Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Ashran
Sal Paradise
Juutas
densetsushun
Phoenix Rising
WandererReece
Rynn
Djem
Jansports
skarekrow13
Heroez Blade
retro
16 posters

newer discovery regarding the unused shiva content - a "working" invasion location exists in-game

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

newer discovery regarding the unused shiva content - a "working" invasion location exists in-game Empty newer discovery regarding the unused shiva content - a "working" invasion location exists in-game

Post by retro Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:55 pm

It has been known for a while that Shiva had some cut content. He was to betray the player over a sword and has cut dialog about it. There is also an unused item, an alternate Black Eye Orb, that has an item description and says its for invading the world of the traitor Shiva (instead of Lautrec).

However, a player discovered that if you obtain the Black Eye Orb through illegitimate means (the process can't be discussed here since it allows cheating), you can use it to invade Shiva in the Painted World. It works, no other hacking/ modding is necessary to find and invade Shiva there.

https://youtu.be/mHfydpAIoP8

It appears to not have any of the dialog, though.

Independent verification comes from an Xbox player who did the same thing and took some pictures:
    https://imgur.com/a/BLxE4#1

Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

newer discovery regarding the unused shiva content - a "working" invasion location exists in-game Empty Re: newer discovery regarding the unused shiva content - a "working" invasion location exists in-game

Post by Heroez Blade Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Hmmmmmm, something does not seem right here. This is just my opinion but the youtube video seems fake. The guys account is hacked like crazy and when he invaded it didnt even say Shiva... I am very skeptical about this, but thats just my opinion.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

newer discovery regarding the unused shiva content - a "working" invasion location exists in-game Empty Re: newer discovery regarding the unused shiva content - a "working" invasion location exists in-game

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Uh, I don't know what's more disturbing...... the equipment he " unlocked" or the googly eye mod. Retro, I know you cross referenced with two examples but it's it something we can test? I know you can't discuss details here so basically a"yes" or "no" question big grin
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Heroez Blade wrote:Hmmmmmm, something does not seem right here. This is just my opinion but the youtube video seems fake. The guys account is hacked like crazy and when he invaded it didnt even say Shiva... I am very skeptical about this, but thats just my opinion.
    There are a lot of mods being used in the video, which had me a bit confused and skeptical as well. But then in the video comments he mentioned that it should be possible on console as well. The screenshots come from another player testing it out.
    skarekrow13 wrote: Uh, I don't know what's more disturbing...... the equipment he " unlocked" or the googly eye mod. Retro, I know you cross referenced with two examples but it's it something we can test? I know you can't discuss details here so basically a"yes" or "no" question big grin
    Yes, although I don't know exactly how to do it- being only on PS3 and without personal experience with this stuff. You just have to put the unused Black Eye Orb into your inventory and use it in the Painted World.

There's probably someone here on xbox who would know how to do that. More confirmation would be welcome. happy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:34 pm

I think I got it. Basically you get the orb the same way as other on disc cut content. PS3 would be tricky. Color me intrigued. This is my intrigued color
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:05 pm

I've asked a PC frand who I know *can* use CE and such to check and he said if you cheat up a Black eye Orb and try to use it in the Painted world you Do get prompted with the Traitor Shiva message from the video. However he has crashed every time and has not been able to get into Shiva's world to see whats going on in there.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Very, very interesting. If confirmed I think this should even be added to the wiki.

Edit: This post got me wandering around on Youtube, and I found a guy who used illegimate means to kill the Crow, Kaathe, Frampt and the Everlasting Dragon. Excluding the Crow, all three have death animations, which basicly means From intended for them to be killable at some point.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:52 pm

I wonder what Shiva's doing in the painted world.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm

WandererReece wrote:I wonder what Shiva's doing in the painted world.
    His cut Dialog makes it make sense, actually. I like how he's just sitting there, but he doesn't seem to be waiting for you, just actually chilling.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Rynn wrote:... just actually chilling.

lol!
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:47 pm

LMAO @ googly eyes on the soapstones.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:46 am

I think it's unanimous, the best part of the video is the googly eyes mod.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:22 am

I know this Youtube user from twitch and I don't believe he has created this extra content himself in the game :'D so it's cut out content brought back via hacks and I'm completely fine with all the hacks that bring out cool cut out stuff (like 4 Kings sword for example). It's a shame that the dialogue isn't there, but nice find anyway.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:36 am

Cool, good to know. Interesting that it crashed for Jansports' friend though. I wonder if anyone else can get it working? Maybe it requires certain conditions? (be a forest hunter, already access shiva as a merchant in blighttown?)
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:57 am

It probably requires the googly eyes mod to work.

Edit: He probably had a mod that fixed the problem in the code that made the game crash.
    Sal Paradise
    Sal Paradise

Post by Sal Paradise Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Maybe fighting him with the Chaos Blade triggers his dialogues?

Also, the guy who did the video mentioned the city you can see from Firelink's graveyard, and how he wants to take a closer look at it.

Ok.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:17 pm

I want the eyes mod.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:31 pm

I want that sword
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Sorry for the bump, but I know some people were curious about the validity of the video. Here's someone else who was able to get it to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoN9Vt2SwDk
    I was actually surprised this worked, despite the fact that there are already a few other videos on the subject. Never trust anything unless you've seen it with your own eyes is my philosophy...

Amazingly, the invasion point is still active in-game, in the Painted World of Ariamis near the Phalanx statue. You have to hack the Orb into your inventory to access it, and your reward is only an amount of souls and a Souvenir of Reprisal.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:51 pm

interesting indeed and i want that sword so badly especially if it has a special r1 or r2
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Which one, the 4 Kings Sword, demonstrated in the vid?
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:34 am

Yep, i always thought it was the most badass looking sword in the game, along with Nito's sword

They should have given us the option to ascend a Dark Sword with the soul of Artorias or Manus to make one
    trzzy
    trzzy

Post by trzzy Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:36 am

The shiva invasion can be done using a save editor its a second black eye orb just for invading shiva and when you kill him you get a souvenier or reprisal
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:43 am

trzzy wrote:The shiva invasion can be done using a save editor its a second black eye orb just for invading shiva and when you kill him you get a souvenier or reprisal

Any idea on how to get the king sword?
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:40 am

The King Sword is just looks, they hack it over another sword. I don't know how it's done though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm