Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
PwnasauresRex
zwanzig-tausend
Icegodzilla
Comrade Sparkle
ResIsBestStat
VMatrixX
Ahhotep1
DaemonNacht
DigitaLinsanitY
Paragon
Hugh_G_Johnson
Squashy_Avocado
swordiris
Soris Ice Goldwing
Zerounknown
JamieJae
billy_bayonet
Latitoast
Jwebby6
User1
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
26 posters

Messengers of Velka Rise.

swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka Rise. Empty Messengers of Velka Rise.

Post by swordiris Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:53 am

Special thanks to Dough and Hugh for lore help

Amadeous knelt in prayer; the ruins of his mother’s church
    lay around him. Centuries of neglect and
    abandonment had worn down the building to a ruin of what it once was. But he did not care for appearances; he was
    here for more than the shallow meaning of looks. He did not pray to his mother, goddess she
    was, nor did he pray to himself as a demigod.
    No god received his prayers for he served a higher being, an ideal, a faultless
    and perfect ideal. He prayed that
    justice may be delivered to this cursed land, no matter the cost. That the guilty would pay by any means
    necessary. And he prayed that those who
    were here already would not be stupid enough to cross his path, for he had no
    wish to spill the blood of the misguided when the blood could belong to
    sinners.
    He stood from prayer, realizing the urge was growing. His prayer had been answered; the need for
    justice was growing within him. He must
    spill the blood of sinner’s by his own hand to satisfy justice.

The mysterious black-haired witch Velka is the rogue deity. She defines sin and metes out punishment. Her influence is vast and extends even to the other gods. Her power is enough for the other gods to fear her; it is such that everything associated with her was locked away into a painting, isolated from Lordran. Much like delaying the end of the age of fire, however, skirting retribution is a futile attempt merely to delay the inevitable.

Little is known of Velka or her current whereabouts. Even her form and very existence is questioned. Some believing she herself has taken the form of a giant crow. Some seem to think that without her the world is safe for sin. Time in Lordran is mercurial and Velka's power exceeds the constraints of time, her form and perhaps even her own existence. The blue eye orb is controlled by an odd figurehead in modern day Lordran, but the system itself still ensures retribution from sinners. Velka's messengers interact with this bizarre figurehead, however, they swear no allegiance to him. Their allegiance is to the retribution of sin and thus to the goddess Velka and nothing else.

Velka's messengers are true blades of the dark moon. They are Velka's instruments of retribution, cutting down sinners without sentiment, with neither reward nor punishment. They are the undead among undead. They perpetually spawn in the worlds of sinners seeking retribution, undeterred by even the most impossible odds. Their spirit can be vanquished, but they will lose nothing in their own world and return just as determined and more prepared. Upon success they receive an ear and soul crumbs as a 'reward'. Failure does not exist. When a messenger of Velka's phantom is vanquished it's merely another futile attempt from a sinner to delay the inevitable.

Crows are the messengers of all gods. However, the powerful rogue deity uses powerful, rogue messengers. Velka's messengers are the Ravens. Like her, they are powerful rogues in black and most feared among their kind. They are the perfect vehicles to deliver retribution. Velka's ravens swoop in to claim the ears of those unfortunate and foolish enough to find themselves in Velka's book of the guilty. They are distinct from their cousins in that they are ruthless and unapologetic in the hunt for retribution. They are not bound by an artificial code of honor, especially against those who have shown no honor by senselessly slaughtering the innocent. They are Karmic Justice incarnate. The most serious and unfortunately most common sin is to steal humanity. The messengers of Velka are dark, ravenous creatures who punish sinners by turning the tables and stealing ill begotten humanity back from those who dared pillage it.

Now Prince Amadeous has become too powerful for effective battling in the realm of Lordran, he will battle another day in a land that the future guides him.... For now his concubines and Knights fight for the reign of the Prince and the Great goddess Velka.

Messengers of Velka Rise. 1330857165 Messengers of Velka Rise. 3799246625

We are the messengers of Velka Goddess of Sin. Our message is to incite fear into anyone who thinks of attempting a sin and destroy them at any cost. Velka has sent us to work with her ally Gwyndolin in purging sinners.

We are different than other darkmoons because we show no mercy, sinners deserve no honor. These people have sin in their hearts and we must make them tremble before their crimes.

Our covenant bird is the crow. On the Velka talisman, the hair of Velka is black like that of a crows hair. Crows are also associated with Death and Fear. A flock of crows is called a "murder", exactly the fate our sinners will face. Make sure to show respect to Snuggly and the giant bird in firelink.

Rules:
    1. Must be a member of Darkmoon covenant
    2. Do not bow to sinners (unless bowed to first then you have the option), scum like them deserve no respect.)
    3. Win no matter what, there is no "honor code" dealing with them.
    4. You may join as a sinner, however if you are invaded by a darkmoon you must continuously use the pray gesture and take your beating, we call this "purging".
    5. You must always indict, indictments are from the goddess Velka and should always be used.
    6. After a win prostrate/pray and send the messasge. "You steal man's humanity, their freedom. Lordran ill needs a chosen such as you!"
    7. If you are sent hate mail, send back a message saying "The guilty pay the price" with no response after.
    8. You get your ranks through invasions. Even if sinners do not deserve mercy we do not endorse ganking and hacking. If we find one Messenger is a ganker or a hacker we will remove them.
    9. Family masks are not allowed. Many people on the book of the guilty wear this gear to the point from which it is associated with sin.

Ranks

Rank 1- Scout of Velka. Will be sent by Amadeous Eladsyrd, Son of Velka (Amadeous313) or a commanding officer to purge sinners in the area of our choice (one of the areas that isn't a 2+ location). AS a scout we may move you to another location if we find more danger there.

Rank 2- Bishop of Velka. The hardest sinners to purge are found in certain areas of he world, these areas are covered in sin. The forest, the Kiln, the Burg, Dark Anor Londo, and Township are two new areas accessible for rank two messengers. Feel free to use any means necessary to win an invasion.

Rank 3- Knight of Velka/Mage of Velka/Priest of Velka. (depending on gear or build. As a knight, a wizard, or priest you have higher political standing as a member of our covenant. This include's access to the Bank of the Messengers. The Bank of the Messengers will be a covenant supply of items accessible to Ranks 3+. Need humanity? done. Any farmable item you request.

Rank 4- Captain of Velka/Wizard of Velka/Pope of Velka. This is the officer rank. Anyone in this rank has command over the lower levels and helps to plan wars, and events.

Rank 5- Amadeous Eladsyrd, son of Velka. (my personal Rank. Creator of the covenant) As the leader I will declare Wars against all the enemies of light. Note that rank 4's will have some pull on my decisions.

How to Rank up.

rank 1-2. To advance from rank 1 to rank too you must have shown true skill in battle in the places you were assigned. You must collect ten souvenirs in a day at 7 separate occasions. Each occasion will be in a separate location of our choice.

rank 2-3. To advance to rank 3 you must prove even more skill in battle. 30 souvenirs from the forest, 30 from the kiln, 30 from Dark Anor Londo, 30 from Township or Burg. After you have gotten these I will assign you to face an officer using a red sign soapstone in a location that we will agree on. This match will be no holds barred. If you win 3 out of 5 then you get the rank. If you fail, you will get another opportunity until after ten souvenirs from the Kiln or forest (any combination of the locations will work)

rank 3-4. to advance to an officer rank you will have to show brave heroism in battle. taking down target enemy figure in wars and impressing me will get you the rank. I will inform you if you earned a promotion. After a promotion, it is customary to have a duel with me. Whether you win or lose will not affect your promotion. It is just a rite of passage.

Thoughts?

MEMBERS

PS3
    Amadeous313 (forum name swordiris)
    HughGJohnson (Forum name Hugh_G_Johnson)
    luvz2fight2 (forum name luvz2fight)
    jweeby6 (forum name Jweeby6)
    Squashy__Avocado(forum name Squashy_Avocado)
    zwanzigtausend (forum name (zwanzig-tausend)
    Doomgrap (forum name Tehdoomgrasp)
    Halicarnassis (forum name Halicarnassis)

SorisGoldwing (forum name Soris Goldwing)
    KNIFE4LIFE32 (forum name Renny)
    InsaneManiac21 (forum name Insane21)
    LeonKennedy85 (forum name Latitoast)
    xDaemonNachtx (Forum name DaemonNacht)
    Comrade Sparkle (Forum name Comrade Sparkle.)
    IceGodzilla777(Forum name Icegodzilla.)

Inactive members as of right now.

Squashy__Avocado
    Comrade Sparkle
    Jweeby6

Last edited by swordiris on Fri May 24, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 18 times in total
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka Rise. Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

Post by swordiris Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:17 pm

We have two PS3 members, need some Xbox and PC.

I'm thinking we will do a Messenger invasion of Township soon.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka Rise. Empty Holy crap

Post by Paragon Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:58 pm

rank 1-2. To advance from rank 1 to rank too you must have shown true
    skill in battle in the places you were assigned. You must collect ten
    souvenirs in a day at 7 separate occasions. Each occasion will be in a separate location of our choice.

Holy crap dude that is WAY too hard. That's 70 kills in one day! tone down the difficulty or nobody will make it past rank 1. I can't even get 70 invasions in the kiln in one day.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:11 pm

No What I mean is 10 souvenirs a day and you do that 7 times.

Example.

10 monday.

10 Tuesday.

10 Wednesday

etc

I don't know how to word it though.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka Rise. Empty Oh thank God!

Post by Paragon Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:23 pm

That is such a relief.

HEY on a side note, you should talk with SunlightCrusader about the messengers of Velka and Lordran's Deliverance forming an alliance. Both have the same objective just different dieties in charge. We could schedule events, exchange ideas, swap war stories, and be jolly brothers in arms! Taliho!
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:08 pm

luvz2fight wrote:That is such a relief.

HEY on a side note, you should talk with SunlightCrusader about the messengers of Velka and Lordran's Deliverance forming an alliance. Both have the same objective just different dieties in charge. We could schedule events, exchange ideas, swap war stories, and be jolly brothers in arms! Taliho!

The major difference between us in Lordran's Deliverance is that they are members of the honor brigade while we aren't.

We don't serve the goddess of honor, we serve the goddess of Sin.

Spit in the face of honor and kill your enemies at any cost. Sinners deserve no mercy.

Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka Rise. Empty Whoa dude

Post by Paragon Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:33 am

I hope thats just roleplay and not you being a prick.

If you got a problem with how other people play keep it to yourself.

If it was roleplay Ill get over it and stick with yall, if not Ill leave since im not into spitting on peoples faces.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:36 am

luvz2fight wrote:I hope thats just roleplay and not you being a prick.

If it was roleplay Ill get over it and stick with yall, if not Ill leave since im not into spitting on peoples faces.
    Stand down Deliverance Soldier. Either way we still have a common purpose to punish the sinners of this land, if by different means.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:51 am

It's RP lol

I'm not a jerk, actually very cordial.

You don't have to be extreme about our anti-honorness but it isn't a rule.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm joking by nature but in text it rubs off that I'm a prick sometimes.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:06 am

THIS IS A VERY NICE IDEA FINALLY SOME DARKMOONS I CAN RESPECT. As a forest hunter Ive never cared for honor bs I respect my players but laugh at those who use honor as a shield to hide behind when I demolish them. Alsas I cannot join as the Lord of Ash I dare not enter Anor Londo as I am the slayer of the gods and will usher in the age of dark. But since I like this Idea If you need an xbox leader Soris Goldwing (Sor Ice Goldwing) is the most dedicated roleplaying Darkmoon I know and hes got skill so
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:16 am

Lord of Ash wrote:THIS IS A VERY NICE IDEA FINALLY SOME DARKMOONS I CAN RESPECT. As a forest hunter Ive never cared for honor bs I respect my players but laugh at those who use honor as a shield to hide behind when I demolish them. Alsas I cannot join as the Lord of Ash I dare not enter Anor Londo as I am the slayer of the gods and will usher in the age of dark. But since I like this Idea If you need an xbox leader Soris Goldwing (Sor Ice Goldwing) is the most dedicated roleplaying Darkmoon I know and hes got skill so

That's how I always felt about honor it is why I made the covenant. Ill ask Goldwing if he wants to join.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:22 am

I see my name so here I am. After going through your lore and past thread I'll join. It doesn't defy my character bio I'm working on and as long as I'm dealing with sinners of all kinds (knights, clerics, mages etc) I'm in.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:25 am

Sweet Goldwing. You can be our Xbox captain.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:28 am

Thank you. I'll see what can be done here and when I'm on again.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:08 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:

Stand down Deliverance Soldier. Either way we still have a common purpose to punish the sinners of this land, if by different means.

Sir Goldwing, Humbly. If thou would read back further thou wouldst see that I had said the same thing to sir swordiris. I acknowledged that our purposes were shared and that because of that we should join forces. In this message I mean you no disrespect.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:59 pm

Adding all you PS3 peeps.

We need PC players and Xbox Players to fall under Goldwing's jurisdiction.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Dammitall! I missed the first page. Look Skyward ...at least my name's on there.

Anyway, the threads up, I'm in it now and the Messengers of Velka are ready to rise up and destroy the deplorable sinners of Lordran

swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:56 pm

It's fine hugh.

Just post your ideas and I'll edit them to the OP.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka Rise. Empty My thoughts

Post by Paragon Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Ive got some ideas if any of yall are interested. There a bit radical but hear me out.

Since the Messengers serve Velka IMO it doesnt make sense for them to use DMB or the darkmoon talisman since those Items are relevant to Gwyndolin not Velka.

In fact, Messengers should use stuff pertaining to Velka. Ex: occult weapons, velka's talisman, black set, vow of silence, and Karmic justice.

For rank one people you could have Ariamis be the only place to invade as a sort of training ground until they reach rank one in the in-game covenant. (and not allowed to leave until they get 10 ears. Kind of like a pilgrimage to prove your dedication to Velka)

These are all suggestions that you are free to either consider or disregard at your leisure, I won't take offense to your decision either way.

Last edited by luvz2fight on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add stuff in parenthesis)
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:56 pm

We use DMB and the other darkmoon stuff as well because even though we serve Velka, we use Gwyndolins darkmoon covenant as a medium. Gwyndolin is an uneasy ally but DMB is too much to pass up.

We are supposed to carry something reminiscent of Velka at all times.
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:02 pm

From a lore perspective, the setup for this covenant is really cool and (in a way) beautiful. I like the angle of the merciless hunters of sinners and could prove to be some good interaction with other covenants.

With Dough working with you on this lore, it is no wonder it reads so well. I wish you luck with Messengers of Velka.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Good thing I carry some armor and the talismans. My builds don't use faith aside from weapons. The build is a str/dex mix that does pretty well in many situations.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:38 pm

I like to moonlight as a Renegade while being a Darkmoon at the same time. Difficult job. I do like to Darkmoon when looking for duels, so if you want, sign me up. I don't mind falling under Soris' jurisdiction.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Some lore that I thought we should add from Hugh G Johnson. It's very nice.

The mysterious black-haired witch Velka is the rogue deity. She defines sin and metes out punishment. Her influence is vast and extends even to the other gods. Her power is enough for the other gods to fear her; it is such that everything associated with her was locked away into a painting, isolated from Lordran. Much like delaying the end of the age of fire, however, skirting retribution is a futile attempt merely to delay the inevitable.

Little is known of Velka or her current whereabouts. Even her form and very existence is questioned. Some believing she herself has taken the form of a giant crow. Some seem to think that without her the world is safe for sin. Time in Lordran is mercurial and Velka's power exceeds the constraints of time, her form and perhaps even her own existence. The blue eye orb is controlled by an odd figurehead in modern day Lordran, but the system itself still ensures retribution from sinners. Velka's messengers interact with this bizarre figurehead, however, they swear no allegiance to him. Their allegiance is to the retribution of sin and thus to the goddess Velka and nothing else.

Velka's messengers are true blades of the dark moon. They are Velka's instruments of retribution, cutting down sinners without sentiment, with neither reward nor punishment. They are the undead among undead. They perpetually spawn in the worlds of sinners seeking retribution, undeterred by even the most impossible odds. Their spirit can be vanquished, but they will lose nothing in their own world and return just as determined and more prepared. Upon success they receive an ear and soul crumbs as a 'reward'. Failure does not exist. When a messenger of Velka's phantom is vanquished it's merely another futile attempt from a sinner to delay the inevitable.

Crows are the messengers of all gods. However, the powerful rogue deity uses powerful, rogue messengers. Velka's messengers are the Ravens. Like her, they are powerful rogues in black and most feared among their kind. They are the perfect vehicles to deliver retribution. Velka's ravens swoop in to claim the ears of those unfortunate and foolish enough to find themselves in Velka's book of the guilty. They are distinct from their cousins in that they are ruthless and unapologetic in the hunt for retribution. They are not bound by an artificial code of honor, especially against those who have shown no honor by senselessly slaughtering the innocent. They are Karmic Justice incarnate. The most serious and unfortunately most common sin is to steal humanity. The messengers of Velka are dark, ravenous creatures who punish sinners by turning the tables and stealing ill begotten humanity back from those who dared pillage it.

And I'll add you Renegade.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka Rise. Empty Kudos guys

Post by Paragon Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:32 pm

Yall are really putting a lot of effort into this and I applaud your hard work and dedication.
    This new lore is sure to attract new recruits.

How many kills does the cov have in total so far? as in how many ears yall got?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am