Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Share
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 pm

    I love it. Only 60% of forum goers have read it!

    And thats including the fact i've gone on it 10 times just by myself probably silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:29 am

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:You guys are intentionally misinterpreting it right?
    Yes. Well, at least I am.


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by WandererReece on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:48 am

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:Probably the quote in my signature.

    I still want to know how he's able to get away with a racist quote.

    You guys are intentionally misinterpreting it right? I definitely see the humor, but you do actually understand what he meant, right?

    I know what he meant, and he probably didn't meant to be insulting, but it's still racist.


    _________________
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 am

    I think you misunderstood. He meant that the style is a Japanese style, which is typically more understated than the western style. There's nothing racist about that.

    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by WandererReece on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:16 am

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I think you misunderstood. He meant that the style is a Japanese style, which is typically more understated than the western style. There's nothing racist about that.

    raecor14 wrote:the enemies are what i would consider more "Japanese" as they are close to human, but just off enough to unsettle you

    He posted that the Japanese are not human. How is that not racist?

    Now, I know he didn't mean it, but that doesn't change the facts.


    _________________
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by skarekrow13 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:20 am

    I think he just forgot to place the word "style" after "Japanese." Or rather, he was using "Japanese" as an adjective and not a noun. As in, "the enemies are stylistically similar to common Japanese portrayals."

    That's how I've always interpreted it anyway

    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:21 am

    This is what I am talking about. You are misinterpreting it. It is worded in such a way that that is easy to do, that's why I asked.

    What he is meaning is this: The enemies are a Japanese style, that is the enemy design is understated, similar to human, but just slightly different so that it is unsettling. He is NOT saying that Japanese people are not humans. I don't know how to make that more clear, but I hope you get the point now.

    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by WandererReece on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:25 am

    I know what he meant, and he probably didn't meant to be insulting, but it's still racist.

    Now, I know he didn't mean it, but that doesn't change the facts.

    How many times must I repeat myself?


    _________________
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am

    You're being intentionally obtuse.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Rynn on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:58 am

    Potatoes.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:18 pm

    I know some close to human animals that like potatoes.

    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:36 pm

    Rynn wrote:Potatoes.

    Lol. Well said.

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Serious_Much on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:30 pm

    It's not really racist if it has no intent, it's ridiculous. To be racist, it has to look down upon the japanese. A typo does not look down upon the japanese, it just makes the poster look dumb silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:36 pm

    If you hang a sign on the door of your shop that says "No Blacks" people will call that racist.

    Turns out you meant the Blacks family. Marcus, Rachel, and Tomas Black are just people you don't like. It wasn't intended to be racist, but you know what.

    Maybe you should realize putting up a sign that says "No Blacks" could cause people to easily interpret it that way.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:52 pm

    Perception is NOT reality.

    Give the dude a break! And get off this racialism nonsense, it's not doing anything but keeping racism alive.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 pm

    And communication is about making sure others understand you and you understand them.

    It's a two way road. Sometimes the interpretation is the fault of the interpreter, sometimes the person who said the phrase is **** at trying to say something.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:26 pm

    I just hope that nobody here is so insecure that they could become offended by an obviously unintentional comment that could be construed as racist by an ignorant person.

    To be honest, I don't understand how a person could be offended about anything, really. Short of a punch to the face, I just don't think there is anything that anybody could say that would offend me. Is being offended not subjective? Are we not responsible for our own minds? Is it really someone elses fault that my feelings are hurt?

    Whatever happened to love your neighbor, and your enemy? For if you show love to your enemy, then how could he remain your enemy? If somebody is saying things that don't resonate with you, will your relationship be better off if you reject them or embrace them? At the very least you can just ignore it.

    Sorry for the rant, I'm just tired of this crap that is being indoctrinated into young people in public schools and through tv. Everything is racism, everything is sexism, everything is about class and status. It's all crap that will only keep you down.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:29 pm

    I'll get right on asking Emergence to let us use the N word and persecute Japanese players. It's obviously what you want after all Big.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:34 pm

    That wasn't a thoughtful response.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:35 pm

    Why waste thoughts on someone like you?
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:40 pm

    Well, thinking might enrich your own mind? Challenging your own beliefs by debating with someone opposed to your current mindset might open up new possibilities for your own growth. Keeping an open mind, that is considering different views without prior prejudice, can only make you a more intelligent person.

    I don't care if you agree with me, but don't trivialize my opinion by saying things like that. I don't insult anyone.


    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:42 pm

    You actually were very insulting with your liberal use of the word ignorant, as well your simplification of the beliefs of others.

    If you don't wish to be consider of other people why should I waste my time being considerate to you? I'm not a fan of parasites on society that wish to get listened to without having interest in the words of others.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:52 pm

    Well I just went through all the comments twice, and I'm not going to apologize for any of that. You're evading all of the ideas that I am trying to discuss and just trying to demonize me. Thus you are coming across as insecure.
    Look, I don't hate you, or anybody for that matter. I don't know why you would have any reason to be insecure, you're obviously no dummy. So if I am saying things that make it seem that way, what should you care? If you don't want to talk about the things I am talking about, just ignore it. We're all just here because we're bored anyhow, there is no obligation to talk about anything you don't want to talk about.

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:00 pm

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Perception is NOT reality.

    Give the dude a break! And get off this racialism nonsense, it's not doing anything but keeping racism alive.

    Simplifying my view and calling it nonsense.

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I just hope that nobody here is so insecure that they could become offended by an obviously unintentional comment that could be construed as racist by an ignorant person.

    Without context a person can only go off of the actual meanings of the words. Thus you insult their intelligence and call them insecure since someone else felt the need to use a phrase which can be easily seen as something the poster didn't consider it to be.

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:To be honest, I don't understand how a person could be offended about anything, really. Short of a punch to the face, I just don't think there is anything that anybody could say that would offend me. Is being offended not subjective? Are we not responsible for our own minds? Is it really someone else's fault that my feelings are hurt?

    People will face prejudice for what they are. Maybe you have no been face to face with racism hurting you personally, but that doesn't mean it won't effect others. They will be reminded of those personal moments and possible physical violence against them, job complications, etc. You are demonizing people who are persecuted. Essentially you are saying you don't think people should take responsibility for their own actions.

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Whatever happened to love your neighbor, and your enemy? For if you show love to your enemy, then how could he remain your enemy? If somebody is saying things that don't resonate with you, will your relationship be better off if you reject them or embrace them? At the very least you can just ignore it.

    Perhaps you should love thy neighbor and try to understand them rather than simply treat them poorly.

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Well, thinking might enrich your own mind? Challenging your own beliefs by debating with someone opposed to your current mindset might open up new possibilities for your own growth. Keeping an open mind, that is considering different views without prior prejudice, can only make you a more intelligent person.

    I don't care if you agree with me, but don't trivialize my opinion by saying things like that. I don't insult anyone.


    You feel the need to stand on a moral highground while putting others down. You feel as if your views are right, and like to assume what the views of others are. If anything, I'd say you are an incredibly insecure person looking to challenge the beliefs of others without questioning your own. What you believe is fact, and the views of others are false. You want to trivialize the opinions of others and consider it awful if someone does the same back to you.

    I'm sorry that you are such a massive hypocrite who wishes to be offensive to others. I'm sorry you want to hurt others yet feel that if someone attacks you it is wrong.

    I'm sorry you don't wish to leave your little box Big.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Rynn on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 pm

    Tolvo wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Perception is NOT reality.

    Give the dude a break! And get off this racialism nonsense, it's not doing anything but keeping racism alive.

    Simplifying my view and calling it nonsense.

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I just hope that nobody here is so insecure that they could become offended by an obviously unintentional comment that could be construed as racist by an ignorant person.

    Without context a person can only go off of the actual meanings of the words. Thus you insult their intelligence and call them insecure since someone else felt the need to use a phrase which can be easily seen as something the poster didn't consider it to be.

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:To be honest, I don't understand how a person could be offended about anything, really. Short of a punch to the face, I just don't think there is anything that anybody could say that would offend me. Is being offended not subjective? Are we not responsible for our own minds? Is it really someone else's fault that my feelings are hurt?

    People will face prejudice for what they are. Maybe you have no been face to face with racism hurting you personally, but that doesn't mean it won't effect others. They will be reminded of those personal moments and possible physical violence against them, job complications, etc. You are demonizing people who are persecuted. Essentially you are saying you don't think people should take responsibility for their own actions.

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Whatever happened to love your neighbor, and your enemy? For if you show love to your enemy, then how could he remain your enemy? If somebody is saying things that don't resonate with you, will your relationship be better off if you reject them or embrace them? At the very least you can just ignore it.

    Perhaps you should love thy neighbor and try to understand them rather than simply treat them poorly.

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Well, thinking might enrich your own mind? Challenging your own beliefs by debating with someone opposed to your current mindset might open up new possibilities for your own growth. Keeping an open mind, that is considering different views without prior prejudice, can only make you a more intelligent person.

    I don't care if you agree with me, but don't trivialize my opinion by saying things like that. I don't insult anyone.


    You feel the need to stand on a moral highground while putting others down. You feel as if your views are right, and like to assume what the views of others are. If anything, I'd say you are an incredibly insecure person looking to challenge the beliefs of others without questioning your own. What you believe is fact, and the views of others are false. You want to trivialize the opinions of others and consider it awful if someone does the same back to you.

    I'm sorry that you are such a massive hypocrite who wishes to be offensive to others. I'm sorry you want to hurt others yet feel that if someone attacks you it is wrong.

    I'm sorry you don't wish to leave your little box Big.
    Hey, can I get a cynical opinion on me now?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Funniest post you've read on this forum.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:49 pm