Bioshock Infinite

    Share
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Dubscythe on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:Gonna buy it soon, Dust514 is really taking my full gaming time. Bioshock Infinite is my most anticipated game of the year so I'll definitely buy it.

    Ugh, I tried Dust 514 and I thought it was awful.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 30
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by WyrmHero on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:30 pm

    Dubscythe wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:Gonna buy it soon, Dust514 is really taking my full gaming time. Bioshock Infinite is my most anticipated game of the year so I'll definitely buy it.

    Ugh, I tried Dust 514 and I thought it was awful.

    It is, but I have high hopes for it. I'm giving it a chance since it's still beta. And grinding to get the higher tier equipment is addictive.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:54 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Infinite is more so focused on Religion and Racism, but politics are there.


    This is why I don't play games that are about story.


    Get off this **** people! It's not doing anybody any good.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:59 pm

    What?
    avatar
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 484
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-02-20
    Age : 24

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by morte on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:05 pm

    What's wrong with a story-based game? It's a good reason to buy, providing that the voice-actors are good and the plot is not entirely linear.

    You can say that the difficult shouldn't be a selling point because it will frustrate the player, but you bought dark souls. Why? Because it was well-done and improved the overall quality.


    _________________


    GFWL ID: SnowPillar
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:07 pm

    Well I believe you shouldn't buy a game JUST because of the story, but having it help is a fine thing. Gameplay should come first, then the other elements like atmosphere and such.

    MGS is a game series I love, but I'd never really recommend it as a purchase since if you don't like the story its incredibly hard to even enjoy the game since the story just gets in the way.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:14 pm

    I mean, it's because all these games stories are filled with this progressive drivel. It's nonsense. I'm tired of it.

    DKS has the best story, not because it is so nonexistent, but because it has no agenda. It's not watered down propaganda. I'm tired of all the pity mongers, all the divide and conquer racialism, all the squabbling over nonexistent illusions.

    Rant over. That is all.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:18 pm

    Dark Souls is also a gender equal world where you aren't discriminated against based on your character's race. Meaning it is a very progressive world. If you look too deeply into things like that Big then you'll never be happy with a game.

    Either it'll have too progressive of characters, or too conservative of characters. No matter what you'll just feel it has an agenda.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:32 pm

    You can never think too deeply into things. Remaining willfully ignorant is mental suicide. Anyways, thank you for the thoughtful debate.


    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:34 pm

    It's nice to see you calling the kettle black.
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Dubscythe on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:39 pm

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:You can never think too deeply into things. Remaining willfully ignorant is mental suicide. Anyways, thank you for the thoughtful debate.


    So wait, you say you can never think too deeply and yet you'll condemn a game you can think deeply about because it has what you call "progressive drivel"?


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:44 pm

    I'm not gonna get sucked into another debate here, but I'll leave you with this:

    If you are getting your deep, critical thinking from a video game, please take some time to read a book. Don't blindly accept the status quo, think for yourself.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:45 pm

    So the exact opposite of what you just said?

    Good work, A+, excellent work Big.
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Dubscythe on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 pm

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I'm not gonna get sucked into another debate here, but I'll leave you with this:

    If you are getting your deep, critical thinking from a video game, please take some time to read a book. Don't blindly accept the status quo, think for yourself.

    I don't understand how I'm blindly accepting the status quo and not thinking for myself because I enjoyed the story and atmosphere of a game that isn't as shallow as lolgokillthings.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:49 pm

    Big has an agenda slightly relating to the game. So rather than write a book about his agenda, or go to a political rally, or even make a video game about his agenda, he went to the forum figuring he could spread his views without question hoping people would be ignorant enough to just listen to him.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:56 pm

    I wrote my opinion, you disagreed, I tried to learn what you are about by debate, now you are insulting me personally. You guys are mad because my opinion is challenging yours. I am not mad because your opinion challenges mine. If you don't want to discuss it, don't.


    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by densetsushun on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:57 pm

    I'm breaking out the popcorn.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:00 pm

    Haha. I can just imagine Tolvo is sitting in front of his computer, thousands of miles away, just fuming and raging. Just chill out dude! I certainly haven't said anything hateful. Controversial? Sure, but I think we are all big boys here and can handle that sort of thing.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:02 pm

    You called others blind and ignorant.

    Nope, no insults there. Big Time is obviously a saint who has never said anything against anyone.
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Dubscythe on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:02 pm

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Haha. I can just imagine Tolvo is sitting in front of his computer, thousands of miles away, just fuming and raging. Just chill out dude! I certainly haven't said anything hateful. Controversial? Sure, but I think we are all big boys here and can handle that sort of thing.

    Well you told me to think for myself even though I already was. I felt that was unnecessary.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:13 pm

    So refute the idea. Show that you do by giving me your opinion. Don't just call me names.
    I don't know why you think that I think so highly of myself. I'll change my opinion faster than you can fart if you can refute my logic and replace it with something better. Trust me, I really will. I'm not attached to any great ego here.
    I can see that I've upset you. Sorry. I thought I could have discussions like this with the people here, but I was wrong.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm

    You told him to think for himself.

    He said he already thinks for himself.

    What more is there for him to refute?
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:16 pm

    Look Skyward

    Good night guys.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:18 pm

    Perhaps you should try presenting a view rather than insulting people and their beliefs? That might prompt them to actually discus things with you.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:28 pm

    Also I'm sorry if I sort of ruined your thread Dub. If you want to make a new Bioscock Infinite thread for discussion or just have my posts removed contact a mod so they know about the want for removal, or a duplicate thread with this one possibly being locked.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Bioshock Infinite

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:53 pm