Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
JamieJae
DemonOfFate
Emergence
sfcc
Dibsville
Tolvo
bloodpixel
User1
tinypantha
Kyōkai
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
Hatsune Miku
GrinTwist
The Letter X
19 posters

Touhou Thread

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Touhou Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Touhou Thread

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:39 am

Just be sure to follow rules with humor. And anything involving Cirno goes through me! king
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:42 am

Time for the House set of Imperishable Night.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 am

Cirno is linked to the number 9 because in a screenshot for the game manual it had Cirno in the screenshot labeled as 9, and down below where it describes the labels it says "Baka" or Idiot.
    Manual:

Cirno being known as an idiot became even more popular in this video:

Where the entire cast chants "Baka" at cirno.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:44 am

And another Silly Video Feat Reisen:

And an Amazing Arrangement:
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:47 am

That made me smile. I found it to be quite funny too.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:53 am

I have an entire playlist of videos like that one. I normally just sit down, chat and listen to touhou music
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Chances are I'm about to be hated for bringing her.
    Satori Komeiji
    Touhou Thread - Page 4 Satori_Komeiji_ID_Again__by_SatoriKomeiji
    Species: Satori
    Abilities: Can read the heart and conscience of all beings
    Sister: Koishi Komeiji, Pets: Rin Kaenbyou, and Reiuji Utsuho
    Palace room
    Touhou Thread - Page 4 Palace_Room

The girl most people hate and fear but animals love is Satori. It is not that people hate Satori for her power but that she keeps invading your thoughts and finishing your sentences. A person would hate her for that than her personality, which is hard to describe other than showing emotions is not a thing she will show often. However her mind reading power makes her loved by animals who can't speak and the Palace became a hub for animals in old Hell to reside. Her pets are the only ones who go there as every spirit, youkai, oni etc stay away from the Palace and Satori.

When the underground city became separated from modern Hell, a number of evil spirits still remained in old Hell and had to be controlled. So it was Satori who took the role to control the evil spirits and built the Palace above the former Hell of Blazing Fires and when her large number of pets were making it hard for her to control the spirits, Satori decided to trust some of the management to her pets. So some of her pets tend to other pets, some tend to Satori's gardens and others would play with Satori's younger sister, Koishi Komeiji, who comes and go whenever she wants. As far as it is known only two of her pets, Rin Kaenbyou and Reiuji Utsuho work with the old Hell's fire's and evil spirits.

When Satori uses her powers on someone it would usually begin by reading your memories and finding out everything your subconscious doesn't protect. She does this with her third eye, that red eye hanging on her left chest attached to her wrists, and headband. People can't keep secrets or lie to her as Satori will read your mind to tell the truth. An annoying aspect is that Satori keeps on reminding people she can read minds. Perhaps Satori's biggest regret of reading minds (and the fandom has used this a lot) is that she may find some thoughts that contains perverted desires and very adult thoughts directed at her.

Satori may be one the most powerful stage 4 bosses of the Touhou series. This is because Satori can copy the spell cards from other much stronger youkai such as Yukari, Yuyuko etc and use them against her targets. Satori has in total 76 spell cards making her the only character to have the most spells in a single game. However only her first spell card belongs to her and the rest are copies from the Reimu or Marisa's supporting characters (Satori has three varying copies of your support character across the four difficulties including her own.)

Satori dressed as the 11 game support characters
    Spoiler:
    Satori and her sister Koishi
    Spoiler:
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:52 pm

I was considering posting the next House set but I'm going to post a epic fandom made fight between Reimu and Remilia (Her summary is next)
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 pm

You know, I think some people think about powers way too deep. Like Flandre's destruction of anything, Yukari boundaries, etc. I mean, I really don't think ZUN meant it that way, he was probably drunk.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 am

For a drunk man ZUN sure knows how to make something popular and deep at the same time. Creativity is best done while having a drink!
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:For a drunk man ZUN sure knows how to make something popular and deep at the same time. Creativity is best done while having a drink!

ZUN does license out touhou to other companies when his beer money runs dry.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 pm

To tired for a character summary and got back from a restaurant for a birthday for my mom. Expect three tomorrow.

Funny thing I once went on a random game site and found 206 Touhou games. I bet that is only a small percentage of god knows how many spin-off and short games the franchise has.

Also I found this and Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts comes to my mind. Anyone feel like this?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Screw it I have time and been meaning to bring her here. Say hello to the sane vampire.
    Remilia Scarlet
    Touhou Thread - Page 4 113101m
    Species: Vampire
    Abilites: All those of a vampire, shapshiting into bats, Manipulation of Fate. Wielder of the Gungnir the Norse spear of Odin.
    Title: The Scarlet Devil
    Sister: Flandre Scarlet, Assistant/Head Maid: Sakuya Izayoi, Gatekeeper: Hong Meiling, Friend: Patchouli Knowledge
    Touhou Thread - Page 4 TAG_105855

Remilia Scarlet is one powerful vampire. Remilia is not native to Asia but from some part of Europe. Why did she and her sister move to Japan is unknown as well as how long she has been in Gensokyo as well as the mansion. Despite being 500 years old, Remilia has the personality of a selfish brat. Though someone can becomes friends with her, though she is not the kind of friend someone normally wants either. She claims to be the descendant of Vlad "Dracula" Tepes, but this is a flat-out lie to seem more noble and feared. However she is very powerful and dangerous. She is called the Scarlet Devil for her magical power and reputation. Also she hates sardine heads and garlic, however if hates means weak against is something she knows

As a vampire she is sensitive to photos and sunlight and the Scarlet Mansion has few windows and is lit by other non-sunlight things. She normally stays indoors the mansion during the day(She carries a parasol for the day) and comes out at night. She can turn into bats but can't hide her wings so she can't hide her vampire form. Also like any vampire Remilia needs to drink blood to survive and she goes to feed when she wants. However unlike some vampires who suck the blood of their victims dry, Remilia is a light eater and her victims are left feeling a little anemic at most, and stay alive. One reason her attire is red is from the fact that Remilia spills out more blood than she needs and the blood dyes her clothes. Meaning that her outfit may have been white. Crosses have no effect on Remilia and she wonders where the idea that vampires are weak against crosses came from. Also she has a strong constitution and as long as something remains, Remilia can regenerate and Type-B blood is her favorite.

As for Manipulation of Fate and why, how does she wield the Gungnir is unknown. Some believe she has a unconscious control of Fate as if she used it Remilia never would have been defeated by Reimu in the six game. However it is hinted that she manipulated Sakuya's fate in a way to be more liked by humans. If true then she may just rarely use her power over Fate. As for the Gungnir is a mystery, though it does have great magical power and the power to hit it's wielder's target.

Why is Remilia's head maid a human? Sakuya's past is a mystery and how she went to serve Remilia is a debate. Considering how unlikely a human becomes the willing servant to a vampire a theory holds that Sakuya was a vampire hunter and that Sakuya and Remilia once fought each other. The result is that Remilia won the battle and Sakuya became Remilia's servate as the result. Also Sakuya Izayoi is not Sakuya's real name, but one that was given to her by Remilia.

Apparently Remilia and her sister were not the only vampires in Gensokyo. Remilia once stated that when she first arrived she had killed all the other vampires. However Remilia later said some facts were lies and this statement about killing others vampires may be a lie.

When Remilia can't handle an incident herself or gets annoyed she will send Sakuya to solve it for her.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:17 am

Once again, another great character summary. I always did find Remilia a mysterious character.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:29 am

I wish I aged as well as these Gensokyoians. silly
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I wish I aged as well as these Gensokyoians. silly
    Talk to Eirin for some anti-aging medicine. Be sure to mention you don't want to be younger just look younger.
    Eirin Yagokoro
    Touhou Thread - Page 4 Eiren_
    Species: Lunarian
    Age: At least 1500. Very old and helped build the Lunar society
    Abilities: Maker of all types of medicine, including cures. Is a very intelligent genius.
    Mistress: Kaguya Houraisan, Apprentice: Reisen Udongein Inaba

The genius of medicine form the Moon. Eirin's name holds a large importance to the Lunarians even if she is a fugitive. As Eirin helped build the Lunar society, was the leading medical mind and was in charge of the emissaries to the Earth. She is generally a pleasant person but because of her high intelligence won't stand idiots. Eirin will come off as impatient, conceited, and condescending to those who can't follow her instructions fast. Eirin comes from a long line of medical geniuses and she herself is exceptionally intelligent even to her family.

Eirin's greatest and top secret medical achievement was the creation of the Hourai Elixir. By using the exiled princess Kaguya's power over Eternity and Eirin's knowledge the Hourai Elixir the potion of 100% pure immortally. One can't age, never become sick and can't die. The drinker will be as vulnerable as before but any injury will heal in short time. Even complete destruction will not kill the drinker but they will have to go through full restoration. The effect is permanent and it takes three tastes to get the full effect, also Eirin likely made it irreversible. However it is not the Elixir that makes one immortal, in a short sense the drinker is a being that is 100% independent from all concepts of life, not bound to life, death even manipulation. As such making it is forbidden and only three people are confirmed to have taken it. Eirin is a subject to debate, a never directly, lost in translation speech in the 8 game has Eirin taking it herself and a Lunarian's lifespan is shortened by the impurities of Earth so how can she be alive so long on Earth is questionable. Only in the book Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth has Eirin getting sick, something a Hourai drinker can't be. As of now only the originally Elixir was made and it is unknown where it is.

The reason Eirin is wanted was because at the wish of Kaguya who was the Lunar who princess asked Eirin to make it and Kaguya took the Elixir, being banished as a result and after Kaguya's time was up Eirin along with others were sent to bring the princess back. However Eirin turned against the Lunarians and murdered the others instead. What happened later is with Kaguya's summary.

As of now Eirin is Gensokyo's preferred pharmacist/doctor who makes all types of medicine and works on new medicine and with the help of Eirin's apprentice Reisen, sells the medicine to those who need it. Eirin's latest creation is a pill to help induce pleasant dreams at night however it is still not a popular medicine.
    Spoiler:
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:02 pm

I think it is my job to comment on these. happy

Oh, yes, about Eirin, I like Eirin's way of thinking of others of inferior intelligence. It's actually quite amusing.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Bleh too General (Gotta put you down because RC praises you)

Touhou Music Circles:
    To list a few there are
    FELT
    ISOSYS
    EastNewSound (my favorite)
    Draw the Emotional
    FELT makes some good music but I dont Recall them being specifically known for anything...
    ISOSYS makes silly videos mainly, but Bad Apple (the most known Arrangement) was created by them I think.
    EastNewSound- makes alot of music videos and releases them at the Conventions where touhou merch is normally purchased.
    Draw the Emotional is a Japanese Band that does alot of Touhou Arranges. (Also has an adorable picture of Suika on one of their Albums big grin)

Wanted to do a short description of a few Circles Sorry...
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm doing the best with what I got. Some characters have a ton of information and some don't. God forbid trying one on Kaguya is going to be a freaking page because I still don't know how to say " oh hey did you know she was based on the Tale of The Bamboo Cutter Kaguya-hime!" without going into the majority of the story.

Also you forgot Foreground Eclipse: Vocal Post-Hardcore with screaming is not my cup of tea normally but I do find some arrangements pretty good.
    Demetori: A heavy metal type of brothers. I like them better because there are no vocals. Page 1 has my favorite one of Demetori.

Or you can try this:
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Eh, When I listen to Arranges (Always) I normally go with the calm ones. My Metal is reserved for my English speaking bands. Lunatic Blaze is still my favorite song.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 pm

This has to be the calmest thing I ever heard for Touhou. I mean short but wow.

Now this is my tea Jazz. Not my favorite song though.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Ran.... Reminds me of a time in Touhou Fortress 2 chat on Steam (My name is Momiji Inubashiri on Steam) Someone using the Name Ran 'abducted' my persona for a toy for Chen
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 pm

HAhah! Sorry But I had to. Chen is Ran's daughter (not really) so you had that coming.

Here have this: A cute momiji
    Touhou Thread - Page 4 Chibimomiji
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:26 pm

I have a folder full of Momi's like that. From same artist as my current Forum Picture. Which is changing here in a few
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Nice. I hate to say it but Momiji like Daiyousei is going to be short. Also for some reason I'm having a hard time finding pictures like load right of Momiji.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm