Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Dj-B-Man-Jr
DarkW17
Yesuurd
aceluby
Lancelot
strangejoy
barecanvas
LOLRagezzz
Toastfacekillah
User
Artorias
15 posters

Moonlight Greatsword

Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Moonlight Greatsword Empty Moonlight Greatsword

Post by Artorias Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 am

This weapon has become very popular lately, i swear i was like the only one using it pre-patch.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Moonlight Greatsword Empty Re: Moonlight Greatsword

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:07 am

The reason why, was because the sword is damn annoying to get for most. When phantoms volunteer to get it for me (even though I never use it, or need it for that matter), I waste about 7-11 Estus Flasks for those Phantoms alone, because the tail keeps smashing them over and over. They just do it for me, and I don't even want it.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:08 am

It also has an S scaling at +5 with int big grin
    One of my favorite weapons along with chaos blade cheers
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:31 am

It drives me nuts - the stun-lock capability on that thing is ridiculous when compared to other greatswords.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:32 am

Its very easy to dodge though
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:32 am

Artorias wrote:Its very easy to dodge though

This
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:34 am

What do you mean lol!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:35 am

I never understood the fear of the sword. I have fought against such users of it, but the magic it uses for range, the vertical swing launch of magic it does, is easily dodged and apparently does little to no damage in many cases, acting as a Force miracle. The damage of the sword is also pretty weak too, compared to what I can do, and isn't very fast that it would be threatening. The magic-only proportion of it would seemingly be its downfall, as magic can easily be removed from harm if such miracle or magic-resistant shield users come to play. The stun lock seems to be its only upside, as well as its high intelligence scaling. I do not see much respect or quality towards the sword. its just a sword to me.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:37 am

True, but when it catchs you...... godammit! - The blast it does appears to be pretty uselsess to me though, I don't think I've ever been hit by it.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:59 am

I got hit twice by it, and have seen people get hit many times. I never block it, just roll (even if my weight is over 50%, which is usually). I look at their HP bars, and I see no change to it. It might be me, but does it do any damage? It doesn't seem to be doing any, does it? I've got hit by it once, and noticed that my bar did not change a bit, and I was wear black knight armor, which is not the greatest magic resistance compared to other armors.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:01 am

MGS+tin crystalization cat+ black cleric robe+ homing crystal soulmass spam= every intel build on dark souls.

Even though im an intel build, I hate thay sword. And spell
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:03 am

I hit people with the blast all the time. They key is not to use it when your opponent can dodge. It's perfect for hitting people off cliffs when they flask, spanking people on wakeup (don't lock), hitting people when they use firestorm or sword dance, and hitting people in closed quarters.

The main downside to the sword is that its backstabs are sort of mediocre and it makes you vulnerabe to GMB. Otherwise, it's solid.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:07 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:I got hit twice by it, and have seen people get hit many times. I never block it, just roll (even if my weight is over 50%, which is usually). I look at their HP bars, and I see no change to it. It might be me, but does it do any damage? It doesn't seem to be doing any, does it? I've got hit by it once, and noticed that my bar did not change a bit, and I was wear black knight armor, which is not the greatest magic resistance compared to other armors.

It does quite a bit of damage. I'd say it's about 150% of the damage of the normal R1 strike. You must have lucked out due to lag.

Fun factoid about the R2 blast: it's considered a melee attack for the purposes of the dragon roar, so it goes up 25-30 something percent if you roar first.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:15 am

I've seen people get hit by it, but their bar barely moves. I got hit twice, and maybe that one time is the said case as you made. The second I did take damage with my 1100 HP character. My bar DID barely move. I don't know, it seems a little weak in those terms. Of course the ranged damage of other dragon weapons does not show as weaker than those. Still, it is pretty cook how it works with Dragon Roar.

Now you reminded me of the Naked Summon Phantoms. They don't show the dragon body when you hover their summon sign, till they actually come to your world. As well as the Egg Head, it is hard to say whether I should summon them or not, cause I can't tell if their Dragonoid or naked. (their is a difference).
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 am

So does the Int really affect the damage dealt with the MLGS?
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:38 am

Lancelot wrote:So does the Int really affect the damage dealt with the MLGS?
    yes. The swords is based on all magic dmg with S scaling on intel
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:40 am

I'll be sure to nab it next time I face Seath.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:27 am

Lancelot wrote:I'll be sure to nab it next time I face Seath.

Have fun... took me a better part of an hour to get it on NG+
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:40 am

That sword is a hell, the stagger is OP and teh ranged attack hurts, true it is easy ti dodge, easier than claymore and other weapons which cover more circumference but still.

I will say it again,the moment you see this sword, cast GMB and you will probably kill your opponent with ease.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:02 pm

To acidic cook, lol you must not have faced me with this weapon with my INT at 60 I have seen my 2handed magic slam attack hit 750 and the one handed 450-500. That being said it is slow but not useless as with any other weapon in the game its all about timing( like right after a BKGA miss) and with the one handed magic slams stagger and the 1 handed stunlock I have won several pvp matches flawless. I switch it up but it can be pretty effective. lol the one handed magic slam is also great when people run scared trying to hit a flask gets them quickly every time.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Hah! I see how the sword might work in your favor, but it is nonetheless insolent and puny compared to mine. With a demon Great Hammer, the stats lie of my AR, as my hits usually do more damage than they say. Even so In consise of the Occult and Divine for both invading and the invaded, which do bonus damage similar to criticals do. And of course, I have my normal Great Hammer. With the power of the sun, the Sunlight Blade, I do over 1000 damage for my AR. That is, I once killed an enemy with 1200 damage on them when they invaded me, and i can do over 1500 damage to someone with a pivot back-slap, or even close to 1700 with a parry and riposte. Although slower, my Hammer can slam you on the ground, and then hit you again. I will stagger you with every hit, no matter if you wear giant or smough, and I will crush you with my might. I have no fear of the Sword, and I do not fear yours.

Both two handed or one handed, Divine occult or Buffed, I am the power of death. One to Two hits will kill all, no matter how much they pour to their armor and vitality. I will destroy you. No spears, no lightning, no magic of any sort other than replenishment and Sunlight Blade being my miracles of choice. My armor being a combination of the hollowed warriors and the clerics. So when i say I fear not that sword, I mean I fear not it at all. I see that most who use the sword have the Soul Spear or, mostly, White Dragon Breath. Your intelligence does not rank much your weapon after 50, as well as any stats. With only faith and strength being my arm, I can say with pride that I can beat you.

Point Forward

'can' is a key word Sun
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:07 pm

LOL sound like you weapons are beasts for sure but remember with all the damage in the world that you can do you still have to catch with those 2 hits. Size isn't everything tho with my hornets on I can parry 1800 with velkas rapier so huge damage can be achieved with many other weapons than just huge hammers...no offense at all! I dont use any catalyst spells in pvp period the only time I pull my catalyst out is to use crystal magic weapon buff my weapons. I do use miracles and pyro but dont spam them. Also I dont just use the MLGS the Great Lord sword is one of my favorites or buffed weapons. LOL maybe your hammer would crush me but with what your wearing you had better hit me as my stunlock would shred you with such little poise. I am not questioning your skill at all however I was more responding to the statement you made that the magic damage from it did nothing....simply not the case it.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:17 pm

I go ape **** the moment i see someone using that sword, i don't care if you're honorable or not, if you use that sword against me your *** is getting destroyed by any means necessary!
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:19 pm

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

i want a front row seat. I'll host. Painted world. Tonight? I'm even willing to record and upload to youtube.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:24 pm

why would you fight like a chump just because you see this sword? Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm