Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
PwnasauresRex
zwanzig-tausend
Icegodzilla
Comrade Sparkle
ResIsBestStat
VMatrixX
Ahhotep1
DaemonNacht
DigitaLinsanitY
Paragon
Hugh_G_Johnson
Squashy_Avocado
swordiris
Soris Ice Goldwing
Zerounknown
JamieJae
billy_bayonet
Latitoast
Jwebby6
User1
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
26 posters

Messengers of Velka Rise.

Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Messengers of Velka Rise. - Page 40 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

Post by Encore Thu May 30, 2013 8:23 pm

What SL are you Insane?
    JamieJae
    JamieJae
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JamieJae Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 pm

70, so that guy must of had tons of sin
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu May 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Tons of sin means business. Go for him and punish him!
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Thu May 30, 2013 8:43 pm

I do not understand just how sin and SL works in this case.
    JamieJae
    JamieJae
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JamieJae Thu May 30, 2013 8:52 pm

If a darkmoon invades down 10% + 10 (meaning a level 50 could invade 1-65) then I can invade a level 53-87 with at least 1 sin. If this guy was a level 30 he would need to have invaded and killed low level players who indicted him. I say he is sl level 30 as I got 543 souls for killing him. at sl level 30 I think you need 5430 souls or so to level up. I got 10% of the souls he needed to level up. this means he had something like 25 or so sin, so that I could invade him at sl level 70

Sorry if that was confusing at all, wasn't sure of the best way for me to word that.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Thu May 30, 2013 8:54 pm

I did understand half of it, thank you very much for explaining to me.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 31, 2013 10:57 am

Insane I like to hear what you got over there last night.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri May 31, 2013 11:18 am

I'm finally gonna get some time this weekend to do some invading and am going to kick off in a couple of areas... Can you suggest starting areas for me anyone please? Bearing in mind I am going on Rank 1 here happy
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 31, 2013 11:31 am

Maybe places like Sen's can work? Depends on the sl you have really.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri May 31, 2013 11:38 am

I currently have 2 DM's both +2 SL120 and SL55. I'm working on a new DMB though which I still need to build...
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri May 31, 2013 11:49 am

I've been noticing less traffic on PS3 in the normal spots lately, so I decided to search around last night and at the very least try do something a little different.  My first stop was the Depths which was pretty slow, but honestly better than what I thought.  The highlight was an invasion where I went from the Blighttown gate to the bonfire then following the dead bodies, falling through to the  :bas: area... seeing 'summoning phantom...' down there and knowing it's Lautrec.  I managed to get to the host, Lautrec and human summon before they all got to the fog.  I used wog to do some damage and keep phantoms off me, the host went for the fog and I missed a small plunge attack on the stairs and tried one last desperate wog before the host made the fog -- it landed, but the host was gone when I went to follow it up... I turned my attention to the phantoms to take my frustrations out on them... and saw "Target Destroyed".   big grin cheers I was sooo pumped to get that ear.  I thought I lost that one for sure three times.

Anyway, I moved on to Blighttown since it was right there and the Guerrilla Warfare event will be there in 15 days.  I didn't get too many interesting invasions there as I'd hoped (I have 2 sets of wog and a force, so I was ready  twisted ).  I had better luck at the start and at the first bonfire, rather than at the last bonfire interestingly.  

I was trying to do Dark AL invasions as well, the whole time but they've been curiously sparse lately.  I had one funny one where I couldn't figure out what the hell the red and the host were doing and I didn't feel like ganking myself, so I got out the ol' binocs and watched.  Finally they started fighting, I thought maybe they were dueling or wanted to see what I'd do... but I was enjoying the view with my great camera work when all of a sudden the host summons someone -- I put put the binoculars away post haste.  I put DMB on and got some chip damage, so the host runs and heals... I sprint for him and get a BS in after the heal, but still good enough to turn him to mist.  The phantom who'd been a late arrival and busy with the red turned his attention to me and I turned him into mist as well.  

For some crazy reason I tried the Demon Ruins.  I used to hand out there a ton, but haven't been there in I don't know how long.  The invasions were fast and furious all night long.  It was mostly Japanese people, but I was having very little trouble with them for the most part and was even able to prevail in a majority of the really laggy fights.  It was quite a night and I racked up a ton of ears there to go with the modest total I scrapped together in the previous locations.

Ah... just in time Hali. big grin  I think I'll just send all our new members to the Painted World to start; as I said before it's a fitting spot for a Messenger of Velka to begin.  Try the Butterfly Forest for day 2 and I think I will make my new 'discovery'; the Demon Ruins day 3.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks for the "Guerrilla Warfare" promo Hugh! One good turn always deserves the same!!! big grin

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Fri May 31, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri May 31, 2013 12:11 pm

sure thing... you don't miss much, do you?
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri May 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Lol @ Ahhotep... spying on us covenants huh?!

@ Hugh - thanks for pointing me in the right direction - I need to get to PW to complete my build. Here is my planned final result. I have tried to stick to Velka equipment like a purest. Obviously the armour will only be availble once I go into NG+. I seem to find its faster levelling up to 120 so try and get there as quickly as I can without missing out on the key items in the game. Thoughts are appreciated happy

http://mmdks.com/2joz
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 31, 2013 1:05 pm

In all honesty you guys think the painting is one of the best places to hunt as a darkmoon? Also does anyone know that if you kill Priscilla you get sin?
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Fri May 31, 2013 1:07 pm

I knew that. I know nothing about good places to invade to be honest.
    zwanzig-tausend
    zwanzig-tausend
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zwanzig-tausend Fri May 31, 2013 1:12 pm

...and how do you plan on winning with it?

Karmic Justice without a shield is suicide. You NEED to use a shield that doesn't provide 100% physical defense. Grass Crest Shield, Sanctus, Dark Hand and Cleansing Greatshield are a couple examples.

Why would one use Vow of Silence when you can have Great Magic Barrier? Both are self-buffs (you couldn't use them together or either together with Karmic Justice), yet with VoS, your opponent just steps out of range and casts his buff then comes at you whereas GMB protects you from 90% of ALL magic damage. So what kills spellcasters more efficiently, VoS or GMB? VoS is only better when you pair it with a certain tactic playing on keeping your opponent at bay. I didn't recognize that with your build.

And, why the rings? That choice really is... intriguing.

You don't need to trim a build on being most precisely-looking a messenger of Velka. Even if, then you'd need to use Black Cleric set ;p. If you can, you could rather make a build that actually works and by chance may use one or two Velka items... ;p
    My Iron Havel uses none at all.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri May 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:Lol @ Ahhotep... spying on us covenants huh?!

@ Hugh - thanks for pointing me in the right direction - I need to get to PW to complete my build. Here is my planned final result. I have tried to stick to Velka equipment like a purest. Obviously the armour will only be availble once I go into NG+. I seem to find its faster levelling up to 120 so try and get there as quickly as I can without missing out on the key items in the game. Thoughts are appreciated happy

@Hugh and Hal...spying? Hahaha! Not at all. And, no..I don't miss much. It's a habit from the old "fast and furious" days in the cove sec. It pays greatly to monitor selected threads.

Otherwise, I would simply lurk as others do. LOL

Besides MoV and the Exiled have a great deal in common. Read our Op and you shall see. biggrin

Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri May 31, 2013 1:35 pm

@zwanzig: I'm going for a pure Velka build. So only items carried by Oswald or found in PWoA or other known DMB's... purely cosplay ideas happy
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri May 31, 2013 1:58 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:Lol @ Ahhotep... spying on us covenants huh?!

Well... I would echo 20's concerns, as well. Perhaps a more liberal interpretation of 'darkmoons'? The guys who show up in Dark Anor Londo have shields... big grin All my builds are Darkmoons... they all have FAP ring and the Xanthous Waistcloth. Hey that is from the Painted World! Plus high defense, low weight and super swag! big grin big grin No matter what, you should get the Brass Set before you go to NG+, because you'll have to kill Gwyndolin to get it.

--------

@Ahho... yeah, I while back I had a build in mind and I had the perfect name for it, too! It was gunna be great! You know what happened next? I checked out your thread... "Rank 2 Velka's Blade" SUNNOVA-MOTHER!!

I can think of nothing more annoying in this world than having your idea stolen before you can even come up with it! twistedevil twistedevil twistedevil twistedevil twistedevil

So, yeah... it's good to sp-er, keep tabs on other covenants.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Honestly, Hugh...I see no reason why you couldn't name a character by that name. Billy took the name "the dark lord" in his cove but others have since named their chars as such. Cause they can. If everyone could claim "ownership" over every little thing choice would dwindle to nothing of much interest for many!

When it is Cove to Cove stuff...yes, the rules do change. As E's sticky outlines. However, there is always inter-cove communication and deals worked out. This simply maintains good covenant relations within the covenant section. Outside of RP, of course. Though E does cover RP etiquette for coves and chars.

BTW...If I were to sneak into your Cove Chatango (the link is public)...I would consider that spying! And very un-cool! I don't do un-cool!
    lol!

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Fri May 31, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 31, 2013 2:26 pm

Side note for a second: We are page 67, covenants never branch off right? Should tell someone tell swordiris to prepare another thread for us?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri May 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Side note for a second: We are page 67, covenants never branch off right? Should tell someone tell swordiris to prepare another thread for us?

Yes, it will "split" into two threads. You guys will have to consider making a new thread soon.

My past threads have gone has high as 76 pages, I think.

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Fri May 31, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 pm

I see. Well I think he said he is in Orlando for the week. So I guess we still have time.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri May 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I see. Well I think he said he is in Orlando for the week. So I guess we still have time.

I checked my old threads. I was wrong. There was a 72 page thread in the TotG. Best to ask a Admin or Mod to make sure. You really don't want your thread to split. It happened once with the LH thread...it was a major hassle. surprised

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am