Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
DigitaLinsanitY
RANT
XachAttack
7 posters

Need some help deciding on which variation I should use.

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Need some help deciding on which variation I should use. Empty Need some help deciding on which variation I should use.

Post by XachAttack Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Hey, so I've got 2 variations of the same build, but I'm not sure which one I should pick.

There's this one: http://mmdks.com/1kmb Which has leftover points put into Str so my quality weapons, which I have a truckload of available, will get more of a boost. But at the cost of 45 dex for max casting speed.

Then there's this one: http://mmdks.com/1kmd Which has the leftover points put into Dex for the max casting speed, for the cost of less damage for my quality weapons.

Both have an empty spell slot because I'm unsure of what to put in there. It changes frequently.

Personally I believe the 2nd build will help me decide what to put in, but I don't use spells that often anyway. However, since I'm more inclined to use my weapons, rather than pyro, I'm kinda leaning towards the first one, which was my original choice.

So, what do you guys think?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Need some help deciding on which variation I should use. Empty Re: Need some help deciding on which variation I should use.

Post by RANT Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:21 pm

45 dex for an sl 100 quality build is a waste, if you dont use payro much then you dont need those att slots(i myself had to remade my quality build because i never used my two attuned pyro i had) if you come up against a turtle you dont need pyro since you can swap to a shotel to deal with them.
    you reallyh only need 27 str to get the most out of your weapons(2h), mine looks like this http://mmdks.com/1kmp you can do wahtever you want with the armor, that's just my set up cause it looks awesome.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Need some help deciding on which variation I should use. Empty Re: Need some help deciding on which variation I should use.

Post by XachAttack Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:59 pm

I can't not use pyro, control over fire has been a favorite super power of mine since I was little lol. You're right that I could just use 27 str, but I one hand my weapons most of the time, so that little boost will help.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Response a bit late but for what it's worth you can save 4 soul levels by going warrior instead (i believe). ** edit, sorry this is wrong, it comes out the same due to attunement.

Also, with your stats I would use a mukarumo (or w/e it's called). More of a personal preference than anything (it's heavier but you have plenty of equip left over)
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:40 pm

I use about 19 or so weapons with this build, and the Murakumo is one of them lol. Thanks for the reply o/.

The Claymore/Longsword combo there is just my most used one, so I decided to put them there, rather than it being empty.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:44 pm

I think you should invest in Faith for Great Magic Barrier, you never know when an Archmage might stroll on by. winking
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:55 pm

If the only casting you are using is a combustion, then investing in dex is almost a waste.

Also, the decrease in casting times for pyros in which this applies to start at 35, and max out at 45. The decrease in casting time at 40 dex is definitely noticable. However, having 45 dex for the sole purpose of casting a combustion faster is a waste.

The only exception is the kick-->combustion combo. Some have stated that having 40 dex results in the combo missing at times, and having 45 dex makes the "misses" less frequent.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 am

http://mmdks.com/1lzx go with this or take 2points out of vit for 1 att slot black flame. for 45dex 16str is much much better
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 am

Go with the first one. Decrease strength to 32 and increase att to 14 happy
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 am

I guess I forgot to mention this ._. sorry. The build's been done for a few days lol, so please stop posting here XD.

Though, I appreciate the replies, thanks o/.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:01 am