Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
JamieJae
DemonOfFate
Emergence
sfcc
Dibsville
Tolvo
bloodpixel
User1
tinypantha
Kyōkai
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
Hatsune Miku
GrinTwist
The Letter X
19 posters

Touhou Thread

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Touhou Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Touhou Thread

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Another human or a powerful youkai? Had to go Youkai. I do wonder what will become of this place? Discussions, fandom who knows?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Well, we need more people to love this series, but how can we go about that?
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    tinypantha wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:What would be the game you'd recommend a newbie to start off with?

TH~13 Ten Desires.

Felt pretty good to me and I tend to play it at school and on the go.
    Are you playing it on your phone, DS, PSP or what?
    Labtop when I am on the go, and from a USB with a proxy and etc at school.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:50 pm

:evil: YOUR METHOD IS INVALID!!1!11!!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Last one tonight and I know you all knew I was going to do a summary of her.
    Cirno
    Touhou Thread - Page 3 Cirno___________
    Species: Fairy, specifically ice fairy
    Age:??? It is implied that she is at least 60 or older though that makes her a child in youkai terms
    Abiliteas: Manipulation of chill, cold, ice.
    Locations: Anywhere that is cold, and Misty Lake near the Scarlet Devil Mansion
    Title: THE STRONGEST! (self-proclaimed, but may be true among fairies)

Cirno is a tomboy child. She has the personality of a child so not much to explain. She love to fight and prove her strength to people she meets. However as fairies are the normal enemies of the series, Cirno is not that strong when compared to many other characters. As such her habit of picking fights for no reason has backed fired a few times when her opponents are way out of her league, mainly Reimu and Marisa. Cirno really has no intention on anything more than playing danmaku with people so when it comes to incidents it can be a mere stroke of chance to either find her or have Cirno find Reimu, Marisa and whoever else are trying to solve an incident. However as the series moved on Cirno began to lose her fighting habits and admit her own weakness. Though she is still a child. Cirno also is sometimes a kind person and bit of crier. She cries very easily.

Cirno's involvement with incidents has not to end them but to pick fights or play. In the six game she attacked either Reimu or Marisa (depends on who you pick) out of instinct. Were she was beaten easily. Then in the seventh game she appears again to get revenge from the six game, but was beaten again. In the ninth game (yay 9) in her scenario Cirno was just playing with the flowers that bloomed en mass all over Gensokyo and got tangled in the incident by everyone who was investigating it (the ninth game has a large cast). Everyone who found Cirno had no reason to put up with a fairy and either fought her or Cirno made the first move. This lead her to accidentally find the yama Judge Shiki and ended up fighting her to save her own life. However this time Cirno knew how often the ninth game incident happened before anyone else did.

Cirno once tried to capture a spirit of fear and prove her strength and the she had no fear. Though that failed when her journey took her right into the reactor core of the Hell of Blazing Fires where she fought the highly dangerous, nuclear fusion wielder Reiuji Utsuho came to kill Cirno. Cirno ended up fighting long enough to get the hell out of there before she melts. Finally Cirno declared war on three troubling fairies who had the idea to get Cirno to help them attack the Human village. Why did Cirno declare war? Because those three idiots destroyed Cirno's house! A civil fairy war breaks out and Cirno takes out everyone and even fought Marisa who wanted to know what was going on and thought Cirno make a good challenge. Cirno actually defeated Marisa but Marisa claimed that she wasn't trying. (Riiight 8))

Cirno is not the brightest person in Gensokyo but not the dumbest as some previously thought. After the ninth game Cirno showed more intelligence and was losing her fighting tendencies. She was acknowledging her limits. Cirno, unlike some characters can read and she knows basic math such as rounding and fractions.

Cirno's favorite hobby is to freeze frogs and watch them thaw out in the water alive. However she has not quite got it right as 1/3 tries end up with the frogicle shattering. This was okay till Reimu warned Cirno that doing that would anger Suwako Moriya, a newer resident in Gensokyo and a goddess who loves frogs and outfit has frog patterns on it. However Cirno still does and that does tick off Suwako to no end and created a rivalry.

Lastly in the fandom a holiday for Cirno was created on September 9 2009 called Cirno day based of the number 9 a symbol to Cirno and somehow everything can be in some way connected to 9 (try coming up with every math problem that leads to 9). This day occurs every September 9.
    Spoiler:
    Cake?
    Spoiler:
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:27 pm

I knew you would put in extra effort for Cirno. happy
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:32 pm

She is my favorite. Though with Reimu and Marisa I can't go so far because then I be telling what happened in every game and that's bad spoiling. Yukari is similar with what she did in the 7,8, the fighting games, and 11, Though I think I got enough of their personalities and defined them as characters well.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Agreed, every description you've done has had a lot of depth and detail, as well as an image to go with.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:38 pm

I hate to say it but aside from Reimu and Marisa, every one I do summaries for will not be ZUN art. I just don't like it that much. However the music I love.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:17 am

In respect for games 6-13 I will host the House sets of each one in order from 6-13. Hear the remix music and post your thoughts. After a bit I'll post the next House set.
    To start here is the House Set for Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. Enjoy!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:24 am

I really liked the music after 2 mins to 7 mins. I had to resist not listening to the whole thing, or I would never get to sleep. I really liked what I heard, I think I'll listen to some more later in the day.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:27 am

Go to sleep and come back tomorrow. It's not going anywhere and there's always a welcome sign.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:48 am

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:31 pm

^Want to take the comedy side Tiny?
    Here is the House set of the seventh game: Perfect Cherry Blossom
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:02 pm

No movement is sad Perhaps this should help
    Yuyuko Saigyouji
    Touhou Thread - Page 3 639329
    Species: Ghost
    Ablilties: Manipulation of Death, Controls souls of the dead
    Location: Hakugyokurou (Tower of White Jade) in the netherworld
    Friend: Yukari Yakumo, Servant: Youmu Konpaku

This woman truly knows how to love being dead. Yuyuko is a rare ghost in that she still keeps her human appearance. Though human fear her for her power, Yuyuko is a cheerful person. She is a beautiful woman with a good-humor, playful personality with a charm that takes away any aggression you can have at her. She will at times throw out strange remarks that sometimes make no sense at all and tends to overlook the obvious. This makes her seem innocent, a bit dumb and an airhead. Fun fact about her. She isn't

Yuyuko, next to Yukari is another mastermind in Gensokyo. Yuyoko's innocence in fact is a façade as she knows everything, possesses a cunning and perceptive side and pull the strings from behind. However Yuyuko never takes anything too serious and she love to tease her servant Youmu, who is the opposite of Yuyuko in many ways. Yukari Yakumo and Yuyuko are LONG time friends, having known each other when Yuyuko was alive, and Yukari visits the netherworld to see her friend.

Yuyuko has a bit of a sad story about her death. When she was a human she possess the power to kill people and it was something she feared in life. At some point in time she committed suicide. Her body was then used in a ritual to seal Saigyouji Ayakashi, a massive cherry blossom tree youkai who's beautiful petals would invite humans to sleep/die under it's shade. This was why Yuyuko did not move on to either Heaven or Hell and why she looks like a human. As Yuyuko is bound to the tree as it's seal. The Cherry blossom can never fully bloom and so it looks like a dead tree aside from spring due to the seal. After a thousand years Yuyuko has since forgotten her human life, why the tree was sealed, and how she died. It does not bother her and it may be best if she never knows why.

Yuyuko's power is to invite mortals to death. As long as someone has a life span, she can kill that person. Her death power is useless on gods, dead or immortals. Her death power traps people as ghost in the netherworld, and those ghosts can never leave. However Yuyuko is responsible with her power and never uses it as a weapon, in spite or fun. As such most of the ghosts in the netherworld ended up there as their new homes after being judged by the forces of judgment. Also because she lives in the netherworld, to go there is the same as being dead so immortals can't enter there, though mortals can.

If you invite Yuyuko to a party, get a ton of food. She is known for a incredible appetite and has a food or food-related metaphor for just about anything. In fact Yuyuko kinda....ate the second stage boss Mystia Lorelei in the 8 game: Imperishable Night. Mystia is alive though!

Butterflies are her bullet patterns
    Spoiler:
    Think I was joking about eating a live person!
    Spoiler:
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 pm

I have to say, this description is one of my favourites.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:49 am

I think it is time to hire a maid
    Sakuya Izayoi
    Touhou Thread - Page 3 Sakuya
    Species: Human
    Abilites: Manipulation of Time, Space, Master of knife combat, throwing
    Mistress: Remila Scarlet, Mistress sister: Flandre Scarlet, Fellow employee: Hong Meiling

Not much can be said of Sakuya's personality. She is a very loyal person to her vampire mistress Remilia and will do whatever she says without hesitation. As the head maid it is Sakuya's role to ensure the upkeep of the mansion and attend to Remilia as her personal assistant. Sakuya still does what a normal maid does and when an incident annoys Remilia, Sakuya is sent out to fix it as Remilia can't leave the Mansion in daylight without what is commonly seen in fandom a umbrella. Sakuya is also the only human Remilia's younger sister, Flandre Scarlet has contact with, due to Flandre's world destroying powers.

Sakuya can control time and space as well as knives when she fights with a mastery in them. When using time and her knives the idea is that she stops or slows time to throw her knives midair and have time flow normally to hit her targets. First Sakuya does not have unlimited supply of knives. When she runs out of knives Sakuya says she freezes time to pick up the ones she threw. When controlling time Sakuya has been shown to manipulate any aspect of time. So far Sakuya can stop, slow, possibly reverse and fast forward time. She once made bamboo flowers bloom instantly, something that takes 60 years to do. With Space Sakuya has done by enlarging the inside of the mansion and may have to do with her large supply of knives (you can't carry 100 knives in a European maid outfit with no pants).

Sakuya has several things about her. First Sakuya Izayoi is not her real name and was given to her by Remilia Scarelet. As the Head maid and since the Mansion's staff is mostly maids there only a few people have more authority than Sakuya. Second is her cooking. Since Remilia and her younger sister Flandre Scarelet are vampires, their food requires blood and Sakuya is the one to prepare their meals. How Sakuya does that is a complete mystery, since she can cook many high class western style dishes and tea which one would never notice what the food contains, it looks like any normal food. In the 9 game where flowers bloomed en mass Sakuya mentions how she can use the flowers to make as much tea and pastries as she wants.

Sakuya has certainly been questioned if she really is a human at all. Reimu during their first encountered questioned Sakuya's humanity. Also her powers and the fact that she is the only human in the Scarlet Mansion does raise the question.

Finally Sakuya won't donate to Reimu's shrine under the reason that Sakuya doesn't believe in gods. (There are two actual gods in Gensokyo and considering that you can go to heaven, hell and back and all the other stuff that would throw the world back a few centuries that is quite some ignorance.)
    A few extra pics
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:53 am

Soris, Why not just use the Touhou Wiki?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 am

tinypantha wrote:Soris, Why not just use the Touhou Wiki?
    I find it boring to just do that. Plus I get use all these pictures and I don't have to spoil the games. Just focus on the characters and what they do and who they are with a bit of humor here and there.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:58 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    tinypantha wrote:Soris, Why not just use the Touhou Wiki?
    I find it boring to just do that. Plus I get use all these pictures and I don't have to spoil the games. Just focus on the characters and what they do and who they are with a bit of humor here and there.
    >.> You do know that none of characters have set personalities right? Only Fan-a-nalities right?
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:07 am

Excuse the double post but you forgot to speak about Sakuya's P- *Knifed*
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:09 am

Some fan personalities are better (and less adult) than others, and I am trying to focus more on their abilities and what they do. As far as personalities go is what is generally fact of them.

Also you deserved that knife. silly
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:19 am

Was trying to get you to comment on her avatar in SWR but NO you just wont do that will you?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:26 am

I prefer my head knife free thank you. I'm not Meiling who's head can handle them. Thank god the Images I have are all of consistent breast sizes or I really take a knife.

You want to handle the fandom funny fandom and I handle character summaries? Be nice to have a few people help run this place.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:37 am

I shall recruit the powers of THF2 Chat to bring 2hu humor to this topic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm