Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Singling out individual Xbox and Ps3 names

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Singling out individual Xbox and Ps3 names Empty Singling out individual Xbox and Ps3 names

Post by LunarFog Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:41 pm

The rule says not to single out any names in an attempt to slander but I get the implication that only applies to threads. So some mod, please stop me and close this thread if I'm wrong.

I'm getting sick of hackers on the xbox and it seems to be getting more and more common. Not only are there a bunch of Divine blessing spammers and Darkmoon blade spammers, but there are still people with infinite health and they're all getting more and more common.

I'm going to try to put together a group of xbox players who want to ban hackers online(this is going under the mindset that multiple reports gets the person banned sooner).

If you want to be part of the group, just say so and I'll put you on the list. Whenever you encounter a hacker and bother to remember his gamertag, just PM everyone else in the group the gamertag and what hack they were using and hopefully all the group members will get around to reporting them too.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Singling out individual Xbox and Ps3 names Empty Re: Singling out individual Xbox and Ps3 names

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:49 pm

It won't work.I looked into the matter,Microsoft can only ban non-JTAG hackers if From Software ask them to.From don't give a crap and aren't policing the game.So,to sum it up,we're boned.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Singling out individual Xbox and Ps3 names Empty Re: Singling out individual Xbox and Ps3 names

Post by tinypantha Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:51 pm

umm Dark souls doesnt require a JTAG it requires a USB and a computer
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:54 pm

tinypantha wrote:umm Dark souls doesnt require a JTAG it requires a USB and a computer
    I know,I'm saying Microsoft can't detect modified saves,just J-TAGs or modded avatars.From would be the ones to check out hacker's data and pass the result on to MS.That's how people in Call of Duty,Halo and Battlefield are banned.I don't like it but that's how it is. :|
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 pm

this suddenly became way over my head
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Sorry Lunar,it won't happen on this game,maybe DkS 2 though.Also,multiple reports don't get people banned sooner,Microsoft employees only see one tag on people's profiles under each complaint category.I've googled this extensively.I did find this though,good for a laugh or two.
    http://whywasibanned.com/
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:06 pm

First off: No one tell the means to hack! Domino effects happens with stuff like this.

Sorry Lunar but I doubt that can happen late game for the xbox, though I've been wrong before. PSN I don't know. Though it might work early in DKSII if it gets noticed fast.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:25 am

KrazykevS10 wrote:
    tinypantha wrote:umm Dark souls doesnt require a JTAG it requires a USB and a computer
    I know,I'm saying Microsoft can't detect modified saves,just J-TAGs or modded avatars.From would be the ones to check out hacker's data and pass the result on to MS.That's how people in Call of Duty,Halo and Battlefield are banned.I don't like it but that's how it is. :|

Said it before, i'll say it again, a banned player is not going to be able to buy any more dlc or live subs, so ms don't give a toss.

It's ms that scans\owns the file, it was ms that told From that file needed to be unlocked(bad idea) on the local drive. This is what i don't get, on PC if you start a game without logging into GFWL and then later you log onto GFWL you cannot access that previous save; good idea(not sure on the box but i imagine it's similar). so surely live have some sort of access, it wouldn't take much to scan that save and check for irregularities and basically make that save unloadable online. Live needs to get in some punkbuster guys to write something to scan saves. That or DS2 stores profiles online ala BF3.

The other thing i suppose would be that there's a lot lot more playing COD and Halo so DKS is low down on the priority list and if you want to be really cynical, there's been 1 dlc for dks, halo\cod are cash cows churning out dlc regularly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 am