Which one?

    Share
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:03 pm

    http://mmdks.com/1l43
    50 END or 45 DEX. I'm not casting anything, so I'm thinking about going with END for more equip options. DEX only adds 2 damage.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 689
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-09-04

    Re: Which one?

    Post by XachAttack on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 pm

    Well, since you aren't gonna be casting anything, I'de imagine 45 dex would be rather pointless. I pick up'ing End to 50 o/.


    _________________
    [__ It's go time!__]

    PSN: Xach_Attack
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

    XachAttack wrote:Well, since you aren't gonna be casting anything, I'de imagine 45 dex would be rather pointless. I pick up'ing End to 50 o/.
    That's what I was thinking, but 45 DEX just seems well rounded. I'm trying to remember if there's anything else that requires DEX other than casting speed.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Automancer on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

    50 End. Stay at 40Dex if you're not casting.

    You would really be better off with an Estoc or some other weapon that moves faster than the BSS. Having the BSS offhand is almost pointless since its specialty is in its R2.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:24 pm

    Automancer wrote:50 End. Stay at 40Dex if you're not casting.

    You would really be better off with an Estoc or some other weapon that moves faster than the BSS. Having the BSS offhand is almost pointless since its specialty is in its R2.
    BSS is one of the fastest Straight Swords... if you've played Demon's Souls and used duel Katanas, and you swapped between L1 and R1 for almost double the attack speed... well in Dark Souls, to do that you use a straight sword in your left hand. The L2 can IMMEDIATELY combo into an R1, thus, a faster straight sword is the better choice. Obviously, BSS is the best DEX straight sword, so I went with that. I could have gone with the Barbed Straight Sword for the extra bleed, but BSS looks better and it's faster.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Automancer on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:37 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:50 End. Stay at 40Dex if you're not casting.

    You would really be better off with an Estoc or some other weapon that moves faster than the BSS. Having the BSS offhand is almost pointless since its specialty is in its R2.
    BSS is one of the fastest Straight Swords... if you've played Demon's Souls and used duel Katanas, and you swapped between L1 and R1 for almost double the attack speed... well in Dark Souls, to do that you use a straight sword in your left hand. The L2 can IMMEDIATELY combo into an R1, thus, a faster straight sword is the better choice. Obviously, BSS is the best DEX straight sword, so I went with that. I could have gone with the Barbed Straight Sword for the extra bleed, but BSS looks better and it's faster.

    Any fast swinging weapon can combo L1>R1 so that's pointless.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:38 pm

    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:50 End. Stay at 40Dex if you're not casting.

    You would really be better off with an Estoc or some other weapon that moves faster than the BSS. Having the BSS offhand is almost pointless since its specialty is in its R2.
    BSS is one of the fastest Straight Swords... if you've played Demon's Souls and used duel Katanas, and you swapped between L1 and R1 for almost double the attack speed... well in Dark Souls, to do that you use a straight sword in your left hand. The L2 can IMMEDIATELY combo into an R1, thus, a faster straight sword is the better choice. Obviously, BSS is the best DEX straight sword, so I went with that. I could have gone with the Barbed Straight Sword for the extra bleed, but BSS looks better and it's faster.

    Any fast swinging weapon can combo L1>R1 so that's pointless.
    It's different with Straight Swords...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aOIRgz5QXM


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Automancer on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:42 pm

    It's the same. If you're just looking for combos, there are better weapon choices for that. The reason why i say it's pointless for the BSS to be in the offhand is because the true perks of that weapon is when wielding it in the mainhand.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:43 pm

    Automancer wrote:It's the same. If you're just looking for combos, there are better weapon choices for that. The reason why i say it's pointless for the BSS to be in the offhand is because the true perks of that weapon is when wielding it in the mainhand.
    Look at every other straight sword and tell me BSS doesn't have the highest AR.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Automancer on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 pm

    I was never talking about AR. If you're dual-wielding, you're looking to chain combos, damage isn't top priority. Take that video for example, the guy uses the Barbed SS because he's trying to catch unexpected combos while still building up bleed. Most offhand weapons have similar moveset/combos because weren't meant to be used in the offhand unlike specialized offhand ones like the Gold Tracer.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:10 pm

    Automancer wrote:I was never talking about AR. If you're dual-wielding, you're looking to chain combos, damage isn't top priority. Take that video for example, the guy uses the Barbed SS because he's trying to catch unexpected combos while still building up bleed. Most offhand weapons have similar moveset/combos because weren't meant to be used in the offhand unlike specialized offhand ones like the Gold Tracer.
    I know, I use the BaSS in my build too, and I also use a BSS over my Chaos Blade so I'm duel wielding BSS'. I know AR doesn't matter in chains like that, but bleed out at SL 120 isn't as common as you'd think, even with BaSS. I only use BSS over BaSS because of its longer reach, its faster speed, and it looks better in general. I don't care for bleed damage, I wouldn't even be using a Chaos Blade if it wasn't for the fact that the chains work best with Katanas and Straight Swords, and the CB has is the better choice because of its superior damage.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Automancer on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:20 pm

    No you don't. You're missing the point. I was simply referencing the usage of the Barbed SS with combos, i wasn't talking about you using bleed, AR or looks. All this while i'm just asking you to try other Dex weapons over the BSS because there are better and faster weapon variations that you can play with. BSS>Katana isn't the fastest dual wield combo out there.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:26 pm

    Automancer wrote:No you don't. You're missing the point. I was simply referencing the usage of the Barbed SS with combos, i wasn't talking about you using bleed, AR or looks. All this while i'm just asking you to try other Dex weapons over the BSS because there are better and faster weapon variations that you can play with. BSS>Katana isn't the fastest dual wield combo out there.
    If you can name one that's faster, I'll gladly use it.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Animaaal on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:33 pm

    45 dexterity is not what people think.

    -Your pyros begin to cast faster at 35, 45 is the cut off.

    -Most, not all, but most good sorceries don't recieve any bonus at all untill 45 dex. SO in some cases its 45 or nothing.

    -Certain miracles (spears) recieve bonuses up to 45 dex as well.

    Just random facts most people dont know. 45 dex is not the be all end all of castings like people think, especially when considering pyros as a stand alone.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:34 pm

    Animaaal wrote:45 dexterity is not what people think.

    -Your pyros begin to cast faster at 35, 45 is the cut off.

    -Most, not all, but most good sorceries don't recieve any bonus at all untill 45 dex. SO in some cases its 45 or nothing.

    -Certain miracles (spears) recieve bonuses up to 45 dex as well.

    Just random facts most people dont know. 45 dex is not the be all end all of castings like people think.
    Thanks, I'll definitely remember these facts next time I make any sort of magic build. happy



    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Automancer on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:36 pm

    Daggers, all rapiers, all curved swords, spears.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:41 pm

    Automancer wrote:Daggers, all rapiers, all curved swords, spears.
    A combination? I tried all those, you have to wait for the end of the animation from the L2 in order to R1, with Straight Swords and Katanas, you can R1 in the middle of the L2.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Automancer on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:Daggers, all rapiers, all curved swords, spears.
    A combination? I tried all those, you have to wait for the end of the animation from the L2 in order to R1, with Straight Swords and Katanas, you can R1 in the middle of the L2.

    The weapon classes i listed can attack with the L1 and parry except the spears. I personally like Falchion>Longsword, Dagger>Estoc or Estoc>Uchi R1 to R2.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 pm

    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:Daggers, all rapiers, all curved swords, spears.
    A combination? I tried all those, you have to wait for the end of the animation from the L2 in order to R1, with Straight Swords and Katanas, you can R1 in the middle of the L2.

    The weapon classes i listed can attack with the L1 and parry except the spears. I personally like Falchion>Longsword, Dagger>Estoc or Estoc>Uchi R1 to R2.
    I don't care for weapon parrying, I prefer blocking, it allows me to keep my weapon out for longer periods of time. If I want to parry, I switch out to Buckler, and if I get out I switch over to the Tracer for extra damage, then I go back to the CB.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Automancer on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:01 pm

    I'm just giving you suggestions whether you want to accept them or not.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:03 pm

    Automancer wrote:I'm just giving you suggestions whether you want to accept them or not.
    I know, and I am considering them whether you think I am or not. I only prefer this setup because I was a duel Katana user in Demon's Souls, so this really hit home for me. I got used to it right away.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Which one?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 pm