Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Dubscythe
Tolvo
6 posters

MGS Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes/MGS5

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

MGS Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes/MGS5 Empty MGS Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes/MGS5

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:40 pm

https://youtu.be/G8qugKFaVLE

That is the start, at about 23 minutes in it actually begins. Supposedly if involves Kojima linking Phantom Pain, MGS5, and Ground Zeroes together in canon. There is also a live stream showing development in progress such as character modeling.

Last edited by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

MGS Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes/MGS5 Empty Re: MGS Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes/MGS5

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:55 pm

https://youtu.be/G8qugKFaVLE

MGS 5 trailer, they're all the same game.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

MGS Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes/MGS5 Empty Re: MGS Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes/MGS5

Post by Dubscythe Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Honestly, after MGS4 I can only be cautiously optimistic.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 pm

My most recent experience was Peace Walker, so I'm hopeful.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:34 am

I'm excited, 4 was good but really all it was, was a tie up the loose threads movie... er game.
    I'm looking forward to 5 MGS Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes/MGS5 639795459
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:47 pm

I really enjoyed the new trailer and it's got me really looking forward to the game. I also have been loving Revengance... Who do you guys think Kaz is talking about in the trailer when he said "What about him?" I've been creaping around the interwebs and there are a lot of ideas. Frank Jeager is what I'm hoping >=O
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 pm

With every MGS, kojima gets a little loopier. This is not a good thing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:57 pm

My main interest is if he will try to transition into how crazy Big Boss was in MG1 and MG2.

"Oh snake, I forgot to mention the room you are in pumps poisonous gas!"

"Let me just set up this trap involving poisonous Zanzibar hamsters!"

"Snake, I shall chase you around a room with acid. Your only hope is to rub chocolate on the acid!"
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 pm

@ longshot I won’t sit here and argue with you that the MGS series has amazing stories (because it’s not true), and that they aren’t ridiculous at times (because that is true). MGS4 I thought was totally ridiculous in certain points (thank god for the skip option). However, I have found story elements and characters that I have enjoyed and that have stuck with me from each one of the games. No matter how loopy Kojima gets you can’t deny that somehow he makes the characters you’re playing as or against feel legendary (for lack of a better word). This trailer has some really weird stuff in it, like the flaming horse, whale, etc… but little bit before that (or after I can’t remember) we see a guy that reminds me of Psycho Mantis =) which to me explains the craziness a little bit. The crazy stuff we saw could all be contained in a single boss fight.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Those seem to be hallucinations, the person with you doesn't respond to them.

You did just wake up from a coma after all and took a shot of drugs.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Deathsitexxi wrote:@ longshot I won’t sit here and argue with you that the MGS series has amazing stories (because it’s not true), and that they aren’t ridiculous at times (because that is true). MGS4 I thought was totally ridiculous in certain points (thank god for the skip option). However, I have found story elements and characters that I have enjoyed and that have stuck with me from each one of the games. No matter how loopy Kojima gets you can’t deny that somehow he makes the characters you’re playing as or against feel legendary (for lack of a better word). This trailer has some really weird stuff in it, like the flaming horse, whale, etc… but little bit before that (or after I can’t remember) we see a guy that reminds me of Psycho Mantis =) which to me explains the craziness a little bit. The crazy stuff we saw could all be contained in a single boss fight.

Peace Walker: see through function on 16 yr old Paz. 'nuff said.

don't even try to defend it by saying 'PAZ IS PACIFICA AND NOT 16!!!111". It's creepy.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Peace Walker actually may be my favorite MGS, it's a tie between it and MGS3.

Peace Walker focused a lot more on gameplay which I really enjoyed. The humor was a plus also.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 pm

@ Tolvo That's another option (the hallucinations) and probably the more correct answer. I'm really torn between MSG3 and Peace Walker as well. MGS4 would have taken that spot but I was really kind of put off by its amount of exposition lol

@ longshot Oh yeah, there are tons of creepy stuff like that in these games lol. Remember what happens if you stare at the posters of the bikini models while locked in a locker in MGS 2?
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 pm

The posters in MGS2 was funny, not creepy at all. But lately its like the MGS games are a window into kojima's nocturnal proclivities... Do not want.

Peace Walker was surprisingly fun. After Portable Ops (and +, why did I bother), I wasn't expecting much, but it was definitely one of the best despite its rather cheesy cutscenes and creepy bits. I played it on the "HD" triple pack, and the multiplayer was great. Too bad they didn't bother to improve the graphics AT ALL. Screw you Konami you lazy, fanbase abusing company (though to be fair, they're much better than EA or Koei).
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:34 pm

I must say, Peace Walker will always be my favourite MGS.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I must say, Peace Walker will always be my favourite MGS.
    I think the reason why so many of us found it good was the RPG element to it with the added weapon dev, tech upgrades and rather passive base building. You have to admit, Peace Walker retains much less of the 'MGS' than other MGS titles, despite being a great series addition and fun game overall.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Two of the many reasons I hated MGS2:

1. Enemies had extremely flawed AI. The game was immensely hard to beat.

2. Snake?... Snake?!... SNAKE!!!!!
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:50 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Two of the many reasons I hated MGS2:

1. Enemies had extremely flawed AI. The game was immensely hard to beat.

2. Snake?... Snake?!... SNAKE!!!!!
    Ohoho. You just walked down the wrong alley brother (or is it "BROTHER!"?).

Granted, nobody wants to play Raiden. I played VR on Substance solely to play as Snake (btw, play Substance if you can. VR missions alone are worth it). The game is definitely not an easy game. Once you master it though, it's one of the best games out there. Really need patience beat it on Hard. MGS2 is much less forgiving than subsequent MGSs.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Precisely. The whole ordeal felt like hell.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 pm

It's not a run and gunner like MGS3 turned out to be. I prefer 2 over 3 because of this. 1 and 2 is 'tactical espionage' not 'tactical and espionage' like 3 became.

Raiden aside, 2 is in many ways superior to 3. There. I said it. (okay, I liked The Boss' story, but that's about it.). 3 isn't bad, story was less convoluted and it was good. I guess the product placements, slower frame rate (this is big), game pausing for camo change, etc kind of brought it down for me.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 pm

On the hardest settings MGS3 is still tactical espionage and stealth oriented. Because it is just so easy to die in combat. MGS3 is my favorite when playled on the harder settings due to the cammo, survival, and other little fun things.

Such as punching soldiers in the balls, or wearing reliable disguises.

Like a real stealth agent, wearing disguises. MGS2 has this but it is really brief. MGS4 to a degree but it only works on the rebels.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 pm

My experience with MGS3 is minimal. I borrowed it off a friend for about 3 hours, and only did the first 10 minutes by the time he wanted it back.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:40 am

if you could 'fix' parts of the MGS saga what would they be?

MGS1 -> Either make Twin Snakes available on a more contemporary console or do a full-remake.

MGS2 -> switch main protagonist to Snake, keep Raiden in as the rookie you have to help, but don't make him retarded ("did you say a nerd????"). STFU about Vamp's sexuality. That thing with fortune/fortune's dad was stupid and was only a fanservice to 14yr old fanfiction writers.

MGS3 -> don't make Ocelot 'meow'. Fix Raikov's hair, downplay Volgin's fetishes. The entire The Fury fight.

MGS4 -> don't make Johnny a prettyboy/tactical geek. Fix the gameplay mechanic to be more like Peace Walker.

MGS PW -> Remove all the creepiness out. Update the graphics for real on the console version. Make the mech fights even MORE awesome.

MGS PO -> Nuke it from orbit.

MGS GB -> Fix story a bit, put it into canon. This little known gameboy version was cash.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 am