Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
GkMrBane
Carphil
BackwardsBaboon
Uparkaam
LordRevan
DoughGuy
Extertionist
Siarii
Henkyona
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Whknight
User
Emergence
berkut
Scudman_Slayer
befowler
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
JohnnyHarpoon
23 posters

Whatever happened to Siarii?

JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Whatever happened to Siarii? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whatever happened to Siarii?

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:17 pm

I love how my Siarii thread became a Sunbro Statue discussion (really, when any 'off-topic' thread becomes 'on-topic').

I never thought of the statue as being intentionally destroyed, but I do very much like that idea.

I also just noticed the statue head (I don't know what I thought it was before) and assumed it to be Solaire unmasked. Of course, I can't see his actual face, and if I could, I don't know if the statue is distinguished enough to look like anybody in particular.

But yeah, I always thought if you're the Warriors of Sunlight and Gwyn is the Lord of Sunlight, you listen to that guy.
    Siarii
    Siarii

Post by Siarii Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:11 am

This is probably a thread necroing but I wanted to let you guys know why I stopped moderating. I was getting pains in my hands from playing Dark Souls so I took a break and went to other games, still affects me but the break from Dark Souls has helped a lot. Now I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 and waiting for the chance when I can get setup to stream a Dark Souls playthrough.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:35 am

I remember this dude, I hope nothing bad happened to him.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 am

Extertionist wrote:I remember this dude, I hope nothing bad happened to him.
    He did just post above you explaining what happened ...
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:43 am

DoughGuy wrote:

I know right silly
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:04 am

Oh, well I just feel stupid now.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:40 am

He's back! Kinda...
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:23 am

This was an unexpected surprise! I thought for sure the Sleepless One had finally fallen into a coma! Glad to see you're still alive & reasonably sane!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:45 am

Siarii wrote:This is probably a thread necroing but I wanted to let you guys know why I stopped moderating. I was getting pains in my hands from playing Dark Souls so I took a break and went to other games, still affects me but the break from Dark Souls has helped a lot. Now I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 and waiting for the chance when I can get setup to stream a Dark Souls playthrough.

Oh my god you're back :affraid:

sucks about your hands, though that's more the fault of FROM for making such a damn good game silly

Welcome back siarii, make sure you record that playthrough when you do it so the whole forum gets a chance to see it happy
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:17 am

I can kinda understand having hand issues. This game actually has me holding my controller differently. Its weird but I actually use my index finger for the run/action buttons, and my middle & ring fingers for R1 & R2. This way I can run while still being able control the camera and attack simultaneously. I'm wondering how many more hours I can continue doing this before complications arise.
    Siarii
    Siarii

Post by Siarii Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 pm

@Backwards, Who says I'm sane or still alive?

@Serious, I probably wont be doing the playtrhough till sometime in September, hoping that the extra content is out by then.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 pm

Siarii the extra content is coming as DLC in december confirmed.. Though if you wanted it earlier the PC version will be around by september, think it comes out in august?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:29 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Siarii the extra content is coming as DLC in december confirmed.. Though if you wanted it earlier the PC version will be around by september, think it comes out in august?

24th of August, I think.
    Siarii
    Siarii

Post by Siarii Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Hmm, maybe I'll do it in december then, august and september will be my Guild Wars 2 time. And not worth it getting it for the PC since it requires games for windows.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:25 am

LordRevan wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:

I know right silly

Lmao!
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:16 am

@Siarii Sanity isn't all it's cracked up to be anyways (see sig!)

And I seem to recall reading somewhere that due to much petitioning, the DkS PC version will be released on Steam. My PC is so archaic that I haven't really kept up, but something you may wanna look into.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:41 am

Games can be released on steam still using GFWL however. I haven't checked on any updates for Dark Souls PC in a long time. But considering what he said, that's probably what they are doing.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:45 am

Henkyona wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:I really don't believe he did find anything honestly. But I like to hope that the answer is out there somewhere happy

He found out that the statue was a shrine to Fluttershy ;3

Ohh Air Gear reference! for Sleeping Forest. At least I hope thats where you got it.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Siarii wrote:This is probably a thread necroing but I wanted to let you guys know why I stopped moderating. I was getting pains in my hands from playing Dark Souls so I took a break and went to other games, still affects me but the break from Dark Souls has helped a lot. Now I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 and waiting for the chance when I can get setup to stream a Dark Souls playthrough.

DoughGuy wrote:

That was probably one of the most epic Ninjas I've ever seen. I bow to the greatnessWhatever happened to Siarii? - Page 2 945058907
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:01 am

BackwardsBaboon wrote:I can kinda understand having hand issues. This game actually has me holding my controller differently. Its weird but I actually use my index finger for the run/action buttons, and my middle & ring fingers for R1 & R2. This way I can run while still being able control the camera and attack simultaneously. I'm wondering how many more hours I can continue doing this before complications arise.

I don't always hold it like that, but that is EXACTLY what I do when I need to engage in action and still move the camera. Seamless move, really.

But really though, Siarii is BACK! I have so much respect for Siarii, I refused to ever turn my avi Adventure Time themed, as many times as I was tempted,
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:15 am

GkMrBane wrote:

DoughGuy wrote:

That was probably one of the most epic Ninjas I've ever seen. I bow to the greatnessWhatever happened to Siarii? - Page 2 945058907

LMAOROFL

This thread is epic, you guys literally revived the dude.
    Siarii
    Siarii

Post by Siarii Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:01 am

So it seems Dark Souls may not be using GFWL on PC, would certainly make streaming easier.

So what have all you lovely people been up to in the time I've been gone? Any interesting forum stuff that I missed out on?
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:19 am

well . hmmmm where to start there was that alien invasion ohhhh and the bronies gained super powers and tried to take over but we were able to come to a truce and now were as peaceful as America is with the German's.

ohh and I almost forgot From created a real virtual reality game problem was every one who participated got stuck in the game and because it was so real they all. . . . well . . . died the brave/stupid made it to the black knight in the burg the rest all died to the capra.

So afterwards from bought everyone off who new about it with DSFTWD (Dark Souls Friends till we die ) bracelets so that no one whould know what really happend.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:23 am

Damn, can't believe I missed that...
    Siarii
    Siarii

Post by Siarii Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Dark Souls friends till we die bracelets would fit a lot of us very well, especially the Sunbros.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:02 am