Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Share
    avatar
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 457
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Everywhere there is evil to be fought!

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Paragon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:27 pm

    For evidence of the Falchions awesomeness check out OroboroTheNinja's "The quest for hatemail" on Youtube. It speaks for itself.


    _________________
    Messengers of Velka

    "Prepare to get Mike Tyson'd, Sinner"
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:28 am

    I know the falchion awesome. That's mainly why I'm making this build happy
    avatar
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Location : World of the Guilty

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:57 am

    luvz2fight wrote:The only type of turtle i ever have trouble with is the kind that use the environment for cover. These are the most experienced and easily the most dangerous turtles. The two strategies mentioned above will not work. The only trick I know that works is to get your WoG rag out and WoG them through the obstacle.

    I hope this helps Jwebby

    "Wog rag", huh? Where'd ya get that? silly I love that trick... I had a guy try to hide behind a pillar and cast firestorm one time. :no: It didn't work out the way he wanted. Try to hide the switch, too so they can't see it coming. You can go the other way with that, too. If they know you have wog, switch to your talisman so they can see it -- some people will back off and you can buff in the middle of a fight.


    I can't say enough about rapiers versus ninja flippers. I'm actually using velka's in my off hand. Although I can't do a running attack; I don't need to. It's there to quickly counter against foes with large weapons and to catch ninjas between flips. Usually one or two hits will stun-lock them too, so I can go to town if I want. If there's a parry threat I can take my time or give 2 or 3 quick thrusts then use my main weapon to break the timing and do more damage.


    _________________

    Messengers of Velka proudly allied with: The Exiled  Coffee! MoV Chat Coffee!
    avatar
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 457
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Everywhere there is evil to be fought!

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Paragon on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 am

    darn you caught me Hugh. Its just so catchy, I mean WoG rag?!? It was so funny the first time I heard you use it I knew I was gonna be using it in my vocab from then on.


    _________________
    Messengers of Velka

    "Prepare to get Mike Tyson'd, Sinner"

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by User1 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:35 am

    It's a shame I have never been good enough to get an Obsidian Greatsword.
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:13 pm

    I'm definitely willing to help anyone get the OGS. It's not particularly hard, it just requires patience.
    PVP has been pretty dead for me lately. Where have you guys been invading? Last night I only got 2 in the Kiln, and about 4 in the Township. It was awful.
    avatar
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 457
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Everywhere there is evil to be fought!

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Paragon on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:44 am

    Good practice today Jwebby, you were an excellent pupil. +1


    _________________
    Messengers of Velka

    "Prepare to get Mike Tyson'd, Sinner"
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Texas

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by swordiris on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 pm

    Jwebby6 wrote:I'm definitely willing to help anyone get the OGS. It's not particularly hard, it just requires patience.
    PVP has been pretty dead for me lately. Where have you guys been invading? Last night I only got 2 in the Kiln, and about 4 in the Township. It was awful.

    I've been getting plenty in township actually.

    What time did you invade?

    Also finished getting build to level 30. Now I just have to ring the second bell, get the lordvessel, save dusk and access the dlc to fight Kalameet.


    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 pm

    @luvz2fight and you were an excellent teacher +1 (ill do it later. I'm in a bit of a hurry. This just happened to still be open on my computer)

    @sword can't remember but it was pretty late. Can you post a link to your build? I'm interested to see what you've got. And just let me know when you want to do it. I'll help in any way. Oh and try to get a weapon with a vertical running attack. +14 or +15 standard is best. Kalameet has good resistances. And make sure you can fast roll.

    oh and what do you guys think of my SL 55 Build?


    Last edited by Jwebby6 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding build link)
    avatar
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 457
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Everywhere there is evil to be fought!

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Paragon on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:19 pm

    I checked your build. It would actually be better for you to start out as a warrior for that build. Doing so would give you two extra levels to spend on vitality or whatever. Did you check the best class finder after you entered the stats you wanted. In the future I would recommend that you do in order to maximize your returns.


    _________________
    Messengers of Velka

    "Prepare to get Mike Tyson'd, Sinner"
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 pm

    I did check it. The warrior class starts with 8 attunement, 11 resistance (wanderer has 12), and 9 faith (wanderer has 8] With all other stats remaining the same, that puts me at SL 53. So, that means I'll have to put 2 SL's into attunement to reach 10 ( the amount for 1 slot). Which leaves me at SL 55 with one less resistance and one wasted point on faith. I'd much rather have the one resistance, than the wasted faith point. True, the wanderer wastes a point on attunement, but at least I get the other point in resistance.


    Last edited by Jwebby6 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid 8+) smiley)
    avatar
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 457
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Everywhere there is evil to be fought!

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Paragon on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:47 pm

    Jwebby6 wrote:I did check it. The warrior class starts with 8 attunement, 11 resistance (wanderer has 12), and 9 faith (wanderer has 8] With all other stats remaining the same, that puts me at SL 53. So, that means I'll have to put 2 SL's into attunement to reach 10 ( the amount for 1 slot). Which leaves me at SL 55 with one less resistance and one wasted point on faith. I'd much rather have the one resistance, than the wasted faith point. True, the wanderer wastes a point on attunement, but at least I get the other point in resistance.

    It is almost universally agreed upon that resistance is useless in PvP. Resistance is futile, literally.


    _________________
    Messengers of Velka

    "Prepare to get Mike Tyson'd, Sinner"
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:51 pm

    I realize this, but it is definitely better than a faith point that will get no use.
    avatar
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Location : World of the Guilty

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:55 pm

    luvz2fight wrote:
    Jwebby6 wrote:I did check it. The warrior class starts with 8 attunement, 11 resistance (wanderer has 12), and 9 faith (wanderer has 8] With all other stats remaining the same, that puts me at SL 53. So, that means I'll have to put 2 SL's into attunement to reach 10 ( the amount for 1 slot). Which leaves me at SL 55 with one less resistance and one wasted point on faith. I'd much rather have the one resistance, than the wasted faith point. True, the wanderer wastes a point on attunement, but at least I get the other point in resistance.

    It is almost universally agreed upon that resistance is useless in PvP. Resistance is futile, literally.

    I wonder if that's the only reason they put that in... It would not surprise me at all. I mean look at the :pendant: ...


    _________________

    Messengers of Velka proudly allied with: The Exiled  Coffee! MoV Chat Coffee!
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:02 pm

    Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    luvz2fight wrote:
    Jwebby6 wrote:I did check it. The warrior class starts with 8 attunement, 11 resistance (wanderer has 12), and 9 faith (wanderer has 8] With all other stats remaining the same, that puts me at SL 53. So, that means I'll have to put 2 SL's into attunement to reach 10 ( the amount for 1 slot). Which leaves me at SL 55 with one less resistance and one wasted point on faith. I'd much rather have the one resistance, than the wasted faith point. True, the wanderer wastes a point on attunement, but at least I get the other point in resistance.

    It is almost universally agreed upon that resistance is useless in PvP. Resistance is futile, literally.

    I wonder if that's the only reason they put that in... It would not surprise me at all. I mean look at the :pendant: ...

    True. I mean, I've never seen a viable resistance build.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 21
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:06 pm

    Perhaps it made more sense for the warrior to rely on faith more than a att slot and with better armor resistance would be less needed?


    _________________
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 pm

    Resistance isn't necessarily NEEDED, I just don't plan on using miracles or any Fth scaling weapon. I'm not saying that the resistance is essential to the build, but, in terms of complete optimization, I think the point in resistance makes more sense.

    Oh and luvz2figt: I have to have 35 posts in order to increase your rep..so, I'll do it when the time comes.
    avatar
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Location : World of the Guilty

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:57 pm

    ... on the other hand this video from this thread exists. Though, I suspect it says more about the viability of hammers rather than the viability of resistance. Although at SL 60 with 40 str and res it must say something for resistance.


    _________________

    Messengers of Velka proudly allied with: The Exiled  Coffee! MoV Chat Coffee!
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:55 pm

    Hmm..that is interesting. So I guess from a lower level perspective, you can use resistance to build a rather nice tank.
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Texas

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by swordiris on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:27 am

    Jwebby6 wrote:

    @sword can't remember but it was pretty late. Can you post a link to your build? I'm interested to see what you've got. And just let me know when you want to do it. I'll help in any way. Oh and try to get a weapon with a vertical running attack. +14 or +15 standard is best. Kalameet has good resistances. And make sure you can fast roll.

    oh and what do you guys think of my SL 55 Build?

    This is what I got so far in the playthrough.

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=490350779287786796

    This is what it will end up looking like.

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=331577917791267510








    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:18 pm

    swordiris wrote:
    Jwebby6 wrote:

    @sword can't remember but it was pretty late. Can you post a link to your build? I'm interested to see what you've got. And just let me know when you want to do it. I'll help in any way. Oh and try to get a weapon with a vertical running attack. +14 or +15 standard is best. Kalameet has good resistances. And make sure you can fast roll.

    oh and what do you guys think of my SL 55 Build?

    This is what I got so far in the playthrough.

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=490350779287786796

    This is what it will end up looking like.

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=331577917791267510

    If you're not going for some type of RP with the lord's blade, I would go with something more like This. Of course, you may just like the look of the lord's blade. The Cad. Round Shield is under valued. It's great for fast roll builds. You'll be trying to dodge most hits anyways.
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Texas

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by swordiris on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:32 pm

    I want to keep the Lord's blade because it has some poise.

    My poise with the lords blade is 57, with the new setup it is 45. My 57 poise will be OP at level 30.


    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    avatar
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 41
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Age : 21
    Location : United States

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Jwebby6 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:08 pm

    Yeah, that makes sense. But personally, I wouldn't be too worried about having high poise at such a low level
    avatar
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Location : World of the Guilty

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:26 pm

    I have a full supply of ears now! Are we doing anything with them or should I just hit reset?


    _________________

    Messengers of Velka proudly allied with: The Exiled  Coffee! MoV Chat Coffee!
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Texas

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by swordiris on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 pm

    Are you a Darkmoon +3?

    I think it would be a good deed to bait a darkmoon invasion, drop 99 souvenirs and pray. lol!

    Imagine his expression.


    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing

    Sponsored content

    Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:31 pm