Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Share
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:53 pm

    Black Flame just needs 61, I'm pretty sure.


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 490
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-03-15
    Age : 25

    Re: Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Post by Elifia on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:07 pm

    Saturday-Saint wrote:Black Flame just needs 61, I'm pretty sure.
    This thread disagrees with you:
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t14739-a-little-black-flame-research
    It's the only thread I could find that did actual research. The poster seems to be a little confused on the damage type though, stating that it deals fire damage, even though he's seen people being adamant that it deals physical damage. It deals both.


    _________________
    PSN: Elifia, Elifialt
    I'm back from being gone!
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Post by reim0027 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 pm

    I remember, way back in the day, I used a BGKA build. It was a MoF/Giant/DWGR with BKGA and Demon's Spear off hand. At that point, it wasn't considered a gank/troll build. It was damn effective. Times have changed.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Post by Dubscythe on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 am

    Well thanks for all the advice guys, I'm working on the build and hopefully I can PvP some of you soon, though most of you seem to be on Xbox.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Post by The Letter X on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:41 am

    Dubscythe wrote:Well thanks for all the advice guys, I'm working on the build and hopefully I can PvP some of you soon, though most of you seem to be on Xbox.

    If I had to guess, the only people that posted in this thread and are on Xbox are Rynn and I.


    _________________
    avatar
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1282
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2013-02-11
    Location : Shayol Ghul

    Re: Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Post by AnCapaillMor on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:46 am

    It's about the only weapon i can parry most of the time so i look up to it.


    _________________
    PSN: AnCapaillMor

    PC:AnCapaillMor

    XBOX: I'll give you 2 guesses
    avatar
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

    Posts : 4226
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2012-01-16
    Age : 104
    Location : Jupiter

    Re: Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Post by Emergence on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:00 am

    Elifia wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:Black Flame just needs 61, I'm pretty sure.
    This thread disagrees with you:
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t14739-a-little-black-flame-research
    It's the only thread I could find that did actual research. The poster seems to be a little confused on the damage type though, stating that it deals fire damage, even though he's seen people being adamant that it deals physical damage. It deals both.

    Lord's test is accurate as far as poise, and Sentiel also confirmed it in a later test. BF breaks 61, so 62 poise will let you tank one cast.


    _________________
    This Forum is a bonfire.  Thank you all for kindling it.  

    Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

    Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

    Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon
    avatar
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 533
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-03-17
    Location : United States of Daku Souru

    Re: Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Post by lordgodofhell on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:41 pm

    Emergence wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:Black Flame just needs 61, I'm pretty sure.
    This thread disagrees with you:
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t14739-a-little-black-flame-research
    It's the only thread I could find that did actual research. The poster seems to be a little confused on the damage type though, stating that it deals fire damage, even though he's seen people being adamant that it deals physical damage. It deals both.

    Lord's test is accurate as far as poise, and Sentiel also confirmed it in a later test. BF breaks 61, so 62 poise will let you tank one cast.

    Oh snap Emergence promoting dat thread cheers

    E pleeeease tell people in chat about this, they swear by their own poor souls that it is 61 when it is not. And yes, I initially thought black flame to deal fire damage, but after more testing, the forum found it to deal split damage fire/physical with the majority being fire.


    _________________
    PSN GAJTHEGHOST

    The Pantheon

    Sponsored content

    Re: Is the BKGA still looked down upon?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:36 am