Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Yesuurd
Maneater_Mildred
Lancelot
bloodpixel
8 posters

The rolling bs.

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The rolling bs. Empty The rolling bs.

Post by bloodpixel Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:03 am

I've been trying to master this technique for awhile now. I must say, it's quite effective against slower weapons.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The rolling bs. Empty Re: The rolling bs.

Post by Lancelot Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:04 am

Rolling in the direction that the opponent is moving, (i.e. they are circling you to the left, then you roll to the right in their direction) and you can easily get behind them.

Doing this when they attack boosts the effect.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 am

Now that your getting better at it.... Stop. only use in 3v1 against farmers/jumpers.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:48 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Now that your getting better at it.... Stop. only use in 3v1 against farmers/jumpers.
    Yeah, it get too boring if I keep succeeding. I also feel like a cheap ***.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:04 am

@bloodpixel

I love that move I have it all perfected and I think it's legit because just as you can be fishing for BS
    the other guy is fishing for stagger, no one frowns on stagger and I thing it is just dismissed and all the
    crap lands on bs, landing many bs takes more skill in many situations than just pressing r1 to stagger.

@Mildred

About the 3v1 I agree and disagree respectfully, if ne does not take too much advantage like chain BS and etc...care to discuss?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:23 am

I have ever only been roll bacl stabbed once, i dont see it as a big issue, thr fact i use a washibg pole though means i never get close enough for them to use it
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:52 am

Glutebrah wrote:I have ever only been roll bacl stabbed once, i dont see it as a big issue, thr fact i use a washibg pole though means i never get close enough for them to use it

Who and where are you fighting because I guarantee I can BS you while you use a washingpole
    let's give it a go someday...
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:57 am

IMO, the rolling bs is fair game. Evading an attack and sneaking in for the backstab is legit. I suck at at it though; every time I roll into someone for a roll BS, I get pulled out of the animation mid roll and backstabbed.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:58 am

Yesuurd wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:I have ever only been roll bacl stabbed once, i dont see it as a big issue, thr fact i use a washibg pole though means i never get close enough for them to use it

Who and where are you fighting because I guarantee I can BS you while you use a washingpole

I just finished my 120 for fight club. I also have a 70 i use alot, both same exact set up of weapons.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:

I just finished my 120 for fight club. I also have a 70 i use alot, both same exact set up of weapons.

I'll add you, wanna test that out happy

Or you can add me if you want, same user name ps3 if you are on ps3...
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:03 pm

strangejoy wrote:IMO, the rolling bs is fair game. Evading an attack and sneaking in for the backstab is legit. I suck at at it though; every time I roll into someone for a roll BS, I get pulled out of the animation mid roll and backstabbed.

I'll be happy to spar with you and try to show you how to do it.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:IMO, the rolling bs is fair game. Evading an attack and sneaking in for the backstab is legit. I suck at at it though; every time I roll into someone for a roll BS, I get pulled out of the animation mid roll and backstabbed.

Lol, I don't think I'm going to learn by getting backstabbed. But I'm happy to fight for other reasons.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:12 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:

Lol, I don't think I'm going to learn by getting backstabbed. But I'm happy to fight for other reasons.

No that's not the point, I did that with ted1023 I used a weapon and he practiced doing the roll attack on me
    and I pointed out what I do usually, he said he learned alot so I was offering that to you too.

It's like I am your punch dummy and I can tell you what I see you are doing wrong.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm glad to fight you guys, but I'll refrain from the BS i prefer hacking my way to victory (or most likely a loss silly)
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:

No that's not the point, I did that with ted1023 I used a weapon and he practiced doing the roll attack on me
    and I pointed out what I do usually, he said he learned alot so I was offering that to you too.

It's like I am your punch dummy and I can tell you what I see you are doing wrong.

Interesting. I think I sent you a friend request a while agove (eight_way_santa). I haven't been online much recently due to work, but I'll shoot you a line when I free up. When are you generally free?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:03 pm

@strangejoy

Sorry it's true I am bad remembering names and mostly how we have one name
    here and one for our characters.

@Serious_Much

I see your point and I learnt it on the FC but I think BS is a good thing to know also,especially to survive btw do you fight alot 3v1 and 2v1 and win without BS, I am curious to know how much you win without BS in these situations, my question does
    not have a hidden sarcasm btw I am truly interested for the sake of knowing.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:11 pm

I run away and crystal in a 2v1 situation, i never get 3v1 as i use red soapstone, which generally means I get 1 on 1s fortunately.

This only really applies to my duelling though, in random invasions even if it is just one guy i just BS with hornets ring. I'm there to screw with the guy's day, not fight him.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I run away and crystal in a 2v1 situation, i never get 3v1 as i use red soapstone, which generally means I get 1 on 1s fortunately.

This only really applies to my duelling though, in random invasions even if it is just one guy i just BS with hornets ring. I'm there to screw with the guy's day, not fight him.

Thought so, we are on the same page then big grin
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I run away and crystal in a 2v1 situation, i never get 3v1 as i use red soapstone, which generally means I get 1 on 1s fortunately.

Thought so, we are on the same page then big grin

Yeah pretty much, though if I do favour some PvP i usually duel, I just enjoy it more to e honest big grin
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:

I'll add you, wanna test that out happy

Or you can add me if you want, same user name ps3 if you are on ps3...

i am always up for duels. PSN Reelbigfishc22
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Rolling BS take much more practice than Pivot BS do. They are very effective against heavy weapons. IMO, those BS are fair. My buffed GC does insane damage, might as well take advantage of it's weakness. So, to help prevent against roll BS, I'll do several attacks unlocked (and change the direction of my attack - to behind me if they are trying to roll BS).

Pivot BS are also fair, IMO. They are pretty obvious when someone is going to pivot BS you, and it is avoidable (counter BS or roll like crazy). But, they take a lot less skill to pull off. That's why there are poise BS builds. People with minimal skill trying to poise BS you to death.

Sporadic BS keep the fights interesting.

That being said, anytime you spam a move, you become predictable. The best players will not only vary their moves and timing, but will be able to slaughter you if you are predictable.

The only cheap BS, IMO, is a lagstab. An OKI BS is close to cheap as well.

So, feel free to BS me during our duels. But, if you do, I'll repay the favor. happy

my $0.02

ps - I know many of you don't like BS, so I avoid them with you guys during our duels.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:06 pm

reim0027 wrote:Rolling BS take much more practice than Pivot BS do. They are very effective against heavy weapons. IMO, those BS are fair. My buffed GC does insane damage, might as well take advantage of it's weakness. So, to help prevent against roll BS, I'll do several attacks unlocked (and change the direction of my attack - to behind me if they are trying to roll BS).

Pivot BS are also fair, IMO. They are pretty obvious when someone is going to pivot BS you, and it is avoidable (counter BS or roll like crazy). But, they take a lot less skill to pull off. That's why there are poise BS builds. People with minimal skill trying to poise BS you to death.

Sporadic BS keep the fights interesting.

That being said, anytime you spam a move, you become predictable. The best players will not only vary their moves and timing, but will be able to slaughter you if you are predictable.

The only cheap BS, IMO, is a lagstab. An OKI BS is close to cheap as well.

So, feel free to BS me during our duels. But, if you do, I'll repay the favor. happy

my $0.02

ps - I know many of you don't like BS, so I avoid them with you guys during our duels.

That's pretty much how I feel too...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am