An idea regarding dragon weapons

Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

An idea regarding dragon weapons

Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:09 pm

You know the way the drake sword, dragon king greataxe and dragon greatsword receive no scaling, making them pretty useless once you actually meet the requirements to use them? Well, what if these weapons got significant boost in attack power when you levelled up in the dragon covenant and/or used the dragon body stone? It would make pure dragon builds possible.
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: An idea regarding dragon weapons

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:21 pm

I guess it could provide an alternative build path for dragons who wanted to use weapons, since right now they're the only build designed to make unarmed combat viable. Pure dragon builds are very possible as they are with this setup, and actually quite effective in the right hands, but variety is always good to have.

In my opinion though, I've always seen the Dragon weapons as weapons designed for twinks, like a low-mid level strength build who can two-hand the Greatsword and Greataxe as early as 34 strength and uses their ridiculous base damage to overpower weapons that scale (since at those early levels nothing will scale very well), with the special attacks providing utility options since the twinks using them won't have invested in stats for spells.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:57 am