playstation 3 and hatemail

Virulas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

playstation 3 and hatemail

Post by Virulas on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:03 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else who play the playstation who loves hatemail as much as i do have trouble getting hatemail? Now im no troll, i dont go out of my way to get hatemail and i certainly dont use "unfair" tactics when im invading but i dont understand how its possibly so hard for someone to get hatemail.

Im not the best at this game, and i dont claim to be the best. Im good, just good enough that i am able to hold my own solo against someone with far more experiance at the game then me, ill lose yeah, but i can make them work for the win....unless they just spam WoTG in which case i usually am the one sending the hatemail.

Has an PS3 player ever gotten any form of hatemail for playing their PvP character and killing the host or just defending yourself from an invader?

EDIT: i dont use lloyds when im invading, i invaded their world the way i see it i dont belong there, so if they are able to get away from me and heal then by all means the deserve that heal

Ambrose Redmoon wrote: Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

PSN Username: SmithZombie
    Leader of Antiqua Potentia - Temporarily Disbanded
    Member of "The Insane"
    "I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Spoiler:
    My Build - SL100 - Stone Guardian
    Faith Co-Op build - SL120 - Holy Warrior
    PvP build - SL120 - Forest Troll
    Insane Build - SL 120 - The Insane Event Build
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: playstation 3 and hatemail

Post by densetsushun on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:14 am

I mostly fight Japanese players so I doubt the language gap helps them send hatemail. People tend to be quiet on PS3.

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 am

The only hatemail I ever got (I'm on PS3 too) was actually not even my fault. There was a day or two with really bad network stability and I got dropped from a game twice pretty rapidly. Turns out both times it was the same group of gankers in the forest. SO basically it looked like I disconnected twice in a row on them. The host called me a coward so I called out her need for summons and their fear when I went anywhere the trees.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 am

Virulas wrote:EDIT: i dont use lloyds when im invading, i invaded their world the way i see it i dont belong there, so if they are able to get away from me and heal then by all means the deserve that heal

Why is Lloyd's bad?

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:41 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Why is Lloyd's bad?

Anything that can kill or help you kill your opponent is bad. lol!

I'm on PS3 and only got one hatemail.

I was fighting in the arena. Me and this guy were probably evenly matched. We fought each other.

Then I got the opertunity for a BS and took it. I BSed him, and he fel on his face but took no damage. Before he got up I took lightning damage from nowhere. The he was suddenly behind me and BSed me. I know lagstabs aren't intentional, so I didn't mind. The rest of the fight was normal.

Then he crystaled out and sent me hatemail. It read, "wow hacker". I replied, "Says the guy that lagstabed me. Also, This game can't be hacked on this console LMAO". He replied, "I only backstabed you once. Also why can't I see you or target lock on you?" I replied, "No one else has complained about that. If they couldn't target lock me then I would be getting a ton of hatemail."

At first I thought it could've been a lag issue, but I was the one lagging. That means I would've been the one not being able to target lock. I never read about a no target lock glitch. I already know I wasn't hacking. The only possibility left is he was lying. It's amazing what people make up to justify their loss.

Obsessed

Post by Virulas on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 pm

reason i dont use lloyd's is for the simple reason that i feel that as an invader i should be challenged to kill my opponent, so if it makes my job challenging ill either not use an item, or i wont use certain gear.

I like a challenge, and as an invader i take the "Its their world, they get the advantage" mentality.

Ambrose Redmoon wrote: Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Member of "The Insane"

Spoiler:
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 am

I only play on PC these days and Power Within+WotG and other things all the time just to be evil and hardly ever get hatemail. I think the main reason is these people know that sending me hatemail won't change the fact that they died and also it takes effort to type up a hatemail message and will probably just make them more angry. Also why give me the satisfaction of showing how rustled their jimbobs are.

Edit - I usually only get hatemail when I win when the host has a summon. Seems to really get people mad.
    Virulas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Virulas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:46 am

so just xbox will get hatemail nine times out of ten? Why is it that xbox kiddies (not everyone who plays xbox falls into that catergory, only people that would be considered "squeakers" that act like the typical kid now a days, the "open mouth, insert foot" people) feel the need to send hatemail just because you are better than them?

is it because they are sore losers?

Member of "The Insane"

Spoiler:
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:21 am

the kids in America are going down hill at a faster rate than I though possible most are lacking in intelligence and generally act like the deserve to get what they want

I will protect my lord till the very end

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

GT:nsane32
    Steam:nsane32

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:02 am