Forest is boring

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Forest is boring

Post by Midgar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:12 am

Had a guy 1v2 and he had to spam estus 6 times, sad. Glad im only here until ring of fog. Isnt it 3 kills and you get it? Ive killed four lol. Fighting in the depths is way more fun had two blues and a red invade for a FFA earlier, killed all 3 :p

Darktide - SL 160 - Dex/Int/Str Murakamo Build
    Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless
    I get negative rep points for making a valid point
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Forest is boring

Post by Lancelot on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:16 am

Lol I would always kill the Blue Phantoms when I invaded someone. Jerkish, I know, but I always found it funny.

But the forest can become boring at times, as it's just a big expanse of trees and no corridors or walls.

PSN: iMugBabies

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 am

Omg fooly cooly avatar, 6 kills now and no ring wtf?

Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:55 am

OOOOOOHHH I'm ecstatic that you recognize FLCL. But I changed it because I found an avatar that suits my name more relevantly.

You could also exchange a Skull Lantern with Snuggly for a Ring of Fog. Might be a tad easier.

PSN: iMugBabies
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:01 am

The forest still has its great moments. Earlier in the midst of killing farmers I entered a world where no joke, there was just one guy. Obviously I was sceptical at first, but I slowly approached and he bowed, I returned the favour. Him and I started our duel, and it was great. He killed me with a BS, but a deserved one. I did a rolling attack and totally left myself open. I invade, same world. By the way, all he had one was the Elite Helm and legs, and in one hand a Lightning Claw. We duel, great fight. Four more or so and we get into a great bout where both of us get to around 1-10 HP. Neither of us could even see health bars. Rather than get cowardly and dodge around, we just manned up and fought incredibly aggressively. I was watching as him and I both swung towards each other hoping to get the kill only to hear a hit land. I didn't even realize at first that I died, such a great fight. We exchanged PM's and now I have another good friend on PSN.

The forest isn't dead, it's just in a bad way. But it's kind of like Dark Soul in that regard. The best part in Dark Souls when first playing is that small percentage of the time when you're succeeding. Farmer after Farmer sucks, but once I find a duel that is what sticks with me. That duel is like a Pepsi in the middle of a desert. And boy do I cherish it.

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:44 am

Lancelot wrote:OOOOOOHHH I'm ecstatic that you recognize FLCL. But I changed it because I found an avatar that suits my name more relevantly.

You could also exchange a Skull Lantern with Snuggly for a Ring of Fog. Might be a tad easier.

Didnt know about snuggly trading it thanks. Must be glitched for the forest.

Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:45 am

Too bad pepsi in a desert would make you worse off lol.

Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:09 am

Tolvo wrote:The forest still has its great moments. Earlier in the midst of killing farmers I entered a world where no joke, there was just one guy. Obviously I was sceptical at first, but I slowly approached and he bowed, I returned the favour. Him and I started our duel, and it was great. He killed me with a BS, but a deserved one. I did a rolling attack and totally left myself open. I invade, same world. By the way, all he had one was the Elite Helm and legs, and in one hand a Lightning Claw. We duel, great fight. Four more or so and we get into a great bout where both of us get to around 1-10 HP. Neither of us could even see health bars. Rather than get cowardly and dodge around, we just manned up and fought incredibly aggressively. I was watching as him and I both swung towards each other hoping to get the kill only to hear a hit land. I didn't even realize at first that I died, such a great fight. We exchanged PM's and now I have another good friend on PSN.

The forest isn't dead, it's just in a bad way. But it's kind of like Dark Soul in that regard. The best part in Dark Souls when first playing is that small percentage of the time when you're succeeding. Farmer after Farmer sucks, but once I find a duel that is what sticks with me. That duel is like a Pepsi in the middle of a desert. And boy do I cherish it.

Well I don't know how it is on PSN but the forest on XBox is crazy as ever. Just in the last day or so I fought two mod toons during an invasion - I could not kill one due to infinite health but the host suicides himself and I received a crazy amount of souls. He PM'd me later and we talked about it which was cool. I was able to kill the other mod toon but not before he got me down to within an inch of my life (received a shot to the face from a crazy powerful crystal soul spear!!) - this toon took 4-5 shots from a SLB coated greatsword class weapon before he died and I GOT NO SOULS OR ITEM FOR MY TROUBLES. I was told there are some mod toons in the game with SL 0 - so that is why I didn't receive anything for killing him. Just got the satisfaction for killing a very strong but not invincible mod toon twisted !!

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

DeS - PSN ID: BROKEWILLY (N.A. server)
    Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:00 pm

When you invade in the forest, make sure to bring a lot of Lloyd's talismans. Toss them at the host ASAP. And, keep tossing them when they wear off.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:13 pm

reim0027 wrote:When you invade in the forest, make sure to bring a lot of Lloyd's talismans. Toss them at the host ASAP. And, keep tossing them when they wear off.

Lmao!! this reminds me of a fight I had a couple of days ago. I was invaded by a DW in the forest and during the fight that's all he kept doing..lol I was laughing so hard cause I never heal during a duel unless its with humanity and a 2 or 3 on 1. I know he couldn't have know that but I just kept thinking if he payed attentions to my attacks instead of throwing lloyds he would still be alive to tell the tail..lol ooh I have video..lol

ted4freestyle (youtube channel just vids of fun pvp)
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 pm

ted1023 wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:When you invade in the forest, make sure to bring a lot of Lloyd's talismans. Toss them at the host ASAP. And, keep tossing them when they wear off.

Lmao!! this reminds me of a fight I had a couple of days ago. I was invaded by a DW in the forest and during the fight that's all he kept doing..lol I was laughing so hard cause I never heal during a duel unless its with humanity and a 2 or 3 on 1. I know he couldn't have know that but I just kept thinking if he payed attentions to my attacks instead of throwing lloyds he would still be alive to tell the tail..lol ooh I have video..lol

ted wth have you been? chek your pm, missed you at the FC....

FC for life!!!
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Yesuurd wrote:ted wth have you been? chek your pm, missed you at the FC....

Two Words: THE WIFE!

Nuff said..lol

ted4freestyle (youtube channel just vids of fun pvp)
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Yeah, they can use humanity. But, they won't be able to constantly heal their phantoms.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:45 pm

ted1023 wrote:

Nuff said..lol

GOTCHA! My GF sequestered these past days also...hope to see you online soon.

Sorry I changed subject but the forest is not boring it's bootcamp, lemme tell you
    after fighting in the forest everyday, when you go to let's say anor londo and fight
    1v1 or 2v1 darkmoons or 1v1 anywhere after having the experience to survive the forest
    all out mayhem, you find it's a piece of cake, best way to see everything in this game
    is as an opportunity to evolve and gros skills.

FC for life!!!
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:50 pm

reim0027 wrote:Yeah, they can use humanity. But, they won't be able to constantly heal their phantoms.

reim0027 - thank you for the tip - you are right - hitting the host with some Lloyds will prevent them from healing their minions. This so bloody obvious - I simply overlooked using Lloyds in this way. This strategy could be used to rid the host of his minions (since the host usually hangs back a bit during a bang) so you can truely enjoy killing the them without interruptions.

Adding this little nugget of knowledge to the old play book.

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Tips:

-Don't chase the ones that hide or waste time looking for them.

-Use GMB at the beginning of each match, could save your life.

-Have WOTG ready if you are spawning on stairs for gangers which
    could go up and hack away at you, could save your life too.

-If you see TWOP run but use obstacle for them not to BS you.

-Use the ledge on the stairs where one usually spawns, it blocks
    ranged attacks at spawn, covers your back and gives gangers little
    space which if you cast WOTG might get lucky and make em drop
    down the ledge.

-Kill the host wisely, target different opponents to confuse em
    and avoid getting backstabbed.

-Use your surroundings.

FC for life!!!
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    ted1023 wrote:

Nuff said..lol

GOTCHA! My GF sequestered these past days also...hope to see you online soon.

Sorry I changed subject but the forest is not boring it's bootcamp, lemme tell you
    after fighting in the forest everyday, when you go to let's say anor londo and fight
    1v1 or 2v1 darkmoons or 1v1 anywhere after having the experience to survive the forest
    all out mayhem, you find it's a piece of cake, best way to see everything in this game
    is as an opportunity to evolve and gros skills.
    '

Yesuurd - I could not agree with you more. After invading the forest day after day - dealing with anything less chaotic is almost a let down. The heightened danger/stress level you experience during a forest invasion really helps you cope with almost any other challenge DkS may bring. In my opinion the forest is truely a crucible - it will transforms you into a much stronger and tougher player.

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30

barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:05 pm

@Yesuurd. Also, BS fish if the gankers begin to chase you, saved me loads of times.

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Yesuurd wrote:Tips:

-Don't chase the ones that hide or waste time looking for them.

-Use GMB at the beginning of each match, could save your life.

-Have WOTG ready if you are spawning on stairs for gangers which
    could go up and hack away at you, could save your life too.

-If you see TWOP run but use obstacle for them not to BS you.

-Use the ledge on the stairs where one usually spawns, it blocks
    ranged attacks at spawn, covers your back and gives gangers little
    space which if you cast WOTG might get lucky and make em drop
    down the ledge.

-Kill the host wisely, target different opponents to confuse em
    and avoid getting backstabbed.

-Use your surroundings.

I pretty much do that all the time, I don't win very often unless I have a competent teammate invade. There's only so much you can do, when the host just spams estus for himself or any time his phantom is in danger I pretty much accept death, I save time and just jump off a cliff at that point :/

Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:01 pm

So I was trying to rank up in Darkmoon, but instead kept getting invaded in the forest since I was hanging around there. Had 3 okay fights, won them all, they were all horrible, one guy used 2 humanity while we were fighting and ran into the trees before I killed him.

After that was plain awful, ran into this guy invading, first thing he does is pull out TWOP so I run up the stairs to avoid getting BSed and spam WoG a couple of times to buy me some time to make it go away. He uses TWOP twice more while trying to BS me the whole time(sad part is I'm out in the open). While he's doing that I whittle him down slowly, just when he hits 5% health he makes a run towards the trees to help him. I'm surrounded by four trees and he's just holding his shield up backing away for a good 2 minutes while I'm trying to get the final blow. Finally one of the trees grabbed me and took 3/4 of my health (N++) so I just estus, run 10 feet and sign out. So boring sad.

Edit: And no I had no phantoms helping me, it was purely 1v1 is the sad part, if it wasn't I would've understood him running away sigh.

Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Midgar wrote:So I was trying to rank up in Darkmoon, but instead kept getting invaded in the forest since I was hanging around there. Had 3 okay fights, won them all, they were all horrible, one guy used 2 humanity while we were fighting and ran into the trees before I killed him.

After that was plain awful, ran into this guy invading, first thing he does is pull out TWOP so I run up the stairs to avoid getting BSed and spam WoG a couple of times to buy me some time to make it go away. He uses TWOP twice more while trying to BS me the whole time(sad part is I'm out in the open). While he's doing that I whittle him down slowly, just when he hits 5% health he makes a run towards the trees to help him. I'm surrounded by four trees and he's just holding his shield up backing away for a good 2 minutes while I'm trying to get the final blow. Finally one of the trees grabbed me and took 3/4 of my health (N++) so I just estus, run 10 feet and sign out. So boring sad.

Edit: And no I had no phantoms helping me, it was purely 1v1 is the sad part, if it wasn't I would've understood him running away sigh.

Sorry about your bad experience hanging-out in the forest - I would have loved to invaded when you were hanging around (I'm on Xbox - if you are on XBox PM me your gamertag maybe can do a friendly duel under oaks). I enjoy 1v1s in the old forest (open spaces, obstacles, cliffs, etc) you can really let loose!! I only use the environment when the host tries to summon (although I can't be blamed if the fight spills over into an area occupied hostile trees, MPs, etc twisted). I receive more hate mail from hosts because a bunch of crazy bushs had their way them lol

We do have some quality fighters in the covenant - you were hopefully in there on a bad night. Don't get me wrong the covenant also has its share of slugs - those who wait for help, hide, runaway (I will run but only to get a tactical advantage in the event of a bang!), etc. Keep hang-out under the cool trees and hopefully your forest experience will improve in the near future.

Ikkaku - GL+3 (SL138)
    Limera - DW+3 (SL130)
    Yammi - GL+3 (SL84)
    Harribel - DW+0 (SL50)

Kempachi - SL144
    Soifon - SL30

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:26 am