Grief the Griefer

    Share
    avatar
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 651
    Reputation : -23
    Join date : 2012-06-15
    Age : 104
    Location : The Abyss, tending to Kaathe.

    Grief the Griefer

    Post by Derpwraith on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:56 pm

    So, I'm in the Undead Parish, two phantoms with me, and an invader.
    After killing both phantoms, he runs at me like a fat kid chasing a hot dog stand. A split second before he lands a OHKO, I eject the disc.

    I message him via 'players met' and type in, "trololololol".


    _________________


                                                PSN: x_-Vizionary-_x

    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 pm

    .....You had two phantoms he killed and you eject the dic...to troll?......I won't even bother.


    _________________
    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by GenericUsername on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm

    So the person you pitted against two phantoms was a griefer? And even with those two phantoms on your side he still beat them? If anything it sounds like you just ran away from someone much better than you.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:32 pm

    GenericUsername wrote:So the person you pitted against two phantoms was a griefer? And even with those two phantoms on your side he still beat them? If anything it sounds like you just ran away from someone much better than you.
    Well...
    I agree with that, but it kind of depends on what the phantoms were using and what the "griefer" was using.
    If it was a full giant's MoM with a lightning dagger/chaos club against two phantoms, then I would disagree with you.

    If it was some guy with a +5 claymore in chain armor against two drake sword users... I'd agree with you.

    It kind of depends on what you think happened.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:35 pm

    ^ Either way I don't agree with ejecting the disc. Unless I see stats, armor, weapons and how it all happened I call 3v1 or ganking gone bad.


    _________________
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:37 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:^ Either way I don't agree with ejecting the disc. Unless I see stats, armor, weapons and how it all happened I call 3v1 or ganking gone bad.
    I'd assume so.
    I'd eject the disc too if it was really a griefer. If it was just some guy having fun with PvP, I'd let him have the kill. He earned it.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by GenericUsername on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:48 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:So the person you pitted against two phantoms was a griefer? And even with those two phantoms on your side he still beat them? If anything it sounds like you just ran away from someone much better than you.
    Well...
    I agree with that, but it kind of depends on what the phantoms were using and what the "griefer" was using.
    If it was a full giant's MoM with a lightning dagger/chaos club against two phantoms, then I would disagree with you.

    If it was some guy with a +5 claymore in chain armor against two drake sword users... I'd agree with you.

    It kind of depends on what you think happened.

    Still don't think its justified. Giant bros aren't invincible and if you had a 3v1 I'm pretty sure that would have been a sure win.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:01 pm

    GenericUsername wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:So the person you pitted against two phantoms was a griefer? And even with those two phantoms on your side he still beat them? If anything it sounds like you just ran away from someone much better than you.
    Well...
    I agree with that, but it kind of depends on what the phantoms were using and what the "griefer" was using.
    If it was a full giant's MoM with a lightning dagger/chaos club against two phantoms, then I would disagree with you.

    If it was some guy with a +5 claymore in chain armor against two drake sword users... I'd agree with you.

    It kind of depends on what you think happened.

    Still don't think its justified. Giant bros aren't invincible and if you had a 3v1 I'm pretty sure that would have been a sure win.
    Re-read it. They'll one shot you with a dagger or club backstab, and the club will most likely one shot or two shot you whether it's a backstab or not.


    Last edited by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:02 pm

    It sounds exactly like you just rage quitted from a failed gank.Griefer or not,he won a 3V1.


    _________________
    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by GenericUsername on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:23 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:So the person you pitted against two phantoms was a griefer? And even with those two phantoms on your side he still beat them? If anything it sounds like you just ran away from someone much better than you.
    Well...
    I agree with that, but it kind of depends on what the phantoms were using and what the "griefer" was using.
    If it was a full giant's MoM with a lightning dagger/chaos club against two phantoms, then I would disagree with you.

    If it was some guy with a +5 claymore in chain armor against two drake sword users... I'd agree with you.

    It kind of depends on what you think happened.

    Still don't think its justified. Giant bros aren't invincible and if you had a 3v1 I'm pretty sure that would have been a sure win.
    Re-read it. They'll one shot you with a dagger or club backstab, and the club will most likely one shot or two shot you whether it's a backstab or not.

    When I read that OP I don't think " oh this was an innocent host who got invaded by a griefer " . What kind of person sends " trolololol " to the invader after disconnecting anyway? Who even needs 2 phantoms to get through the parish anyway?
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:25 pm

    GenericUsername wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:So the person you pitted against two phantoms was a griefer? And even with those two phantoms on your side he still beat them? If anything it sounds like you just ran away from someone much better than you.
    Well...
    I agree with that, but it kind of depends on what the phantoms were using and what the "griefer" was using.
    If it was a full giant's MoM with a lightning dagger/chaos club against two phantoms, then I would disagree with you.

    If it was some guy with a +5 claymore in chain armor against two drake sword users... I'd agree with you.

    It kind of depends on what you think happened.

    Still don't think its justified. Giant bros aren't invincible and if you had a 3v1 I'm pretty sure that would have been a sure win.
    Re-read it. They'll one shot you with a dagger or club backstab, and the club will most likely one shot or two shot you whether it's a backstab or not.

    When I read that OP I don't think " oh this was an innocent host who got invaded by a griefer " . What kind of person sends " trolololol " to the invader after disconnecting anyway? Who even needs 2 phantoms to get through the parish anyway?
    If you had the chance to summon two phantoms, wouldn't you? Just saves you some time. If I was about to go through Township, I'd summon a phantom just to make it a little faster. Or the Burg, faster to have 2 people do a plunging attack then to have to reclimb the ladder. Or the Depths, Gaping Dragon is one of the longest boss fights in the game.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 359
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-03-30
    Location : Illinois

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Kirk-Barb on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:28 pm

    Sounds to me like this post is a "trololololol".


    Last edited by Kirk-Barb on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by GenericUsername on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:35 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:So the person you pitted against two phantoms was a griefer? And even with those two phantoms on your side he still beat them? If anything it sounds like you just ran away from someone much better than you.
    Well...
    I agree with that, but it kind of depends on what the phantoms were using and what the "griefer" was using.
    If it was a full giant's MoM with a lightning dagger/chaos club against two phantoms, then I would disagree with you.

    If it was some guy with a +5 claymore in chain armor against two drake sword users... I'd agree with you.

    It kind of depends on what you think happened.

    Still don't think its justified. Giant bros aren't invincible and if you had a 3v1 I'm pretty sure that would have been a sure win.
    Re-read it. They'll one shot you with a dagger or club backstab, and the club will most likely one shot or two shot you whether it's a backstab or not.

    When I read that OP I don't think " oh this was an innocent host who got invaded by a griefer " . What kind of person sends " trolololol " to the invader after disconnecting anyway? Who even needs 2 phantoms to get through the parish anyway?
    If you had the chance to summon two phantoms, wouldn't you?

    No.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:07 pm

    Op doesn't say he was ganking...coulda been questing.

    If I was questing and didn't do anything yet (+0 gear),my phantoms at best had a piece of stone armor on or something (prolly fat rolling), then I'd say it was one of the following:

    -Invader was over geared and trolling.

    -Invader got lucky and seemed invincible.

    -Invader was Godlike in pvp.


    Any which way, I wouldn't have dc'd. I will admit I have a strong dislike for over geared invaders with a great amount of skill able to kill a full 3 some because of their skill/gear combination.

    I'll also say I absolutely love to hear gankers cry, but again, the op does not say he was ganking.
    avatar
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 410
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-12-11
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by sure-magicians on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:12 pm

    Animaaal wrote:Op doesn't say he was ganking...coulda been questing.

    If I was questing and didn't do anything yet (+0 gear),my phantoms at best had a piece of stone armor on or something (prolly fat rolling), then I'd say it was one of the following:

    -Invader was over geared and trolling.

    -Invader got lucky and seemed invincible.

    -Invader was Godlike in pvp.


    Any which way, I wouldn't have dc'd. I will admit I have a strong dislike for over geared invaders with a great amount of skill able to kill a full 3 some because of their skill/gear combination.

    I'll also say I absolutely love to hear gankers cry, but again, the op does not say he was ganking.

    Sums it up nicely, plus 1...


    _________________
    psn: sure-magicians
    growing a beard...
    avatar
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1060
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-09-25
    Age : 19
    Location : Gensōkyō, In Search For I

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by tinypantha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 pm

    InfiniteDoomsday wrote:So, I'm in the Undead Parish, two phantoms with me, and an invader.
    After killing both phantoms, he runs at me like a fat kid chasing a hot dog stand. A split second before he lands a OHKO, I eject the disc.

    I message him via 'players met' and type in, "trololololol".
    XBL? or PS3 and if your XBL I want your Gamertag so I can BC out if I EVER invade you


    _________________
    Tehdoomgrasp wrote:Got a cute forum name, reminding me of a little panda. Taking that plus the avatar is making me squee manly squees.
    Je parle francais. Je pense.

    my favorite qoutes:

    Tolvo wrote:I want one that moans loudly just so players can get really confused and creeped out.

    "I
    just put a stone in that things mouth, with that face, and it sexually
    moaned. Alright I'm getting the hell out of here."
    avatar
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1523
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2012-05-05
    Location : Tama

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Rifter7 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 pm

    impressive.


    _________________
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:01 pm

    The guy was better than you three and you thought you can deprive his victory. If I was him I laugh.


    _________________
    avatar
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 423
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-10-11
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Walter_White on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:12 pm

    Host in Burg with a giant mom and elemental weapons around sl30..that's grief the griefer

    your are a coward and a sore loser


    _________________

    PSN: Dark_Sunbro
    Using my Black Eye Orb:
    SC, Old Spice, CW, Old Spice, 2h DBS, bow, roll+R1, R2 while getting up -> job done
    avatar
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 196
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-02-04
    Age : 33
    Location : NB, Canada

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Tchuwib on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:16 pm

    There no shame in dying in battle no matter the situation. When I'm starting a character and still don't have no gear and see a full Giant, I go for this scenarios. Get full naked. That way I'm saying "will it matter?". Sometime they respect that, get naked and we do a fist fight until a winner is declared. But once you have +5 weapon and a bit of armor upgrade, you can't back down from a fight. They got it harder then us, so we must respect them and face them.

    avatar
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Cleveland Ohio

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by CarverUpqik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:30 pm

    funny thing about this is i never get invaded at low sl by someone wanting to have fun its always a frickin chaos rapier user ppl need to quit being **** to new characters and pick on someone their own size i mean its not a super hassle its cause i kill most of em cuz im not taking chances when they pull out that rapier and i see them pull out a pyro hand i just charge and take em out


    _________________
    avatar
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 651
    Reputation : -23
    Join date : 2012-06-15
    Age : 104
    Location : The Abyss, tending to Kaathe.

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Derpwraith on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:So the person you pitted against two phantoms was a griefer? And even with those two phantoms on your side he still beat them? If anything it sounds like you just ran away from someone much better than you.
    Well...
    I agree with that, but it kind of depends on what the phantoms were using and what the "griefer" was using.
    If it was a full giant's MoM with a lightning dagger/chaos club against two phantoms, then I would disagree with you.

    If it was some guy with a +5 claymore in chain armor against two drake sword users... I'd agree with you.

    It kind of depends on what you think happened.
    He was a flipper, with an elemental washing pole, used pyromancy and stood with the channeler like 70% of the time. One phantom was well equipped, the other was meh.


    _________________


                                                PSN: x_-Vizionary-_x

    avatar
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 651
    Reputation : -23
    Join date : 2012-06-15
    Age : 104
    Location : The Abyss, tending to Kaathe.

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Derpwraith on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:24 pm

    Walter_White wrote:Host in Burg with a giant mom and elemental weapons around sl30..that's grief the griefer

    your are a coward and a sore loser
    Zer0 Fuqs Given, I'll ignore you from now on for trying to produce flamebait and failing.


    _________________


                                                PSN: x_-Vizionary-_x

    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by GenericUsername on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:45 pm

    So someone was ninja flipping with presumably crap armor, using pyro which is completely avoidable, and three people couldnt even clear the channeler. And even then you insist on sending some deluded form of bragmail to them after chickening out. Should have just taken defeat, because from the invaders standpoint, they just made someone rage so bad that they actually ejected the disk. They won that battle regardless.

    By the way,
    1 versus ninja flipper is annoying and understandable defeat
    2 versus ninja flipper should be close to a " normal " fight, it is completely possible to win in that situation.
    3 versus ninja flipper shouldn't even be a loss. There's no way they would have had enough stmaina and vitality to dodge and survive every hit.

    SECOND EDIT YO. I'm getting too caught up in this, no need to get over critical and come off as a jerk on my end. But put it simply, should have just died, then you pick up your souls and carry on. But with doing what you did, you made yourself look like a loser with quite a lot of butt hurt.


    Last edited by GenericUsername on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by GenericUsername on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:46 pm

    Tchuwib wrote:There no shame in dying in battle no matter the situation. When I'm starting a character and still don't have no gear and see a full Giant, I go for this scenarios. Get full naked. That way I'm saying "will it matter?". Sometime they respect that, get naked and we do a fist fight until a winner is declared. But once you have +5 weapon and a bit of armor upgrade, you can't back down from a fight. They got it harder then us, so we must respect them and face them.

    You sir, are a winner. +1

    Sponsored content

    Re: Grief the Griefer

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:54 am