that regardless of what you show up with it's probably going to be altered and that if you find a talented tattoo artist they're probably going to be able to draw you something awesome based on your ideas anyway

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am